• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
However, it's a pretty useless feature since the file size has to be so small.
There's plenty of stuff worth attaching that's less than 10 MB. I currently have 19 attachments on the forum that total only 4.5 MB. Considering that Paradox never removes the attachments due to age (as most file-hosting sites do) it's quite reasonable.
My HoI fixpack is still online after 6 years (and 2000+ downloads).

This is a great thread with tons of helpful information. Over the past several months, I've read the entire thread, but I can't remember all the details and re-reading is too time consuming. Is there a way to run a search just within the thread to avoid reposting questions that have already been answered? I've run searches just at the EUIII forum, but that includes all the mod sub-forums which dilutes the results making it harder to find the desired answer.

This is a great thread with tons of helpful information. Over the past several months, I've read the entire thread, but I can't remember all the details and re-reading is too time consuming. Is there a way to run a search just within the thread to avoid reposting questions that have already been answered? I've run searches just at the EUIII forum, but that includes all the mod sub-forums which dilutes the results making it harder to find the desired answer.

You can restrict searches to no include the subforums in the advanced search.

Which Horde has the easiest path to reforming their Tribal Givernment into some more effective form of government, followed by Westernization?

Which Horde has the easiest path to reforming their Tribal Givernment into some more effective form of government, followed by Westernization?

That would be the Timurids, by forming the Mughal Empire you get out off tribal government quite fast. Now I haven't played the Timurids that much to know if it's easy to westernize but I don't think it should be a problem after forming the Mughal Empire.

In the Advanced Search option, I don't see Europa Universalis III as one of the selectable forums. The list under Additional Options -> Search in Forum(s): appears to list all the forums found at the main page ordered by grouping: first the "Paradox General Discussion" forums, then "Upcoming Games" and then "Current Games." EUIII is under Current Games, but I don't see it in the list by the others. I see "Europa Universalis I", "Europa Universalis II", and "Europa Universalis III en Espanol" further down the list, but don't think these are right.

Currently, to search the EUIII forum, I load up the its forum page (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?323-Europa-Universalis-III)
and then click on the search forums drop down on the top right, but this doesn't have an option to exclude the sub-forums.

Thanks in advance for your help.

In the Advanced Search option, I don't see Europa Universalis III as one of the selectable forums. The list under Additional Options -> Search in Forum(s): appears to list all the forums found at the main page ordered by grouping: first the "Paradox General Discussion" forums, then "Upcoming Games" and then "Current Games." EUIII is under Current Games, but I don't see it in the list by the others. I see "Europa Universalis I", "Europa Universalis II", and "Europa Universalis III en Espanol" further down the list, but don't think these are right.

Currently, to search the EUIII forum, I load up the its forum page (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?323-Europa-Universalis-III)
and then click on the search forums drop down on the top right, but this doesn't have an option to exclude the sub-forums.

Thanks in advance for your help.

On the upper right of this exact page, directly above the first post, there is a "Search Thread" link. Use that one, it searches just in this thread.

On the upper right of this exact page, directly above the first post, there is a "Search Thread" link. Use that one, it searches just in this thread.

Sorry- I'm either staring right past it or need to update a setting. I seem to have the same issue mentioned above about attachments (posting permissions say "you may not post attachments), so I'll try and describe what I see. It's worth a good laugh at my expense if I can learn how to search this thread :)

Directly above the first post ofthis page, (#6121 by jdrou) at the top right, I see a drop down next to Thread Tools. I have three options there that don't look right:
Show Printable Version
Email this page...
Subscribe to this Thread

Above that, I have the page number links- a drop down next to 307 of 307 that lets you jump to a page, and the links to the first page and direct links to several pages (207, 232, 257, etc...)

To the left of the page numbers is "Results 6,121 to 6,130 of 6130" To the left of that are the thread title, Reply to Thread button, and the facebook like option.

Above this is the hierarchy of the thread: Forum-> Current Games -> Europa Universalis III -> Quick questions / Quick answers

Above this are the headers New Posts, Private Messages, FAQ, Calendar, Community, Forum Actions, & Quick Links along with Advanced Search.

Above that are the headers News, Forum, My Games, Blogs, What's New?, Projects, and a search box & button.

Above that, just below the Paradox Interactive banner is a facebook connect link, Welcome csgdzjtpxj, Notifications, My Profile, & Log Out.

I checked the FAQ, and am thinking it might be related to my display settings. I am set to Linear mode and it is the only option I see available to select on the general settings page: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions I don't see Threaded or Hybrid as options in the drop-down.

I also don't see the previously mentioned "Search Thread" link or a display mode button mentioned in the FAQ. Do I have to be set to Threaded or Hybrid mode to see this link?

For me, it looks like this:

LcbFw.jpg

I don't recall changing any options whatsoever.

What, exactly, are the merits of "Enact Settlement Policy?" I get that switching culture is good in the abstract sense (although I'm not quite sure how), but the negatives seem to outweigh the positives.

Are there any benefits of having "same dynasty" line?
Only thing I found is +3,00 yearly increase in relations between countries.

@above:
Enacting settlement is worthy only with medium and small nations, which go on trade rather then conquest. The main gain is increase in manpower, it remove nasty -30%.

quick question again: playing japan. now, i am bordering oman (muslim tech).

is it worth to westernise? -5 stab, and +50% stab cost. my techs are around 7-9, they are around 19-25. I wanted to westernise to latin :( but they are far away yet! is it worth to change my tech to muslim? or can i westernise from muslim to latin later? :)

any tips? thx!

quick question again: playing japan. now, i am bordering oman (muslim tech).

is it worth to westernise? -5 stab, and +50% stab cost. my techs are around 7-9, they are around 19-25. I wanted to westernise to latin :( but they are far away yet! is it worth to change my tech to muslim? or can i westernise from muslim to latin later? :)

any tips? thx!

When you westernize you move up the tech group ladder. So you'll go from Chinese to Muslim to Oriental to Latin. Each jump requires a neighbor of the appropriate tech group or higher, but you'll have to make all the jumps eventually. Even if you did border a Western nation, you'd have to westernize a few times before being able to switch to their tech group. So go ahead and do it.

I think the console-command for that is "kill TAG", where TAG is your countries tag, f.E. FRA for France.

The correct command is 'die [TAG]'

An other question:

I have a PU with Great Britain (as HRE). It says I inherit upon death of the king, however, it doesnt. Why?

I have 20/35 Infamy, max trust, max relations, max stability, very high diplomacy skill....
I have about 320 regions, they have got about 120.

Last edited:
Long long time Paradox games player here posting first time :)

I have never been able to play EU3 multiplayer becouse of the frequent "out of sync" problems, this is the same for bunch of my friends. We have forwarded ports to router (1630-1640), allowed traffic in software firewall, using most recent patch n checksum (5.1 BJLT). None of us alt-tabs n we have blazing fast computers n internet connections. We have tried direct IP, hamachi, lan and metaserver(didnt get metaserver to work).

This has been the same for years now n I dont mind so much cos I love the SP, but recently few of my friends bought the game just for mp n they are really frustrated for not able to play, cos in steam Divine Wind clearly states "Multiplayer" supported.

Any kind person out there who could give us some advices what we could try before asking for refund?

Last edited:
The correct command is 'die [TAG]'

An other question:

I have a PU with Great Britain (as HRE). It says I inherit upon death of the king, however, it doesnt. Why?

I have 20/35 Infamy, max trust, max relations, max stability, very high diplomacy skill....
I have about 320 regions, they have got about 120.

That tooltip lies. There is a random chance that gets rolled upon ruler death, and it also rolls on that chance to determine what the tooltip says, but they are not both the same roll, so there is no way to say whether you inherit or not before your ruler dies.

Guys I'm playing as Netherlands in 1520 now. I have never played an European country this far. This reformed religion new thing and protestant and all that started to bother me -_- as it gave me a religious turmoil !?

so i have two question !?

1- Should I convert these provinces back to catholic ?

2- Should I convert my stat religion to reformed or anything else ?

and how ?! what is the best thing to do now basically

Guys I'm playing as Netherlands in 1520 now. I have never played an European country this far. This reformed religion new thing and protestant and all that started to bother me -_- as it gave me a religious turmoil !?

You need to do one of the two to get rid of religious turmoil, because to stop that, a large percentage of your provinces needs to be of your state religion. Which one you choose is your decision. For a trading Netherlands, Reformed is probably a good religion, but any will work usually.

Note that converting your state religion harms your relations to catholic countries, and will break any alliances you have going at the moment, so prepare for that.

Well, it really depends on what you want to do. You can change your own state religion in the religion tab, to either protestant or reformed, if you want to. If not, just send some missionaries to your provinces and they should revert back to your state religion after some time. Just remember that Holland/Netherlands tend to be innnovative and often they then don't have access to that many missionaries. You might need to enact some religious decisions and/or slider moves towards narrowminded, to get some missionaries. You need them either way, as you generally prefer to have one religion in the state.

As for which religion I prefer, I generally prefer Protestant>Catholic>Reformed, but that is very much up for discussion. Protestant and Catholic gives +10% tax efficiency, Protestant gives another 10% Production efficiency. Reformed gives -10% tax efficiency, but gives a whopping 10% bonus to trade efficiency, which is quite good.