• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is a bit of a modding/event question, but I'm hoping someone will be able to help.

If in an event's MTTH modifiers, two modifiers refer to the same thing, but at a different rate (ie. there's a modifier for stability < -2 and one for < -1, for example), do the modifiers for -both- count (multiplicatively) or just the largest one?

1) already explained, compete chance is against other merchants, placement chance is for a free slot.

2) More helps. The more provinces that trade through the CoT you own, the higher your compete chances are with Mercantilism. For a Trade League Leader, all provinces of your trade league count towards this.

-----

Ok so just to be sure, then with Free Trade = More provinces actually damages your compete chance.

At +5 Free Trade, how many provinces could I have before the -30% for provinces actually exceed the +25% for being +5 Free trade?

(Thanks for the responses)

Is there a maximum population for a province? Venice is stuck at 999999 in my game.

2s1lshv.jpg

They aren't stuck. There's limited amount of space to display population of province's capital. Most good provinces will reach that quite fast. Feel free to ignore it. :)

In EU3 Complete - might apply to later versions as well. Does westernizing from Muslim to Eastern actually increase your tech rate? Aren't there only a few Eastern nations while there are lots of little Muslim ones? Seems like you would take a hit by westernizing in this case.

In EU3 Complete - might apply to later versions as well. Does westernizing from Muslim to Eastern actually increase your tech rate? Aren't there only a few Eastern nations while there are lots of little Muslim ones? Seems like you would take a hit by westernizing in this case.

Your technology will cost less. It goes from 150% of what western tech costs to 130%.

Under your Military tab, Land subsection. Support Limit=Force Limit.

-----

Ok so just to be sure, then with Free Trade = More provinces actually damages your compete chance.

At +5 Free Trade, how many provinces could I have before the -30% for provinces actually exceed the +25% for being +5 Free trade?

(Thanks for the responses)

IIRC it's calculated only from your provinces trading in that COT, so unless you're talking about a completely domestic COT you shouldn't worry about it.

Anyone else unable to Colonize in the latest beta patch? I feel I'm forgetting something, but the land is within range of my cored ports and they aren't blockaded that I can see but I can't send any colonists. Rather annoying.

Edit:figured it out.

Last edited:
If I'm playing as say england and I have non core provinces, if I become Great Britian will the provinces that are non core reset to '50 years until core'?

Not sure if this matters but this is for DW

When you are not the tech leader in your tech group you will get a neighbour bonus to research. How big the bonus is depends how far behind you are. Thats the gist of it i dont know the details.

I understood that, checked it on the wiki

"National Income:
Neighbor bonuses: Within each technology group, every nation except the tech leader receives a neighbour bonus. This is calculated using the difference between your tech level and the tech level of the tech leader within your technology group. If you receive no neighbour bonus when you mouseover your sliders from the treasury screen, then you are the tech leader for your technology group."

Unfortunately not really wiser due to it. mainly wondering if having more neighbours is good? or more nations in the tech group is good? or If its just a simple bonus that the non tech leader has, ie that If there are 100 nations in your tech group and your tech leader is 2 techs ahead, you get the same bonus if there are two nations in the group and your tech leader is 2 ahead?

Are there any tricks to annexing small island OPMs like the knights as a christian nation without gaining too much bad reputation?

Not really. You could always try to claim their throne and just enforce a PU.

How does neighbour bonus work for techs when do I get it from who and how much?

From real neighbors, but mainly from everyone in your tech group. Having more neighbors and more people in your tech group will give you more of a bonus, and your bonus will also grow depending on how far ahead they are.