• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OK then. I guess the best route is to wait another 10 or so years and integrate Naples, which will give me enough provinces to get Oldenburg and Friesland?

inheritance is mostly like gambling anyway... not to mention that the tooltip that tells you about it is pretty much broken.

Not like gambling for me, if I keep prestige high, relations highest, infamy lowest. I almost always inherit, if i got 5 nations in PU I inherit 4 out of 5.

I don't think you can inherit PU partners larger than you.
Size will not prevent inheritance. A junior partner larger (or at least with a larger army) than the senior will insult the senior to lower relations though.

I am confused about something that happened in my EU3 game and am wondering if you guys can tell me what happened.

This is the situation (well a few years old but close enough).

2CDEB8DB006D9BEF3D51373F1B31D20D56477044

I am in an alliance with Mamluks and our relations are about 65. We are both at peace at the time. For some reason our relations randomly drop to about -35 or so and a week later he drops his alliance with me. I thought this was weird because I don't know what made our relations fall (he didn't insult me by the looks of it, or warn me because I should get popups for those) and because I didn't get a popup telling me that he broke the alliance like it should. I only noticed because I couldn't see inside of his lands anymore.

Anyone know what happened?

Last edited:
Did you have an RM, and did you claim a throne? That's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head.

Maybe he collapsed; that will break all ties to other nations, although from the size of the Mamluks, that's not a great answer either.

EDIT: Shame on me for not reading closely enough. Yes, when somebody claims a throne, relations with all countries you have an RM with will drop significantly.

Maybe he collapsed; that will break all ties to other nations, although from the size of the Mamluks, that's not a great answer either.

EDIT: Shame on me for not reading closely enough. Yes, when somebody claims a throne, relations with all countries you have an RM with will drop significantly.

Okay thanks! I may remove my RM with the mamluks then... seems gamey though so i'll think about it I guess.

Okay thanks! I may remove my RM with the mamluks then... seems gamey though so i'll think about it I guess.

It's a one time hit; your relations should slowly recover over time.

Is it possible to change the title screen? The divine wind screen....to be honest it is awful. It totally deviates from the art work of the game.

A lot of mods do it, so it is possible. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do it. You may be better off asking in the modding subforum.

Death & Taxes question: I'm playing as Egypt and wish to reinstate the pentarchy. How can I switch from Muslim to Orthodox? I let orthodox rebels take one of the former Ethiopian provinces but I am unable to negotiate with them because I am Muslim. The same happened with Catholic rebels. Is conversion possible?

Ok, I really need some help.

I'm playing a game and england declares war on me for some sort of conquest CB. They get beat, decisively, 20% warscore in my favor, they will not accept any demands they will not accept white peace. Years and years go by, war is still on. I say screw it and start to offer things, I offer EVERY SINGLE THING that is possible to offer in a peace deal and they wont even accept that.

Did the ai just smack itself in the face with a hammer a few times or am I missing something?

Ok, I really need some help.

I'm playing a game and england declares war on me for some sort of conquest CB. They get beat, decisively, 20% warscore in my favor, they will not accept any demands they will not accept white peace. Years and years go by, war is still on. I say screw it and start to offer things, I offer EVERY SINGLE THING that is possible to offer in a peace deal and they wont even accept that.

Did the ai just smack itself in the face with a hammer a few times or am I missing something?

the AI won't admit defeat as long as its 'war capacity' is high - no matter how high your WS is. once I had something like 60%+ WS against a fully blockaded Sweden and they didn't want to pay 25 golds... if you cannot beat their army (as it was in my case against Sweden) or navy you should consider other ways.

you could try to raise their war exhaustion and/or lower their stability (with peace offers that are considered to be "good" and still they won't accept) and/or lower their overall war capacity somehow. once their WE as high and their stab. is low they will accept even more harsh peace deals than the actual WS against them.