• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
They have to break your monopoly first. The moment someone breaks your monopoly, everyone are free to stream in.. this means that you really need 90%+ compete chance in your CoT's to be able to maintain a perfect monopoly, and this is only really achievable if you are full mercantilism and own all the provinces in the CoT.

So the 96% complete chance in the COT screen is not accurate? When I open the COT ledger screen it says that I have a 96% chance. But I'm not sure if that is my chance of unseating one of them or my chance of defending the monopoly. I have 6 placed in the COT so I have the monoploy. And yes I'm not at -5 on the sliders, I think I was only at -1 as I was moving to free trade.

So the 96% complete chance in the COT screen is not accurate? When I open the COT ledger screen it says that I have a 96% chance. But I'm not sure if that is my chance of unseating one of them or my chance of defending the monopoly. I have 6 placed in the COT so I have the monoploy. And yes I'm not at -5 on the sliders, I think I was only at -1 as I was moving to free trade.
If you own the provinces that trade through the CoTs you trade in, going Free Trade is harmful.

If you own the provinces that trade through the CoTs you trade in, going Free Trade is harmful.

I own three COT's in my Prussia game (Novograd, Lubeck and one I created). None of them are 100% my province only as even the one I created had two of my vassels trading through it. Its not that I really need the money but I wanted to see and test how to do it.

The chance it shows at the CoT ledger screen is NOT indicative of how successful you will be at defending your monopoly in the event of a perfect monopoly. It shows the chance to unseat the easiest merchant at all times.. in order to know your actual chance you will have to go to the CoT and hover your mouse over every single shield to make sure your compete chance is 90%+ with all of them. If it turns out that, say, Holland is a super trader and he's the only one with a good chance of breaking your monopoly, then it might be worth it to embargo him. But in most cases, embargo isnt worth it.

And yes, for a perfect monopoly you really need to own all provinces and be -5 merc.. as full free trade, you need to get some serious modifiers under way if you want to have any chance of maintaining a monopoly like this (free trade is still better in most cases.. 5-6 merchants in every CoT is vastly better than a full monopoly or two, until you own half a continent).

I noticed that the Emperor only sends me those "Return Imperial Territory" during peace time. Coincidence or does that only get send when the Emperor is at peace? In case of the latter, that would seriously help me because I've got half a dozen of UIT and I really not interested in returning them but I also don't want the -6 stab hit.

I noticed that the Emperor only sends me those "Return Imperial Territory" during peace time. Coincidence or does that only get send when the Emperor is at peace? In case of the latter, that would seriously help me because I've got half a dozen of UIT and I really not interested in returning them but I also don't want the -6 stab hit.

A Formal Request will only fire when you are at peace, yes.

The tactic is to wait on ending the war till you have enough magistrates to remove those provinces from the HRE. So try not to grab more than 5 at any one time.

I'm Muscowy and I'm trying to diplo-annex Tver. I have +1 stability 77 prestige 8.4 infamy and 100 legitimacy.
My monarch has 6 Diplomatic skill, and 4 administration.

I currently hold all of Ukraine, and have completely conquered Novgorod, and also have 4 territories to the west. (from the Window to the west mission) So I'm pretty large, with a really large military as well....

I just don't understand why I can't diplo-annex them. To test, I even cheat and get 3 st. 100 prest, 0 infamy. Yet I still can't diplo-annex them.

Muscowy.png

I'm Muscowy and I'm trying to diplo-annex Tver. I have +1 stability 77 prestige 8.4 infamy and 100 legitimacy.
My monarch has 6 Diplomatic skill, and 4 administration.

I currently hold all of Ukraine, and have completely conquered Novgorod, and also have 4 territories to the west. (from the Window to the west mission) So I'm pretty large, with a really large military as well....

I just don't understand why I can't diplo-annex them. To test, I even cheat and get 3 st. 100 prest, 0 infamy. Yet I still can't diplo-annex them.
Have ten years passed since you vassalized them? Do you have a royal marriage and an alliance with Tver?

I am Tuscany, I have just taken Rome. Is it possible for me to keep Rome or is it not worth the hassle and will eventually revolt?

Thanks

Rome spawns massive rebel stacks, but if you convert to another religion, you'll get a nice bonus for owning it. It's also a very wealthy province. I probably wouldn't take it as my first new province, but if you have time and patience, it's worth it.

Hi, is there any way to take a capital without completely annexing a country? Also, with the search feature how do I search only the eu3 forum?
If the capital is landlocked, and you own the neighbouring provinced you can demand the capital in a peace treaty.
Correction, its not needed that you ownd the neighbouring provinces, it just needs to be an other nation then the capital nation. (cologne is a good example)

Q: is there an DW - Victoria, Empire under the sun converter. (so not Victoria 2!)

Hi, is there any way to take a capital without completely annexing a country? Also, with the search feature how do I search only the eu3 forum?

Yes, but it's very difficult. If the target capital is inland, you can annex it if it doesn't border any other provinces belonging to them. If the target is coastal, the same rule applies, except they also must not have any other coastal provinces.

If you deliberately try to isolate the capital the AI has a tendency to move it to a safer location.

thanks guys, guess I'll have to reconsider taking thrace from the ottomans then...

Come on! Taking every single Ottoman coastal province is fun!