• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm having trouble getting Milan out of the empire. What do I have to do?

If you're playing as Milan, you just bring up the HRE electors screen and click "Leave HRE". If you aren't, the AI pretty much never leaves the HRE, so you'll have to make your peace with that.

How strange - I was under the impression that tribute lasts for five years, but it seems to take longer than that. For how long, exactly, will they be paying me tribute?

up until the point when they go bankrupt OR when they decide that you're now weak enough to DoW you without Casus Belli :)

If I am the HRE Emperor and I turn my form of government from monarchy to republic, would I lose my position as Emperor? And, the most important question: Would we have elections every time I get a new president of my republic? That would mean that I could get +10 authority every 4 years if it works that way, huh? :)

If I am the HRE Emperor and I turn my form of government from monarchy to republic, would I lose my position as Emperor? And, the most important question: Would we have elections every time I get a new president of my republic? That would mean that I could get +10 authority every 4 years if it works that way, huh? :)
You would lose it unless you have already passed Erbkaisertum, in which case you dont get the bonus for retaining the Emperor title.

"Global COT gravity +30"

What does that mean exactly? (merchant republic bonus)
That your cots are more attractive to trade through. Attraction is mostly determined by distance, and also influenced (I think) by relations and prestige.

How can I disable the Unlawful Imperial Territory penalty? I can't find it in \events\.
See common\event_modifiers.txt, line 2368.

Playing as the Teutonic Order it seems no matter how much I cuddle up to the HRE Electors i'm always at -1000 vote chance and it states i'm not eligible to become Emperor - is this something I can resolve or are Religious Orders not able to become Emperor?

I've a couple of questions. I'm playing the Golden Horde.

1. What determines whether you get in a war or not with a neighbouring (non-horde, eg. Poland) country? There are plenty of countries for which I haven't a truce with, and border, yet I am not at war with them.
2. Why do countries that declare independence from me get an truce with the human player, but none of the AI countries?

1) If the non-horde nation is paying tribute the horde does not auto-wardec (nothing to gain basically). Also if there is a tribal succession crisis going on you don't automatically wardec. At least that's what I recall from the manual.

2) Huh? if they declare independence from you it should put you at war with them, not truce. I believe (but could be wrong) that other nations will have a truce with them if they have been at war within the last 5 years and not if they haven't so if you quickly lose a province it may have truces but generally you will have held provinces long enough for all truce timers to expire.

In my Tuscan game, I'm trying to disband the HRE - and have made good progress toward doing so - yet I have one small problem: Gelre is listed as a still independent elector (when hovering over the "Disband HRE" button). Considering they have been wiped off of the map, which is proven by the "this nation may be released from this province" in Gelre province, this is as you can imagine a significant problem. What might be causing this?

If it's a bug, that's fine. I have a workaround involving spies and Nationalist rebels. :D

If they don't lose elector status in a few months, I'd say yeah, its a bug.

Quick Question: I was fighting a long and difficult war with Burgundy which I had allowed to blob into a kingdom with a tad too much power, so I wanted to stop them. The war was going good, with cautious tactics I won battles but with all the reinforcements my manpower was soon depleted. It seems that reinforcing when manpower is very low, the game only reinforces one single stack at a time - which is fine by me, but can you then determine which stack you want to reinforce? Especially when it comes to stacks overseas, who then don't get reinforcements for months - or in this case years.

can you then determine which stack you want to reinforce?
Look at the outliner - the order the stacks are listed in there is the order in which they'll reinforce. You can't affect it yourself - though if you don't mind micromanagement you can transfer individual regiments into or out of the first-listed army to make them reinforce faster.

Quick Question: How can I get rid of "Times of trouble"? I hate my Russia with 5 rebellions a week :(
You just have to wait. Appointing a Statesman advisor will make the Time of Troubles end faster, and so will keeping your Stability maxed out; but on average it will last about 10 years.