• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
we are trying we best way with the ip it wont load as we see at the end : Game not found but we hosted it. I say we because we think that one can better hosted as the other so tried the otherone to go there . The problem i see is only that it wont load and the game wasnt found. we have look after everything . we have the same patch . same checksum and so on. it says only that the game wasnt found. :)

Firewalls and stuff?

I can't say for sure about sieges, but I have had plenty of wars which last 20+ years of boring occupation (vassalizing burgundy in their starting size as Austria, for example).

Hm. My experience is different, i remember quite exactly that when going for a WC and not exactly sure whether i would finish below infamy limit or not, i simply occupied all of the european OPMs thinking that i could annex them whenever i want this way, and they all whitepeaced out after some time. I might test this a bit more once i get back to somewhere where i have a PC that can run EU3.

Do wars with nomads end after 5 years of inactivity or do they continue ad nauseum? I (Russia) got a border with Kazakh but Ming has occupied their entire country so I can't even attack them and Ming does not seem inclined to call a halt to their war.

Do wars with nomads end after 5 years of inactivity or do they continue ad nauseum? I (Russia) got a border with Kazakh but Ming has occupied their entire country so I can't even attack them and Ming does not seem inclined to call a halt to their war.

They do not; unless Ming gets a notion to colonize Kazakh or end the war, there's nothing you can do. Well, of course, you could attack Ming... :)

How to increase the chance of peaceful PU besides having +100 prestige?

If you mean "without claiming throne" then having a high dip ruler, no infamy, and high legitimacy with infamy being the least important factor since in my current game I got a union with 25+ infamy but high prestige and a 7 dip ruler (I didn't even realize they had a contested throne so they must have had one of those really fast heir die...king die sequences).

Claiming throne through diplomacy will in the worst case scenario put you in a succession war if they die without an heir (assuming there aren't 2 other nations that also claim their throne). Beyond that it's just about being lucky in them not getting an heir or having it die before the king does then a die roll.

Quick question: the decision "Designate Calais as The Staple Port"- does the trade modifier affect the whole CoT value if there is a CoT there or just the value of the fish? And for the tax modifier would it affect the tax contributed by the CoT? (+50% is alot, but sadly Calais is producing fish and not grain)

Last edited:
I would like to replace the late game sprties with something less ugly, and I noticed that on Steam there are two sprite packs that there are two sprite packs that I can't find on Gamers Gate that do just that. Are they exclusive to Steam? Even so, if I buy them on Steam, is it possible to install them on my Gamers Gate version of EUIII?

They do not; unless Ming gets a notion to colonize Kazakh or end the war, there's nothing you can do. Well, of course, you could attack Ming... :)
Ming, of course, cannot colonize as a bureaucratic nation, but I discovered that AI Ming can make peace with nomads in the usual way, by demanding provinces and payment, not tribute. Oh, to be the AI for a day.

I have question: on screen's topbar where is located icons of agents (colonists, diplomats and etc.), next to them are numbers. Is it possible to change the limit of amount more then 5. So I could save like 10 spies or 10 colonists. I found where is located file with agents iconts, but can't find how to change that limit (5).

Ming, of course, cannot colonize as a bureaucratic nation, but I discovered that AI Ming can make peace with nomads in the usual way, by demanding provinces and payment, not tribute. Oh, to be the AI for a day.
Actually, there's a bug where having a horde as your vassal allows you to do that, and AI ming usually vassalizes the Mongol Khanate pretty quickly.

I have question: on screen's topbar where is located icons of agents (colonists, diplomats and etc.), next to them are numbers. Is it possible to change the limit of amount more then 5. So I could save like 10 spies or 10 colonists. I found where is located file with agents iconts, but can't find how to change that limit (5).
Not possible except by editing the exe file.

Particularist Rebels!
They want me to go from Centralized to DE-centralized, that I know.
BUT I don't want to do decentralized, as I find centralized better with the inflation reduction.
If I would change my government type from Empire to something else, would the rebels be happy, or does government type affect it at all? It's getting pretty annoying to have 8 different stacks hunting rebels in my south america...

Particularist Rebels!
They want me to go from Centralized to DE-centralized, that I know.
BUT I don't want to do decentralized, as I find centralized better with the inflation reduction.
If I would change my government type from Empire to something else, would the rebels be happy, or does government type affect it at all? It's getting pretty annoying to have 8 different stacks hunting rebels in my south america...

Every government type has some slider limitations, and if you go past those, you get 1% RR for each slider move past a limit. Look up the limits of the governments to maybe take one that better suits you. Generally speaking, higher tech governments usually allow for better slider moves.

But the main reason your South America is full of particularists is probably not those slider moves, but that you have high RR for some other reason, and no other revolts are viable since noone else has a core there, and the colonies probably also are of your culture. Just check the RR in those provinces, and by hovering your mouse over it check which factors influence it, and try to reduce those. The easiest to get rid of is usually WE, followed by nationalism which fades by itself over 30 years and intolerance which you can get rid of by converting them to the true faith.

ok - when I play as hordes the rebels I fight doesn't seem to perish when they have zero morale (eg. retreating from previous battle) and I pursue them. I am curious if it's just me or did someone else experienced this too?