• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How does instituting HRE reforms work? I just became emperor for the first time and got to 81 authority and tried to institute one, but all it did was pop up a screen saying what the effects would be and then nothing happened. Do I have to wait a while for the vote to finish or did it fail or what? If it did fail, can I ensure that it will succeed by increasing relations with everyone, or is it random?

Is trust level something that is shared between two countries, or is it individual to each country?

In other words, Country A answers Country B's call to arms. Obviously, Country B's trust towards Country A will increase, but will Country A's trust towards Country B increase as well?

How does instituting HRE reforms work? I just became emperor for the first time and got to 81 authority and tried to institute one, but all it did was pop up a screen saying what the effects would be and then nothing happened. Do I have to wait a while for the vote to finish or did it fail or what? If it did fail, can I ensure that it will succeed by increasing relations with everyone, or is it random?
If the vote succeeds you'll get a pop up about a Diet in whichever city, if nothing happens then that means the reform did not pass.

If I remember correctly having good relations and low BB is important.

If I remember correctly having good relations and low BB is important.
Good relations, religious uniformity, vassalization, royal marriages, low infamy, and breaking up the blobs (big countries tend to vote against reform).

I was always wondering how the AI can field relatively large armies without minting hard or going bankrupt all the time.
So I just reloaded as Bihar in my current Vijavanagara-game and i saw that they set the "morale slider" to somewhere in the middle.
So my question is: Is it a good idea to do this a.k.a. more troops but less morale? Or should I give all my troops full morale?

I was always wondering how the AI can field relatively large armies without minting hard or going bankrupt all the time.
So I just reloaded as Bihar in my current Vijavanagara-game and i saw that they set the "morale slider" to somewhere in the middle.
So my question is: Is it a good idea to do this a.k.a. more troops but less morale? Or should I give all my troops full morale?

During wartime your maintanence should ALWAYS be on max. During peacetime however, consider sticking it lower. Going to 0% will save a LOT, but troops won't reinforce if it's down that much and you'll be vulnerable if someone DoW's you. Going to 50% is a nice compromise however that will save you money and still allow you to reinforce and beat most rebels relatively easily.

During wartime your maintanence should ALWAYS be on max. During peacetime however, consider sticking it lower. Going to 0% will save a LOT, but troops won't reinforce if it's down that much and you'll be vulnerable if someone DoW's you. Going to 50% is a nice compromise however that will save you money and still allow you to reinforce and beat most rebels relatively easily.

One exception: No need to go max with both arms if only one is going to see action. Obviously, your navy can stay low if you're invading Switzerland. OTOH, there can be overseas wars in which you have no need for army maintenance for several months, until your fleet has gained superiority. (Of course, don't forget to raise it when you need it.)

when i dont have a direct border with a horde, but my vassal has (say ottomans with vasalized moldavia). and the truce for my vassal and the gh runs out. it should result in automatical white peace right?
did i miss something here because it doesnt anymore :(

when i dont have a direct border with a horde, but my vassal has (say ottomans with vasalized moldavia). and the truce for my vassal and the gh runs out. it should result in automatical white peace right?
did i miss something here because it doesnt anymore :(

I think that was not WaD when it white peaces like that. End the war though, and I don't believe another will start.

Hey guys, I would like to buy this game so I thought about trying the demo 1st but I can't play it. It says I need 128mb of video memory to run the game. But, some website like Can You Run It? tells me that I can play games like Europa Universalis III : Divine Wind and I also play way more recent games than Europa Universalis III. And I can play the demo of Europa Universalis : Rome - Demo.

So, could I be able to play it?

Any computer that's newer than say... 2003 shouldn't have a problem with graphics at all. In EU3, almost all the burden to the point you wouldn't be able to run it falls on your processor, so there shouldn't be an issue.

Hey guys, I would like to buy this game so I thought about trying the demo 1st but I can't play it. It says I need 128mb of video memory to run the game. But, some website like Can You Run It? tells me that I can play games like Europa Universalis III : Divine Wind and I also play way more recent games than Europa Universalis III. And I can play the demo of Europa Universalis : Rome - Demo.

So, could I be able to play it?

It would be helpful to know the specifications of your computer, but yes, any modern pc should be able to run EUIII without difficulty.

Are there any quick ways to raise chance of integrate succeeding?

I'm trying to go republic in a Netherlands game, but I'm still leading a PU with Barbant, and I need them to integrate. I can't raise the possibility above "Maybe" though, and I don't like reloads.

Are there any quick ways to raise chance of integrate succeeding?

I'm trying to go republic in a Netherlands game, but I'm still leading a PU with Barbant, and I need them to integrate. I can't raise the possibility above "Maybe" though, and I don't like reloads.

Have you tried expanding your SoI?

Q: One of my provinces has just been converted to Protestant from Catholic by an event. I sent a missionary there to try to change it back but it the conversion chance percentage is a negative figure!? Does this mean there is no chance of changing my province back?

Q: One of my provinces has just been converted to Protestant from Catholic by an event. I sent a missionary there to try to change it back but it the conversion chance percentage is a negative figure!? Does this mean there is no chance of changing my province back?

No. When a province first converts it gets a modifier that will reduce the chance to convert it w/ a missionary to negative in most cases. Theres some modifiers you can stack that will get it to 1-2% chance, but thats obviously not much. The modifier will eventually go away in 25 to 30 years(I forget which). So basically its a waiting game.

Ok many thanks! Its minus 12 or 13% I think so I will definitely be waiting a long time!

EDIT: Another quickie, How do i work out whether or not I should pass "The Dissolution Act"? This has the postive aspect of -1 National Revolt Risk but the negative side of minus 5% production? Bear in mind I have just formed Prussia so basically all of my provinces have at least a 3.4% showing on the Revolts Risk tab.

Sorry for these questions which I imagine are very obvious to most of you but this is my first "proper" game of EU3 and things keep cropping up that I have no experience on!

Last edited: