• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have a couple of technical questions.

1) Is there a way to speed up scrolling with the keyboard? I like to use the arrow keys to scroll across the map, but it is very slow.

2) Is there a way to reveal the entire map?

I use Ctr + F11 and it works just fine, you will see big letters in the middle of the screen saying "Screen shot taken" or w.e and check where your saved games are and you will find them there.

I just received a misson as Minamoto to vassalize Japan. Year 1416.
Seems legit?
Happened to me as Tachibana after I took Settsu from Taira. I was not impressed.

What's the exact text of the mission title/description and what is the reward listed?
Daimyo's should not be getting the generic vassalize mission at least.
It was the generic vassalise mission; Subjugation CB, lose 2 infamy.

I use Ctr + F11 and it works just fine, you will see big letters in the middle of the screen saying "Screen shot taken" or w.e and check where your saved games are and you will find them there.

Cheers, I'll try Ctrl-F11 and see if that works.

here is an issue.
I'm with Minamoto and i'm the Shogun. I use a spy master and hired ninjas to help fabricate shogun's claim on the other daimyo's provinces. The problem is the ninjas pop up an event like every year which gives 15 prestige. i'm now sitting with 80-90 prestige and this gives me so much shogun influence its constatnly at 100. Declaring war on another diamyo requires me to have 70 or lower. Now how am I suppose to lower the influence? I have 2x bad relations -1 but +3,09 from prestige? this leaves me with +1,03 yearly. Any ideas?

Here's a question :D

I play as Prussia and I have all the cores to form Germany but i really want to enact the Prussian Military Reforms. I still have 9 levels of tech to research in Land and also I have to move my capital to Brandeburg... I was wondering, is it worthy to loose 1000 $ and 4 Stability to enact this National Decision? :D

Here's a question :D

I play as Prussia and I have all the cores to form Germany but i really want to enact the Prussian Military Reforms. I still have 9 levels of tech to research in Land and also I have to move my capital to Brandeburg... I was wondering, is it worthy to loose 1000 $ and 4 Stability to enact this National Decision? :D
I would just edit the decision to remove the capital requirement. In the current public beta patch it has been removed.

could you post plz or send me the file? I would really appreciate it, in fact I may even just build on it.
We really need an ID map so I am going to make one some time tonight or tomorrow and post it, but I am only doing North America :)
14bqnic.png
As you can see, very incomplete. Want to make your job easier? Find one of those tools (like Clausewitz Scenario Editor) which tells you the province number when you hover the mouse over the province.
I ended up not using this map: I ended up using Excel and the error.log to cut out non existent provinces :)

14bqnic.png
As you can see, very incomplete. Want to make your job easier? Find one of those tools (like Clausewitz Scenario Editor) which tells you the province number when you hover the mouse over the province.
I ended up not using this map: I ended up using Excel and the error.log to cut out non existent provinces :)

Its fine to me lol, very good job. I would like to work on it though but I really only care about the americas, specifically North America.

here is an issue.
I'm with Minamoto and i'm the Shogun. I use a spy master and hired ninjas to help fabricate shogun's claim on the other daimyo's provinces. The problem is the ninjas pop up an event like every year which gives 15 prestige. i'm now sitting with 80-90 prestige and this gives me so much shogun influence its constatnly at 100. Declaring war on another diamyo requires me to have 70 or lower. Now how am I suppose to lower the influence? I have 2x bad relations -1 but +3,09 from prestige? this leaves me with +1,03 yearly. Any ideas?

Its been a while since I played Japan so I forget... You can't expand SoI as a Daimyo so you just have to sit and let it burn. Or maybe start a war with someone on the mainland and concede defeat? I do remember having that problem in my Japan game and wanting to smash things because waiting for prestige to decay so you can wait for influence to decay is as bad as watching paint dry.

Just wondering, does anyone know which folder is located the cheat codes "Cash, influence"? I am not certain if its in the actual events folder or not
Cheat codes are not in any text file; they're part of the exe file.

I've been trying to find what exactly defines a nation as a daimyo. I'm the Shogun and I like the bonuses very much, but I would like the extra diplomatic options from uniting Japan. Is it possible to somehow (hopefully easily) mod a united Japan to keep the Shogun bonuses? I don't see why manpower and tax bonuses should have to vanish from simply becoming the emperor. :ninja:

I've been trying to find what exactly defines a nation as a daimyo. I'm the Shogun and I like the bonuses very much, but I would like the extra diplomatic options from uniting Japan. Is it possible to somehow (hopefully easily) mod a united Japan to keep the Shogun bonuses? I don't see why manpower and tax bonuses should have to vanish from simply becoming the emperor. :ninja:

I believe that those bonuses are supposed to represent imperial control over the other daimyos. If you are Shogun, you get a bit of the tax income from all of Japan, rather than just your own lands, and they have to support you in war. Kinda like semi-vassalage. That's the way I look at it anyhow.

You could very easily code an event that gives your nation a tag which awards manpower and tax bonuses. Make the event requirement "be japan" and it should work fine.

I'm not being very specific because I have not modded events in a year or two, and have thus completely forgotten all about how to do it.