• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Does anyone have any reliable strategies for dealing with giant blobs, especially HRE Bohemia getting into a feeding frenzy with Golden Horde lands.

This varies wildly depending on who you are, what your game goals are, who they are allied with, are you a member of HRE, is the blob a member of HRE, and so forth.

One fairly successful way is to blitz-assault their cores before their armies get back from the far end of their empire and demand they release as many nations as you can get. Rinse/repeat as needed. I've also had some success using spy-led rebellions during periods of turmoil to cause them to break under their own weight but that is harder to arrange.

Why does Germany get +1 tax boost on all territories when the other unifier decisions don't? Germany is harder to form, and the tax base increase is also much larger than Italy or GBR in terms of province count.

Because it's harder to form, you get a larger reward? Because historically, Germany was just as "overpowered" when it unified? :p

Quick Question: I'm playing the game as Castille, settings on normal. I'm not quite good at the game, but it is going suprisingly well after a forced personal union by Burgundy on me, a sort of revolutionary war against them freeing Castille again. I annexed Portugal and I own parts of North Africa, some provinces, and started colonizing the New World (conquered the Creeks). It's 1501. The thing is, I have not yet build that many buildings. Mainly focussed on Constables and Workshops, and I am now constructing forts in the Creek territory to prevent rebels from continuously taking over my provinces there. The question is, is it bad that I have not yet build that many structures in my home provinces?

This varies wildly depending on who you are, what your game goals are, who they are allied with, are you a member of HRE, is the blob a member of HRE, and so forth.

One fairly successful way is to blitz-assault their cores before their armies get back from the far end of their empire and demand they release as many nations as you can get. Rinse/repeat as needed. I've also had some success using spy-led rebellions during periods of turmoil to cause them to break under their own weight but that is harder to arrange.

Mecklenburg with two provinces (for tech), still HRE, and most of the coast from Friesland to Brandenburg are either allied or my vassal. The big worrysome blobs right now are Castille, England, and Bohemia (France is busy duking it out with Burgundy).

How can i beat Aragon out of Europe. What sucks is that they only have their coastal capitol left. They have biggest, well maybe not biggest, but in top 3 colonial empire. Most of new word coast is colonized and they got most important bits of it. I would have thought that they moved their capitol already because of me, but nooooo. I am controlling global superpower(controlling 90% of continental Europe) andonly small number of western nations have survived.

Is it possible to go forming these 3 nations one after the other in 1 campaign:

1) prussia
2) germany
3) HRE

and would you recommend to try it?

It is possible, people have done it, they have succeeded and had a lot of fun while doing it. Most people do it like this. Brandenburg > Prussia > Germany > HRE .

It is possible, people have done it, they have succeeded and had a lot of fun while doing it. Most people do it like this. Brandenburg > Prussia > Germany > HRE .

More like all people, since any other order is impossible. Germany and the HRE can't form Prussia, the HRE can't form Germany. Prussia could form the HRE but then you're stuck.

Quick Question: I'm playing the game as Castille, settings on normal. I'm not quite good at the game, but it is going suprisingly well after a forced personal union by Burgundy on me, a sort of revolutionary war against them freeing Castille again. I annexed Portugal and I own parts of North Africa, some provinces, and started colonizing the New World (conquered the Creeks). It's 1501. The thing is, I have not yet build that many buildings. Mainly focussed on Constables and Workshops, and I am now constructing forts in the Creek territory to prevent rebels from continuously taking over my provinces there. The question is, is it bad that I have not yet build that many structures in my home provinces?

It not the endo f the world. I tend to build as many buildings as i can, but if you are a large power (like castille) you have no hope of building all the buildigns everywhere (like the small powers can)bacause of the magistrate limit. Its just one of many aspects of EU3, so you'll be fine.

Does anyone have any reliable strategies for dealing with giant blobs, especially HRE Bohemia getting into a feeding frenzy with Golden Horde lands.

Patience and rebels. Just wait for the lovely day when thier stability hits -3 and they rip themselves apart (a drawn out war to raise thier WE can help too).

I have been playing for a short time but I love this game. I have a question.

I am playing France in DW 5.1 Grand Campaign. I was in a war against England, Burgundy, Brittany, Savory, etc. I had taken all the English lands in France, occupied all of Brittany and Savory and taken a few in Burgundy. Every time I asked for peace terms from 1 of the enemy the whole war would end. I want to demand territories from each enemy not just 1. I tried a few times but the best I could do was vassel Savory but nothing from anyone else. It is suppose to work that way or did I do something wrong? I was alliance leader and England was for them.

One of the countires is the leader. If you make peace with them the whole war ends. You can make peace with the other countries first without the war ending. The war sheild on the bottom right is coloured in the leader's colours.

I've a couple of questions. I'm playing the Golden Horde.

1. What determines whether you get in a war or not with a neighbouring (non-horde, eg. Poland) country? There are plenty of countries for which I haven't a truce with, and border, yet I am not at war with them.
2. Why do countries that declare independence from me get an truce with the human player, but none of the AI countries?