• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Another question:

Conquering the Native American nations as a european power (eg. conquering the Incas as Castille), is it possible to change the province culture of those provinces, and if so, then how?

In the standard setup, the American native nations are all Pagan (or Shamanist). If you convert those, they also take over your culture. So: convert them :)

Catholics have a lower stability cost, increased colonist chance, more missionaries and more diplomats.
And (if they're large and intolerant) more infamy reduction.

How do you remove Western Influences?
Fully Westernize, or be less friendly to your Western-group neighbours.

you'll need to reform the military , and this one is a bitch :/ having a 7 adm leader when the resist_western_influences finally ends ...

BTW , is conquering Mali/swahili worth it? they should be connected , but a giganormous empire is ugly :/

I'm playing the ottomans , but the mamelukes are alive :D
they always have an heir so i can't kill them
If I take those two , basically i've to take the entiere Africa with all that implies ...

I'm playing the ottomans , but the mamelukes are alive :D
they always have an heir so i can't kill them
Keep an eye on their legitimacy in the first page of the ledger. Some time when it drops below 50% (and it will, eventually - sooner or later they'll have a long regency, or an heir with a weak claim, or maybe even a sustained spell of low prestige), you can use spies to Fabricate Claims against them, allowing you to force a PU without needing a royal marriage in the first place. (This is, hands down, the better of the two options for forcing personal unions.)

Bumping my question up: I think it got lost in the shuffle!

A question of my own: if I diplo-annex an OPM on which I have a core, do I still take the infamy hit?

Playing as Austria, how can I make money without minting? I'm not over my force limits but I seem to need to mint just to stay ahead of bankruptcy.

Also, how do you become the HRE?

One more thing, what is the best way to go to war with somebody who maintains an army that is about 25% larger then yours, when you need to conquer them? The game still being in the early land techs, each at 5 iirc, and with the opponent having a good connection of alliances.

On the same note, how do you ensure that your allies will actually attack with you?

Playing as Austria, how can I make money without minting? I'm not over my force limits but I seem to need to mint just to stay ahead of bankruptcy.
Above all: keep your land maintenance low when you're not at war. (Also, hire a master of the mint so that you can mint some of your income without getting inflation.)

Also, how do you become the HRE?
Inconvenient way: Be more prestigious, better liked, and legitimate than the current emperor when he dies, and hope that he does so just after attempting to pass a reform (so his authority is low).

Brute-force way: Vassalize or PU four of the electors.

Cheesy way (in DW): Expand your Sphere of Influence so that your effective Diplomacy skill goes sky high, pumping your diplomacy-skill bonus in the Imperial Election to ridiculous levels.

One more thing, what is the best way to go to war with somebody who maintains an army that is about 25% larger then yours, when you need to conquer them? The game still being in the early land techs, each at 5 iirc, and with the opponent having a good connection of alliances.
Simple, unhelpful answer: "Don't". Not-so-simple unhelpful answer: "Carefully."

Useful answer: If they've got a bigger army and lots of allies, you're going to need to find some way of neutralizing the latter. It's useful to remember that if country A and country B are allied, but (due to the peculiarities of the alliance system) country B is part of the alliance you're fighting a war on behalf of, and country A isn't, then if you get into a war with country A, country B can't come to their assistance.

This is why France should probably form an alliance with the sitting Emperor (usually Austria), then join in the Emperor's war against someone in the Balkans, before trying to reclaim their cores from Burgundy and Provence.

On the same note, how do you ensure that your allies will actually attack with you?
Attack with them when they go to war, and help them win their wars quickly so that they don't rack up too much WE.

Bumping my question up: I think it got lost in the shuffle!

A question of my own: if I diplo-annex an OPM on which I have a core, do I still take the infamy hit?
I think so, but I'm not sure. I confirmed it.

Get yourself some gold mines, some trade and cut expenses (aka, lower your land and naval sliders when not at war).

Last edited:
Above all: keep your land maintenance low when you're not at war. (Also, hire a master of the mint so that you can mint some of your income without getting inflation.)

Inconvenient way: Be more prestigious, better liked, and legitimate than the current emperor when he dies, and hope that he does so just after attempting to pass a reform (so his authority is low).

Brute-force way: Vassalize or PU four of the electors.

Cheesy way (in DW): Expand your Sphere of Influence so that your effective Diplomacy skill goes sky high, pumping your diplomacy-skill bonus in the Imperial Election to ridiculous levels.
Trading in Ivory also grants +2 diplomatic skill.

Just formed HRE :D. Am I meant to lose all buildings minus forts & manufactories when I inherit those countries?

Thanks,
Wasila
From my tests, yes. But if there are any buildings in construction, when they complete, they will give you all the building prequesites (if some is building a Grandshipyard, you'll get a Dock, a Drydock, a Shipyard and a Grandshipyard when the construction finishes). You also inherit tax assessors.

I used to have three auto saves that were back-to-back every year, ex) "autosave 1500" "oldautosave 1499" "olderautosave 1498"

now I only get the one autosave and idk why how do I get the three of them again?

I play Leinster and have all Irish regions except for Meath, which is still hold by England.
In March 1550 Irish (my flag is shown behind the rebel flag)patriotic rebels won the siege in Meath (and I was like YEAH!). However, even 4 years later the province still belongs to England, which is what im wondering about cause http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Rebels#Chart says, it should defect after 36 months a.k.a. 3 years.
Was it changed in some patch? Really want to unite Ireland^^