• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I seem to remember a program that let you analyze the history for a saved game and then browse through the compiled information to find the biggest war, or some other interesting information. I think it could also produce an animated map .gif showing how borders changed over time. What is that program? Does it work with Divine Wind?

edit: found them

I know this makes animated .gif maps based on save, but what app is that analyser you first referred to?

Tariffs! Do they go into the Investments column? If so, doesn't this mean that large colonial empires only really contribute to research (which they negate from by adding to costs)?

Yes.

Having a small number of rich colonies is good. Having a large number of poor colonies is awful. The only benefit is manpower, which is halved in distant overseas provinces and already almost negligible in America.

Yes.

Having a small number of rich colonies is good. Having a large number of poor colonies is awful. The only benefit is manpower, which is halved in distant overseas provinces and already almost negligible in America.
Actaully, America mass colonies are good thanks to the trade goods if you build them up to min. 1 trade building.
I got a green tech map as Netherland when i have the coast of both americas.

Actaully, America mass colonies are good thanks to the trade goods if you build them up to min. 1 trade building.

I have heard something along these lines - build trade buildings in colonies. This increases trade income - is this the 'Trade Value', which is contributed to the CoT? So to make use of it I have to have the colony trade in a CoT which I have control in?

is there a good way to prevent or counteract lithuanian insults as poland, so you can keep the relation high enough for an integration?

they keep bombarding me with insults although i don't give them much provocation

is there a good way to prevent or counteract lithuanian insults as poland, so you can keep the relation high enough for an integration?
If you look weaker (mostly, have a smaller army) than your PU junior, they'll spam you with insults any time you have positive relations with them. If you look stronger (mostly, have a bigger army), or if you're both fighting on the same side in a war, they won't.

Hi, noob to EU3 here. Here is a quick overview of my current Naples campaign:

http://tinypic.com/r/2wck8sj/7

It seems I am having trouble generating income:
- Liguria's CoT has dwindled to about 130 total trade, while Venice is booming at well over 1k
- My inflation is already at 5 and I have at least 2 loans of 70-80 ducats to pay off over the the next couple years, and
- I have no spare ducats to build tier 1 trade/production buildings (though I have managed to build a few in my main provinces - Napoli, Palermo, etc)

What can I do to make some more ducats over the next couple years, and generally set me on the path to a stable, inflation friendly economy?

I was thinking about hiking up my tax all the way, as it gives me about positive 11 balance. I would use this income to pay off the loans, then when I am sitting at around 7-8 inflation, bring the tax back down. (I also have "pay off loans" mission, which would give me -1 inflation if I pay off loans)

What can I do to make some more ducats over the next couple years, and generally set me on the path to a stable, inflation friendly economy?
Your two loans are costing you 65 ducats per year in interest; pay them off and your yearly income will jump from 8 to 73 overnight. If you have to mint (gain inflation) to pay them off, then do it.

Also, you've got no trade income because your infamy is 17 and everybody hates you. You're looking at around 17 years of waiting and not doing any more conquering before you can fix that particular problem. For the moment, just send merchants to the CoT you own in Liguria and ignore any others.

Once your loans are paid off you can afford to build a new income-generating building each year, and your total income will gradually ramp up. This isn't a game for instant gratification, though: remember it's a 422-year campaign and you're only 6% of the way through it.

Finally, if you need quick money urgently there's always the option of attacking a small but wealthy minor power, defeating them, and then demanding ducats rather than territory from them. Wait five years, then repeat.

Thanks for the tips, I shall try your advice StephenT.

Also, another quick question:

How big a factor is "Luck" in EU3? I set my current campaign to 'Random' luck, and am becoming a bit concerned with the big boys, such as Austria and Castille, which I am assuming are just two of the recipients of the luck boost; they are pretty much taking what they want militarily, and have a huge economy. Will I be able to compete with them in these regards as the game progresses, or will I fall ever behind?

How big a factor is "Luck" in EU3? I set my current campaign to 'Random' luck, and am becoming a bit concerned with the big boys, such as Austria and Castille, which I am assuming are just two of the recipients of the luck boost; they are pretty much taking what they want militarily, and have a huge economy. Will I be able to compete with them in these regards as the game progresses, or will I fall ever behind?

'Luck' gives fairly big bonuses, see the wiki. But they aren't invincible, and the combat bonuses will actually become less relevant over time as more powerful units become available.

Hi, noob to EU3 here. Here is a quick overview of my current Naples campaign:

http://tinypic.com/r/2wck8sj/7

It seems I am having trouble generating income:
- Liguria's CoT has dwindled to about 130 total trade, while Venice is booming at well over 1k
Venice is probably still a Merchant Republic, and attracts more trade. If you are on their Trade League leave and join a distant one (Novgorod), that should bring more revenue to your CoT. Also, make sure you aren't grating trade rights to anyone if you want to make your home CoT bigger.

Hi,
I am the HRE Emperor and I lead personal unions with Spain, Savoy, Milan, Alsace and Anschbach (whatevere the sp).
Four emperors died, but I did'nt inherit any of them.
I keep the relations with my partners always at 200, and my infamy is almost always between 8 and 12.

I seem to remember that wars prevent inheritance, but the only wars I had when my emperors died were against hordes.
I did not think Horde wars mattered in this subject, am I wrong?