• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If you are at +3 stab, are you still paying any stab costs?
No.

As I understand it, the province stab cost is the total cost of gaining a level of stability (added together over all your provinces, and possibly with a multiplier applied to it as well). So if the total cost is 2000 and your budget is 20 per month, it'll take 100 months to get the level back.

So basically if my empire is bigger I need to prefer quanity over quality, right? so I can take more troops and handle the peeps on my borders.
Not exactly. I think most people feel that quality is better in most cases. That discussion is really one for a separate thread though (and there have been many). Personally I mostly go quantity for role-playing reasons with countries like Muscovy/Russia.
Some relatively recent threads:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?564183-Quality-is-awesome!
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...re-ever-a-reason-to-use-quantity-over-quality
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?500517-Quantity-vs.-Quality
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...is-much-better-than-Quantity-read-and-discuss

Last edited:
Quick Question... how do you change country names?

So they appear on the map when you zoom out. I found that longer country names look better and I have a couple things I need to change =P

Quick Question... how do you change country names?

So they appear on the map when you zoom out. I found that longer country names look better and I have a couple things I need to change =P

The "localisation" folder in the game directory will contain a file called "text". Open it with a spreadsheet program, use the Find command to go to your nation's name, then change it to what you want. Have fun. (Do NOT change the three-letter tag at the far left)

What does Enact Settlement Policy do? And what are the benefits of converting provinces to religion of your own?

Increases the chance to change the culture of a province to your national culture. Converting provinces to your national religion (and culture) removes certain penalties that decrease your income, increase revolt risk, and the like-almost always a good idea. Not that having high tolerance numbers through NIs, decisons, and govt type can also reduce/eliminate these penalties

When you diplo-annex provinces without having core in them, do you get to keep the existing buildings in them? Is there any way to find out the age and stat of AI's rulers/generals/heirs and infamy and other important info about AI's countries without using a spy...

Assuming you have DW

No (except forts), ruler stats are available by clicking on any enemy owned province (look for stars at top left of the province info panel), generals can be found in the ledger around page 5 or 6 (leaders of the world), heir name (but not stats) can be found by mousing over the ruler's name (also shows who they have royal marriages with if applicable), infamy is on ledger pg 1, some other info is available in the ledger as well. You can also get information about other nation's provinces by having a unit/province adjacent to that province (or an ally's unit/province)

Change the province's culture to yours.
More income and manpower, less revolt risk.

Not in unmodded DW, no.

* Rulers: Yes, hover mouse of ruler's name
*Generals: Yes, there's a ledger page for it
* Heirs: I think no
* Infamy: Yes, hover mouse over the describing line ("They have a tarnished reputation" etc)
Increases the chance to change the culture of a province to your national culture. Converting provinces to your national religion (and culture) removes certain penalties that decrease your income, increase revolt risk, and the like-almost always a good idea. Not that having high tolerance numbers through NIs, decisons, and govt type can also reduce/eliminate these penalties

Assuming you have DW

No (except forts), ruler stats are available by clicking on any enemy owned province (look for stars at top left of the province info panel), generals can be found in the ledger around page 5 or 6 (leaders of the world), heir name (but not stats) can be found by mousing over the ruler's name (also shows who they have royal marriages with if applicable), infamy is on ledger pg 1, some other info is available in the ledger as well. You can also get information about other nation's provinces by having a unit/province adjacent to that province (or an ally's unit/province)

Thank you! I will take a closer look at the ledger then.

No I'm not using Steam.

Just search for save games (using windows?) in the search function on the start menu

Always come up file names like venice+year etc. (Need at least 5 save games for them to show up at all)

Then right click and find the folder they are in.

This may be a quick question: There is a search tool to find a province, but how do you find a country? If it happens to have a province with a same/similar name, then it's no problem, otherwise, I'm searching all over the friggin' map. When I get a message from a country, I would like to go check them out, see who their allies and enemies are, etc.