• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey I have some issues with tech investment, sometimes my investment is fixed at a certain level and I can't seem to move it
Like stability investment stays at 0 percent or government investment stays at like 30 percent, what causes this? :/

Hey I have some issues with tech investment, sometimes my investment is fixed at a certain level and I can't seem to move it
Like stability investment stays at 0 percent or government investment stays at like 30 percent, what causes this? :/

Two things:

If you have stability +3, your stability slider is locked at 0

If the sliders are grey, that means you have locked them. Right click on it to unlock it.

There is also a bug where the stability slider wont move if you lose stability with that window open - simply move to a different window then return and the slider should be moveable again.

Does plutocracy have a positive or negative impact on the economy of a large empire? I heard it increases the value of wool and cloth or something?
Aristocracy halves the supply of wool in provinces you own that produce it. Plutocracy halves the supply of cloth in provinces you own that produce it. Reducing the supply of a trade good increases its value.

Aristocracy halves the supply of wool in provinces you own that produce it. Plutocracy halves the supply of cloth in provinces you own that produce it. Reducing the supply of a trade good increases its value.

Cloth is more valuable but wool is more plentiful. So i guess the answer is maybe? Im just going to leave the slider alone for a while then.

Cloth is more valuable but wool is more plentiful. So i guess the answer is maybe? Im just going to leave the slider alone for a while then.
Or you could base your decision on whether you need more spies and some small economic bonuses (plutocracy) or more diplomats and cheaper armies and much cheaper cavalry and better generals (aristocracy).

Or you could base your decision on whether you need more spies and some small economic bonuses (plutocracy) or more diplomats and cheaper armies and much cheaper cavalry and better generals (aristocracy).

At this point im more concerned with tech speed. Until i get the east Indian trade company decision and trade route modifier my tech is going to continue suffering. Im going for WC as Portugal and im currently going though some growing pains.

What triggers AI merchants sending ?
in my Cherokee Game I had a CoT in Huron , with complete monopoly , and in 1800 I never had more than one foreign trader in , but my coT in Lima frequently got assailed by various countries so I only got a normal monopoly inside ...
both were known to europeans with the map spread

What triggers AI merchants sending ?
in my Cherokee Game I had a CoT in Huron , with complete monopoly , and in 1800 I never had more than one foreign trader in , but my coT in Lima frequently got assailed by various countries so I only got a normal monopoly inside ...
both were known to europeans with the map spread
AFAIK it's based on CoT size and how many of their own provinces trade through that CoT (more provinces also gives a competition bonus, so that makes sense).

When going for a colonial game (which I'm doing really serious for the first time as Castile -> Iberia) about when should I be in north America? I just wanna make sure I'm not slacking too much or if I am that I need to get my ass there :p

So when you vassalise another country either via warfare or releasing them they automatically take on the government type that you currently have, the exception being if you're an empire, as I understand it. When you release countries as vassals they're also released as the same religion as you are - is there any way to avoid this and release them with the religion they originally had?

When going for a colonial game (which I'm doing really serious for the first time as Castile -> Iberia) about when should I be in north America? I just wanna make sure I'm not slacking too much or if I am that I need to get my ass there :p
Depends on your goals, settings and competitors, but you can take your first American land around 1430-1440.
So when you vassalise another country either via warfare or releasing them they automatically take on the government type that you currently have, the exception being if you're an empire, as I understand it. When you release countries as vassals they're also released as the same religion as you are - is there any way to avoid this and release them with the religion they originally had?
Yes, by losing wars and conceding to release these vassals in a peace treaty.

Depends on your goals, settings and competitors, but you can take your first American land around 1430-1440.

Really? How in the world can you sail that far and have colonial distance to do it? I've gotten to North America in the 1450s but my colonial range isn't far enough, even with QFTNW. Did I miss something here? :(