• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi there,

I am currently playing Sweden and have formed a great Scandinavia. Right now I feel the incremental cost of manufactory very painful. According to EU3 wiki, the coefficient of this incremental cost is 20%. I'd like to change it to 5%. Could anybody show me how to do it?

Btw, is this modification able to apply to current saved game?

Thank you.

It would apply to the saved game, but I'm not entirely sure if it's even possible.

Defines.txt shows only one definition for 'manufactory', and that definition is for the extra money you get from one.

Buildings.txt has nothing for incremental cost, and the comments section says "subject to other modifiers"

Staticmodifiers.txt has nothing on it either.

It might be hardcoded, but it if it isn't, it's some pretty out-of-place and/or well hidden stuff. I'd suggest trying for further help in the user mod forum.

Hi, I'm trying to form russia and it says I need to own and have a core on novogorod I also have a mission to vassalise novogorod, if they are my vassal, will that count as owning the provinve? as I know it does in victoria 2 for unifications.

Hi, I'm trying to form russia and it says I need to own and have a core on novogorod I also have a mission to vassalise novogorod, if they are my vassal, will that count as owning the provinve? as I know it does in victoria 2 for unifications.

No.

You can diplo-annex vassals after ten years with a good diplomatic skill, or vassalize them to fulfill the mission and then break the vassalization to annex them.

Hi there,

I am currently playing Sweden and have formed a great Scandinavia. Right now I feel the incremental cost of manufactory very painful. According to EU3 wiki, the coefficient of this incremental cost is 20%. I'd like to change it to 5%. Could anybody show me how to do it?

Btw, is this modification able to apply to current saved game?

Thank you.

idk about the incremental cost issue, but costs for manus are depended on your Manpower.
So build several lvl 6 land buildings and you should be fine.

I don't think conquering works for buildings with extra restrictions like war colleges; if it isn't in your capital it will disappear.

I noticed that you get the benefits of war colleges if you occupy the province they are in. It does not make a lot of sense, and seems to end if you annex them, but if you are at war an occupy it you can have multiples, since you don't actually own them.

That is indeed funny :)) It is a UNIQUE building to own but you can use as many as you want :))
I tried uniting the HRE with cheats a couple times (to try things out) and it is very possible to have more than one "unique" building.

You can see if the province has manufactories through the population growth (which has a tooltip that describes the modifiers) or because of the small building in the province.

If a steppe nomad is the vassal of other country, it will attack from 5 to 5 years?
It will attack with the senior??

idk about the incremental cost issue, but costs for manus are depended on your Manpower.
So build several lvl 6 land buildings and you should be fine.

Thank you very much!

Yes, after I build several conscription centers, the cost for build an additional manufactory drops a little bit.

This is not mentioned in the EU3 wiki. http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Manufactories#Manufactories

Can anyone clarify the relationship between Manpower, Existing No. of Manufactories and the unit cost of manufactory?

It would apply to the saved game, but I'm not entirely sure if it's even possible.

Defines.txt shows only one definition for 'manufactory', and that definition is for the extra money you get from one.

Buildings.txt has nothing for incremental cost, and the comments section says "subject to other modifiers"

Staticmodifiers.txt has nothing on it either.

It might be hardcoded, but it if it isn't, it's some pretty out-of-place and/or well hidden stuff. I'd suggest trying for further help in the user mod forum.

I also looked everywhere and cannot find the parameter. I will post this issue to mod forum.

Thank you.

I noticed that you get the benefits of war colleges if you occupy the province they are in. It does not make a lot of sense, and seems to end if you annex them, but if you are at war an occupy it you can have multiples, since you don't actually own them.
Yes, the way this works is a problem in my view. While some province modifiers should indeed apply to an occupying country not all of them should.

How do you join the HRE as an outsider again with like my catholic Byzantium? Would I inherit HRE states with cores as Byz? Do you have to move your capital into a HRE province and then how?

The easiest way would be to become emperor (just vassalize some electors), and then just use the "join HRE" provincial decision to make a chain of HRE provinces to your capitol. Once your Capitol is HRE, your country is HRE, too. But i have no idea if moving it to a HRE province works.

The easiest way would be to become emperor (just vassalize some electors), and then just use the "join HRE" provincial decision to make a chain of HRE provinces to your capitol. Once your Capitol is HRE, your country is HRE, too. But i have no idea if moving it to a HRE province works.

I belive you cannot move your capitol into or out of the HRE

I've just started a game of Novgorod and was wondering two thing:
1. Can you declare war on a horde you owe tribute too without the stability hits ?
2. how do you gain control of wasteland areas or are they totally in-accessible?
Thanks for any answers.

I've just started a game of Novgorod and was wondering two thing:
1. Can you declare war on a horde you owe tribute too without the stability hits ?
2. how do you gain control of wasteland areas or are they totally in-accessible?
Thanks for any answers.

1) no, you can't. Well, perhaps you'll get a random CB, but I think hordes don't give you random CBs.

2) You don't. They have no game-effect whatsoever, wastelands are impassable and of no use to anyone.