• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
They only have 2 provinces, their starting 1s from the game start (Grand campaign)
What is your ruler's diplomatic rating, their ruler's diplo rating, and how many countries do you have in your sphere of influence? Also do you have an ambassador advisor?

My rulerhas a 3 stars diplomacy.
They have a regency council right now with 1 star, but I've tried annexing them before when they had a ruler, and he had 1 star as well.
They are my only sphereling as well as my only vassal.
I do not have an ambassador advisor, I havn't gotten the option to hire 1.

Another question I have, is how do I get elected as the Emperor of the HRE? I have maximum relations with all the electors, and it says they will all vote for me (except Bohemia as the current ruler of course) but when ever the Emperor dies and a new vote is made, it always goes back to Bohemia. This is playing as Hungary still with all my provinces as part of the HRE.
Sounds like they're changing their vote and you aren't noticing. If it says they're voting for you, they're voting for you.

Is your ruler female? A female ruler can't be Emperor and I'm not sure if that gets reflected in the voting screen.

Is your ruler female? A female ruler can't be Emperor and I'm not sure if that gets reflected in the voting screen.
All of the ineligibilities (republic, female ruler etc) show -1000 in the voting screen just fine in my experience. The electors are probably just changing their votes some time between King5000 checking and the election happening.

Don't ever trust democracy! Just vassalize every elector, and just to be safe, beat up Bohemia too. Then bribe your vassal-electors to like you again, and not just by 5 points, be 100 points ahead. I have never lost a vote that way.

Don't ever trust democracy! Just vassalize every elector, and just to be safe, beat up Bohemia too. Then bribe your vassal-electors to like you again, and not just by 5 points, be 100 points ahead. I have never lost a vote that way.

AFAIK vassallizing instantly give +200 relation to you and huge other bonuses on election, so you have to be at _very_ low relation to your vassal if they do not vote for you

Yes, if diplo-vassalizing a lot, and maybe doing some annexations on vassals, and calling them into every war simply because of being to lazy to think about which of the dozens of vassals i actually want in it, i find my self often at -200 relations to most of them. If they are not electors and i don't want to annex them, that usually does not matter. And if you are outside of the HRE and have -200 relations, they often rate someone inside the HRE with +200 relations, which strangely enough the emperor often has, higher than you. Especially if you have a bit of infamy, or maybe not that high legitimacy, but even without it, it also happens. But that is obviously easily taken care of when you increase your relations to maybe about 0.

AFAIK vassallizing instantly give +200 relation to you and huge other bonuses on election, so you have to be at _very_ low relation to your vassal if they do not vote for you
Vassalizing should give you:

Relations +200
Being Vassal or Union +250
Military Alliance +30
Royal Marriage +20 (if they're a monarchy)

Are the modifiers to demand/supply additive or multiplicative? For example, Naval Supplies demand is modified by 40 from having a capital in the province (and being at war), 40 from having the previous as well as naval=3, and 25 from having an admiralty in the province. Would a province with those 3 modifiers provide a 105 boost to demand, or a 4000 boost?

Alright, I've got a few questions dealing with centers of trade.

First, there's three CoT's owned by the Timurids, and I was wondering if it's possible to send merchants to them? I'm guessing it's not possible, since even if I had good relations I couldn't ask them to open their markets, since they're nomadic (which, in my opinion, is pretty stupid).

My main question is about a CoT in Settsu. I've got merchants in the CoT in Kyoto, but I can't get any in Settsu. It took me awhile to figure out that I couldn't actually do anything with the individual Daimyos (which, again, I don't like), so I can't figure out what to do. Is it the same situation with the Timurids (in other words, not possible)?

One last question (nothing to do with CoTs): I'm allied with Byzantium, and want to help them get some land from the Ottoman Empire. However, I'm not sure how to do this. I could declare war myself, but there's no CB with what I need (liberation doesn't count, I think, because Byzantium is still there). Plus, I'd have to make sure the Byzantine troops were always leading a siege (so they would control the province). However, that doesn't change my warscore, so I couldn't demand them to give all the land to Byzantium.

Basically, is there anyway for me to aid Byzantium with regaining their land?

Alright, I've got a few questions dealing with centers of trade.

First, there's three CoT's owned by the Timurids, and I was wondering if it's possible to send merchants to them? I'm guessing it's not possible, since even if I had good relations I couldn't ask them to open their markets, since they're nomadic (which, in my opinion, is pretty stupid).
Not unless they start with their markets open. Don't worry, you're not missing out; those CoTs are crap.

My main question is about a CoT in Settsu. I've got merchants in the CoT in Kyoto, but I can't get any in Settsu. It took me awhile to figure out that I couldn't actually do anything with the individual Daimyos (which, again, I don't like), so I can't figure out what to do. Is it the same situation with the Timurids (in other words, not possible)?
If you can't open the CoT page at all then you're out of luck (since you'd need to ask them to open their markets). If you can then it's some other issue.

One last question (nothing to do with CoTs): I'm allied with Byzantium, and want to help them get some land from the Ottoman Empire. However, I'm not sure how to do this. I could declare war myself, but there's no CB with what I need (liberation doesn't count, I think, because Byzantium is still there). Plus, I'd have to make sure the Byzantine troops were always leading a siege (so they would control the province). However, that doesn't change my warscore, so I couldn't demand them to give all the land to Byzantium.

Basically, is there anyway for me to aid Byzantium with regaining their land?
Use Holy War, take the provinces yourself, then sell them to Byzantium for 0.

Will the lesser partner in a PU ever make a separate peace?

If it works like vassals yes.
The PU leader has to be a minor member of a war and then he calls in his lesser partner and then the leader has to leave the war, then you can make peace with the lesser partner

Use Holy War, take the provinces yourself, then sell them to Byzantium for 0.

Not quite what I hoping for, but thanks anyway for the answers.

I finally decided to cheat(?). I loaded the save game, played as Byzantium, declared war on OE using the reconquest CB, and asked allies to join. Then I saved and loaded as my original country, and accepted the call to arms. Best of all, achievements are still enabled (I was afraid they wouldn't be).