• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Could someone explain what this means please? I don't understand it :(

There's a random event called "Cultural Assimilation" which, when it fires, converts the culture in a province to your primary culture. For example, if you are playing Russia, it may convert a Tatar province to Russian.

Normally, it only fires on provinces neighbouring those with your primary culture (eg. in the previous example, the province in question had to border a Russian-cultured province). However, it can fire for your capital, even if it does not border a province of your primary culture.

grommile refers to the small possibility that, as Austria, having moved your capital to a province of Saxon culture, the random event changes the culture there to Austrian before you are able to enact "Accept Cultural Shift" changing your primary culture to Saxon.

There's a random event called "Cultural Assimilation" which, when it fires, converts the culture in a province to your primary culture. For example, if you are playing Russia, it may convert a Tatar province to Russian.

Normally, it only fires on provinces neighbouring those with your primary culture (eg. in the previous example, the province in question had to border a Russian-cultured province). However, it can fire for your capital, even if it does not border a province of your primary culture.

grommile refers to the small possibility that, as Austria, having moved your capital to a province of Saxon culture, the random event changes the culture there to Austrian before you are able to enact "Accept Cultural Shift" changing your primary culture to Saxon.

Ohh, gotcha ty for the explanation :D

Installed 5.1 BJLT. Game lags like hell! Before this, with old version (complete eu3 with spritepacks) was perfect in 1080p on maximum settings. I can't find the solution... Decreasing video settings not helps. My PC is fast so no hardware problem. Any idea?

date is doesnt matter, if i start new game, same. the game lags like if i have Pentium 2... In game, if i press a button, it takes 15sec to show. Scrolling is so slow, 1 scrolling = 5sec. Dont know why... Its just after the new release... i tried reinstall, everything, but no solution :'( i will play with my friends in MP. Exiting from game is 2 minutes... Everything is so slow and laggy :'(

date is doesnt matter, if i start new game, same. the game lags like if i have Pentium 2... In game, if i press a button, it takes 15sec to show. Scrolling is so slow, 1 scrolling = 5sec. Dont know why... Its just after the new release... i tried reinstall, everything, but no solution :'( i will play with my friends in MP. Exiting from game is 2 minutes... Everything is so slow and laggy :'(

That's really odd... Almost sounds like a problem for the tech support forums.

OMG, i found a solution, but that means i cant play MP :'(

if i start a game, then resign, and start an other, then EU3 will works fine............. :eek:

but this changes my cheksum, so cant play MP :S

Do you guys pass the agricultural cultivation or and the Judiciary act decisions? One gives -1RR for a 3% tax penalty and the other gives 4% PE/TE for a 6% tech penalty. Seems like the penalties are bigger than the benefits. What do you guys think?

It's just "Search Thread", and it's at the top right next to "View First Unread" and "Thread Tools"

Do you guys pass the agricultural cultivation or and the Judiciary act decisions? One gives -1RR for a 3% tax penalty
Tax value on revenues becomes smaller as the game progresses, and if you need the minus RR, go for it. If RR is not a problem, then don't worry. As for Agricultural cultivation, I'm not sure.

Any government type with elections but whose leader stays until he dies?
Republican Dictatorship and Bureaucratic Dictatorship are both flagged as republics, but I'm not conveniently placed to check whether that does what I expect it to.

The answer to this might not be quick but:

What's the best way to build units in a large empire? I recently formed the HRE and boy it's a huge blob that needs a lot of units to keep together. Clicking provinces one by one and then having them build units is rather tedious and inefficient. Does the game provide something I have missed so far for that issue?

The answer to this might not be quick but:

What's the best way to build units in a large empire? I recently formed the HRE and boy it's a huge blob that needs a lot of units to keep together. Clicking provinces one by one and then having them build units is rather tedious and inefficient. Does the game provide something I have missed so far for that issue?

Click with your right mouse button on a province but that's also quite inefficient.

I do not know why I have a conquest CB against Livland, Estland, Finland, Österbotten. Current mission: Protect against Golden Horde.
mnhhh.jpg