• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You can always add every French province to the Empire whilst you're Emperor, so that your capital is still within the Empire if you change nation. I've modded in Lotharingia, because BUR->FRA seems like an insult to the Bourgognes. :)

I don't want to kill my natives, for bleeding heart reasons. Is there a way to prevent natives from attacking my colonies?

(Note that "park troops in your colony" is not an answer, that just causes the natives to be killed automatically when they attack.)

I don't want to kill my natives, for bleeding heart reasons. Is there a way to prevent natives from attacking my colonies?

(Note that "park troops in your colony" is not an answer, that just causes the natives to be killed automatically when they attack.)

There is no way to prevent uprisings. They are entirely random. A high-aggressiveness province will just rise much more frequently. Your best bet is to go for calm provinces in the Caribbean and the America's. You should also send multiple colonists and/or take the colonial venture idea for faster colonial growth to reduce the time your colonies stay vulnerable. If you feel strongly about the issue you can always reload a previous save if a colony gets hit.

Always with the questions! *wink*

Remember, with the exception of Ceuta, Tangiers and Melilla, all North-african provinces are considered 'distant oversees' to European nations. This means -90% tax income. You'll get tariffs instead, which are based on a combination of taxes and production/trade value. Thus, you want high-pop provinces with valuable trade goods. No fish!

If you're not ready to sink a lot of money into making oversees provinces worthwhile, release them as vassals.

Update: No taxes means no nice yearly big lump of money from these provinces, instead, tarriffs are monthly income and go towards research. However, as your north africa is poor you'll likely slow your research speed down, as the benefit they bring is less than the increase in tech costs from owning more provinces.

Just to clairify, its base tax+production income that comes out as tarriffs. Higher pop aint going to help that tax wise.

Good suggestion, but this would take a boatload of magistrates, hurting his economic development significantly.

At most 3-4 magistrates. That his capital is in the HRE is all that matters. So as long as he adds Paris before he switches he should be set.

I could be mistaken, but higher population raises production, which in turn would raise tariffs, correct?

HiddenWolf got one right! Let's parteh!

Iirc distant overseas production is capped at 1.0 units. So no, I don't think so. This is why its pointless to keep natives around. I generally kill off anything aggressiveness 6 and higher.

Last edited:
On the bright side you'll be right in the future when this question invaribly comes up again. ;)

Oh, I try to be precise and right whenever I answer a question here, but I don't mind making a (small) fool out of myself every once in a while. ;)

I was part-right though. You do need enough pop to get to 1.0 production. That isn't a tall order, but still. *wink*

Wasn't this cap removed or something? delra told me population increases amount of goods produced.

That was when discussing gold-provinces though.

That is true for non-overseas provinces. Overseas provinces have their production capped at 1, and that sucks for conquering the Aztecs, etc.

Yes, clear the map cache (\EU3-path\map\cache). Restart your game, quit (you have just rebuild your mapcache, the checksum is wrong), restart again -> Problem solved!

Thanks! That actually cleared up my 1 day to colonize problem as well as the list of navies. I undershot the colonize times by about a month, I waited 6 months instead of 7 to send another colonist. Close enough ;)

Playing HttT and I was trying to add a province to the HRE. I'm not the ruler of the HRE and I did get my relations up to over 100. After many tries and reloading and even more tries I decided to check the Wiki for info on what changed. In the Wiki is says that if a human player has more provinces than the current AI ruler then it is impossible to get the ruler to accept adding the province. Is this really true?

If it is true which files can I mod to change this? I think its a dumb rule as the AI will accept provinces from other AI countries even if they are bigger. It's sort of like a human player only penality.

BTW I did look into the decisions file and found a section about HRE adding provinces but didn't see anything about AI ruler and human asking. Or maybe I just can't read it right. :)

Playing HttT and I was trying to add a province to the HRE. I'm not the ruler of the HRE and I did get my relations up to over 100. After many tries and reloading and even more tries I decided to check the Wiki for info on what changed. In the Wiki is says that if a human player has more provinces than the current AI ruler then it is impossible to get the ruler to accept adding the province. Is this really true?

If it is true which files can I mod to change this? I think its a dumb rule as the AI will accept provinces from other AI countries even if they are bigger. It's sort of like a human player only penality.

BTW I did look into the decisions file and found a section about HRE adding provinces but didn't see anything about AI ruler and human asking. Or maybe I just can't read it right. :)

Dunno if it's a bug. But it worked for me this way:

I start as France

I get relations higher with Bohemia
then I open Vermandois province screen, press decisions, and press "join holy roman empire". And I hold the button in for a few secs when pressing the decision. When I release I almost always get a joining.

Then once that is done I do the same with the capital.

hi i just wanted to ask a question and get a quick respond...can i PLay mode Magna mundi and mode Whole world together?? i mean can i just copy the whole world mod files over the already installed magna mundi mode or do i do something else?? thnx

hi i just wanted to ask a question and get a quick respond...can i PLay mode Magna mundi and mode Whole world together?? i mean can i just copy the whole world mod files over the already installed magna mundi mode or do i do something else?? thnx

No is the short answer, not unless you have a lot of free time and know what you're doing when it comes to modding.

Welcome :) Register your game, and then if you want to get into modding you can go to their respective forums and post.