• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why does my "Europa Universalis III: Complete" show up as "In Nomine" when the game loads? Was I duped? (I did a game update, and it patched from 3.0 to 3.2 ... for "In Nomine"! Not "Complete"!)

Thank you very much.

Snootch

Complete does not include HTTT or DW for the bundle including those you would have wanted EU3 Chronicles.

What's a good way to take Utrecht and Friesland as Holland?

Declaring war and annexing gives you heavy infamy hits which really hurts Holland which makes its money through trade. Plus you run the risk of the HRE getting upset at unlawful territory, and you have to wait 50 years to core.

Declaring war and vassaling isn't really much better. You have to wait for a random event to allow you to annex and get a core.... otherwise it's still waiting 50 years for the core.

You can't form a PU with Utrecht since they don't have a monarchy.

Not sure what a good way to do this is without getting Holland crushed by stronger military forces. I did it in HTTT but it was so long ago that I 1) forgot how I did it and 2) don't know if the same method would work again.

I'd say, either wait until you have a mission giving a core on them, or just DOW them, and vassalize them, then wait for the mission that will ask you to integrate them into glorious Holland, giving you a core on them when they're annexed.

It can be slow and frustrating - took me 50 years in my Holland game because I usually had the crappy "big fleet", "get 5 merchants in COT" and "accumulate money" missions. Though once it was done, I then vassalized a bunch of electors and managed to beat Bohemia and Burgundy to the throne after 20 years, eventually uniyfing HRE by 1510.

Declaring war and annexing gives you heavy infamy hits which really hurts Holland which makes its money through trade. Plus you run the risk of the HRE getting upset at unlawful territory, and you have to wait 50 years to core.

Declaring war and vassaling isn't really much better. You have to wait for a random event to allow you to annex and get a core.... otherwise it's still waiting 50 years for the core.

Not sure what a good way to do this is without getting Holland crushed by stronger military forces. I did it in HTTT but it was so long ago that I 1) forgot how I did it and 2) don't know if the same method would work again.

Take the infamy hits and wait for them to core. It means you can actually form the netherlands before 1500. Stab hits are recovered imediatly. infamy you can absorb. Obviously if you can get a mission to vassalise go for it, but if you get the chance to take matters into your own hands do so.

I had one go at Netherlands, and I just prefered being in the driving seat to being at the mercy of events. For both provices you get +0.5 infamy. With the -0.25 you get for being in the HRE this is entirely dealable with. Your trading WILL suffer, but not for long.

Every time I've played a Holland game I got the "claims on our rivals" event. It has a pretty large MTTH, but I've always had it fire in the first 150 years. It gives cores on both friesland and utrecht, as well as some of the other smaller countries around you, so you just reconquest them and grab them pretty easily. And then the emperor doesn't eat you.

This question is about the "combat width".

Q1. How long is it exactly? Does it depend on the smallest army?

E.g., army A has 10 infantry, and army B has 12 infantry & 4 cavalry.

Seeing as infantry can attack anything that is 1 spot in front of them or diagonally, that means army B will attack with 12 infantry and 2 cavalry, with 2 more cavalry at the back?

Q2. Can cavalry or artillery attack from the back, seeing as they have manuever of 2 (like jumping over the front line)?

Hi guys, please help me out with this issue.
I`m playing Brandenburg, got out of the PU with Luxemburg when our monarch died and legitimacy of my new king is stuck at 20. I have 4 royal marriages which are supposed to raise it (by 2% annualy) but they don`t, and there are no other modifiers listed that could counter it. So why isn`t my legitimacy raising, could it be a bug or am I missing some hidden rule about that (like no heir yet)?

Hi guys, please help me out with this issue.
I`m playing Brandenburg, got out of the PU with Luxemburg when our monarch died and legitimacy of my new king is stuck at 20. I have 4 royal marriages which are supposed to raise it (by 2% annualy) but they don`t, and there are no other modifiers listed that could counter it. So why isn`t my legitimacy raising, could it be a bug or am I missing some hidden rule about that (like no heir yet)?

It should be going up from royal marriages. 4 doesn't seem like that many, though. You can try to get more, and enact some cultural decisions/get advisers that raise legitimacy.

If it still isn't rising, though, it's probably a bug and you should ask in the tech support forum.

every1 say u can get like 105% trade efficiency with the hansa, how? im at like 40 or so
"Trade Efficiency" of such levels is primarily of function of high trade technology and/or many of the level 6 trade buildings (Customs House). The HSA does get a decision/mission that boosts its "trade efficiency", by 5%, but any power can reach such trade efficiency levels, too. Some nations start out with sliders and/or government types that provide more of a trade efficiency boost than the HSA decision. Moving toward free trade, becoming an Administrative Republic, taking the National Trade Policy idea, and becoming reformed all provide more substantial bonuses to trade efficiency.

What you or other people are probably referring to is the extra "global_trade_income_modifier", that HSA can get. HSA also has two missions/decisions that can boost "global_trade_income_modifier" by 25%. People seeking to maximize will often add it to some of the other modifiers out there for "global_trade_income_modifier", especially the 55% you can get if meet the triggered modifier conditions for the Sound, the Bosphoros, and East Indian trade. There are also some generic decisions to the tune of 22%. So that can put you at over 100% for "global_trade_income_modifier"; but at least one of the decisions is a poor trade-off, and the triggered modifiers require a level of mercantilism that makes trade in foreign CoTs too difficult.

As HSA, I prefer to move toward free trade and focus on trade_efficiency. So the 5% "trade efficiency" boost is the more meaningful number for me. The extra 25% "global_trade_income_modifier" is nice, but not central to your progress.

Most of the time you get +1 trade efficiency per trade tech level, from around lvl 12 to like 15-16 youll get +2; +5 from plutocracy; +10 from free trade; +10 from administrative_republic; +10 from formalized_measures; +5 from krantor_crane; +3 from the_statute_of_monopolies; +2 from the_joint_stock_companies_act; +5 from the_merchant_shipping_act; +4 from agricultural_cultivations; +6 from the_navigation_act; +6 from the_importation_act etc...

Going over 100% is quite possible, just takes some time.