• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mmm thanks :)

I guess ill stick with catholic because I want the Colonists. I was not sure between Catholic and Reformed. Colonists and the Trade bonus. but my trade E is No. 1 in the world now at 86%.

Are the northern native american minors hordes in DW? That would solve the rather annoying tendency of the AI to build a huge empire of conquest in the Mississippi basin. Instead they'd be very hard to colonize without a strong base already in the Americas, which I believe is more accurate.

Are the northern native american minors hordes in DW? That would solve the rather annoying tendency of the AI to build a huge empire of conquest in the Mississippi basin. Instead they'd be very hard to colonize without a strong base already in the Americas, which I believe is more accurate.
They are not, but making them hordes would open up another problem, since you can't border them without getting into a war and since the first border you will get with them will be a colony they will immediately storm it and take it for themselves, and since you can't attack them without bordering them you would have to ship many troops in non-colonizhed lands, which seems kind of odd from a logical standpoint. anyway, that's just my 2 cents on the topic.

The decision or the event (Council of X)?

Yes, that event. Apparently, it happens with a rather small MTTH and is enabled either 20 years after protestantism starts, or 4 years after the reformation starts, whichever happens first. And it directly enables that decision which has no other prerequisites if i recall correctly.

Can Great Britain become the papacy once I become a theocracy and the papal states is gone. (I'm playing miscmods and am planning to become Papal states with Scotland but want to become GB first if that is possible)

How to solve the extremely low Manpower problem for a small European country like Netherlands ? :(
I'm the richest right now, but rank 40s in Military force. I need Armies to protect my 40+ colonies and my main land from Rebels and other nations and native ??

any tips ?

Yes, that event. Apparently, it happens with a rather small MTTH and is enabled either 20 years after protestantism starts, or 4 years after the reformation starts, whichever happens first. And it directly enables that decision which has no other prerequisites if i recall correctly.

Great, thanks!

How to solve the extremely low Manpower problem for a small European country like Netherlands ? :(
I'm the richest right now, but rank 40s in Military force. I need Armies to protect my 40+ colonies and my main land from Rebels and other nations and native ??

any tips ?

Take the national idea that increases manpower, build the military buildings in your provinces, and conquer some neighboring European provinces.

Here's a scenario I need help with.

Just started a game with Brabant. It has literally been like 5 years, and things are going well. Allied with England and Burgundy, and annexed Koln (made a vassal out of the Westfallen remains). Now Burgundy is at war with France, and are really getting their ass kicked. I was going to go in and help them, like any good ally would do, but then I thought "doesn't Burgundy have that annex Brabant mission"?

So, what would be your move in this situation? Should I help Burgundy (better the devil you know, instead of the BBB breathing down my neck), or should I sit in the stands and watch as France weakens Burgundy on my doorstep? Maybe pick up some of the scraps? :)

Last edited:
There's an advisor who increases reinforcement speed. Also, you reinforce more quickly on or adjacent to home provinces. Withdraw battered units to friendly territory if you want to rebuild them quickly.

Does the AI westernize? I don't think I've ever seen that happen.

Does the AI westernize? I don't think I've ever seen that happen.
The AI will enact key decisions (country formations, westernization etc) if it is able to but it will not go out of its way to enact them. In addition, the AI rarely survives Westernization even if it attempts it; low stability is bad enough for the AI, and it's likely to be ganked as soon as it tries which is the nail in the coffin.

Here's a scenario I need help with.

Just started a game with Brabant. It has literally been like 5 years, and things are going well. Allied with England and Burgundy, and annexed Koln (made a vassal out of the Westfallen remains). Now Burgundy is at war with France, and are really getting their ass kicked. I was going to go in and help them, like any good ally would do, but then I thought "doesn't Burgundy have that annex Brabant mission"?

So, what would be your move in this situation? Should I help Burgundy (better the devil you know, instead of the BBB breathing down my neck), or should I sit in the stands and watch as France weakens Burgundy on my doorstep? Maybe pick up some of the scraps? :)

Let France weaken them. They can't take too much, so once the war is over and Burgundy is weak, pick up some provinces if you can. Try to secure allies that are decently distant but also rivals of France (Castile, England, perhaps Aragon)

Let France weaken them. They can't take too much, so once the war is over and Burgundy is weak, pick up some provinces if you can. Try to secure allies that are decently distant but also rivals of France (Castile, England, perhaps Aragon)
Alternatively, if you feel confident that you can beat France sooner rather than later, let them take their Dutch/Flemish/Wallonian cores and then take them yourself, since taking imperial territory from non-empire members gives free cores.

ok :) thanks

I have another Question, How to increase the reinforcement speed ? mine is so slow and I need faster way to compete against all these allied minors :/

Get military access to people near to the person you are fighting, or fight on your own terrain. You have 200% reiinforcement speed on your on land, and 100% on enemy land you control, or land you have military access to. I think it is 50% if you are next to one of the above, and far, far less (like 5% or so)in any other situation.

How can you get PU's? I have never gotten a single one but austria expaned 5X his normal size with one. How do I go about getting one?

By marrying people, but primarily by forcing them to be your PU. You can get random PUs from countries you have a marriage with if their ruler dies without an heir or with a weak heir. You WILL get a PU with them if you claim their throne and the ruler dies withour heir/ with weak heir. You will instantly get a PU with them, and they can do nothing about it, if you claim the throne, or forge claims with the spy action on their capital, then go to to war with them and force them into a PU. Both of the first are notoriously unreliable, since countries tend to get heirs pretty often, and the chance on RM alone is pretty small.

Also how do you get the voters in the HRE to agree to the reforms you are pushing down their throats?

By being nice to them. There is a full list of influences, which i somehow always forget where to find. But basically, don't have infamy, have relations above 150, the same religion, maybe a RM, and they will probably vote for the reform. Have them vassalized on top of that, and their vote is almost certain. Have high infamy or bad relations, and they probably won't vote for you. Important: Not only electors, but everyone inside the HRE votes on reforms.

Edit: There it is, post 4 by Pewt: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...RE-reforms&p=13097075&viewfull=1#post13097075