• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have a 100% victory over Kazan as Russia. How do I add them to my country? Can't annex..
As Kazan is nomad you can't demand annexation.
If you want the territories you have to send colonist ,when the colony population reach more then 1000 inhabitants the province will defects for your country.
My recommendation take the better ones for you and demand tribute.

Can a Swiss play with an american on multiplayer. If not why? Are there problems because the language? The swiss ( me ) has the german version of eu3 chronicles and my partner from America the english version . Can be this a problem for multiplayer?

Im sure this has been asked before but... Playing as France (first game) and ive waited the decade in order to diplo-annex my vassals. But it's "unlikely" they will agree, and if they do, it'll take another decade to annex the next down the line. Is it gonna take about one and a half centuries (force-vassalized burgundy, brittany) to annex my vassals? Or are there any shortcuts? Thanks in advance.

Im sure this has been asked before but... Playing as France (first game) and ive waited the decade in order to diplo-annex my vassals. But it's "unlikely" they will agree, and if they do, it'll take another decade to annex the next down the line. Is it gonna take about one and a half centuries (force-vassalized burgundy, brittany) to annex my vassals? Or are there any shortcuts? Thanks in advance.

Any time you want you can do the following (at 1 month intervals and assuming you aren't currently allied at war, ruled by a regency, or the junior partner in a personal union): cancel alliance with vassal, cancel vassalization, declare war using reconquest CB to conquer vassal lands for 0 infamy (assuming it is one of the original French vassals and you haven't lost any cores).

I'll usually diploannex the 2 or 3 biggest or with the worst terrain for fighting and just smash the others.

Can a Swiss play with an american on multiplayer. If not why? Are there problems because the language? The swiss ( me ) has the german version of eu3 chronicles and my partner from America the english version . Can be this a problem for multiplayer?
Language shouldn't matter. The critical thing would be that all players must have the same version & checksum value on the main menu screen.

I'm wondering about these strange missions you get as sertain countries. For instance the Austrian mission to vassilize Burgundy.. That's litterally impossible from the get go as even with the CB, you need a 150%+ peace deal... What's the thought behind this? Are you supposed to chip them down, eating 4 infamy hits? You'll lose the CB before you can do that.

I'm wondering about these strange missions you get as sertain countries. For instance the Austrian mission to vassilize Burgundy.. That's litterally impossible from the get go as even with the CB, you need a 150%+ peace deal... What's the thought behind this? Are you supposed to chip them down, eating 4 infamy hits? You'll lose the CB before you can do that.

Hmm really? In my experience the subjugate ones (form personal union), always end in under 100%.

Hmm really? In my experience the subjugate ones (form personal union), always end in under 100%.
That's because Burgundy usually dies early on so by the time you meet the mission's requirements (having more provinces than burgundy) it's usually small enough to vassalize in under 100% WS with a 50% cost CB.

Also, PUs never cost over 100% WS: the cost of forming a PU isn't related to country size.

It's possible; just occupy them until the cost goes down to 100%. Should take maybe 20 years.

Firstly, it has to be that way, positioning (the value which reduces your effective cannons) is calculated during the battle so actually splitting up your fleet would not help (if it would you should just stop stacking units). You also have to understand that you don't only get the penalities after 5k cannons, you get them from the beginning on, 5k cannons only marks the point where you have the most cannons actively firing. IIRC every 100 cannons decrease your positioning by 1%, meaning by the time you reach 5k cannons you have 2500 active cannons, when you have 5100 just 2499 and so on. This value is decreased by your leaders maneouver (sp?) stat though.

So if i understand you correct so when you have 5000 cannons in a fleet could win over a fleet with 50000 because they are unactive?

Austria! Where do they get their magic powers from?
At a certain point of time, austria starts blobbing and when I examine them they are 10-15 ahead of everyone else in land and government tech and they just start eating through central Europe.

we have the same ..... what can be problems too . this is so stupid. btw did we see our versions? (i mean for the language) and can a mac play with a windows?
Not sure about the MacOS version but I think that should work too with the same checksum.
Best place to ask questions regarding MP is in the MP forum though.
I would include more information too: exactly what problem are you seeing? Is there an error message? Are you trying to use the Paradox Metaserver or one of the virtual private network programs or something else?

Austria! Where do they get their magic powers from?
At a certain point of time, austria starts blobbing and when I examine them they are 10-15 ahead of everyone else in land and government tech and they just start eating through central Europe.
Good missions, good decisions, lots of gold, and everybody loves them by default which results in lots of PUs.

So if i understand you correct so when you have 5000 cannons in a fleet could win over a fleet with 50000 because they are unactive?
exactly, even when you have 0 cannons in a fleet you would win against such a gigantic armada, thats why there are tons of screenshots of 1 galley winning against 200 big ships in the strange screenshots thread.

they are called Hapsburg

Actually, they are called von Habsburg. It's a b, not a p.

we have the same ..... what can be problems too . this is so stupid. btw did we see our versions? (i mean for the language) and can a mac play with a windows?
As far as i know, the only relevant thing for multiplayer is the checksum, which is displayed on the lower left corner of the starting screen, and should be BJLT for the newest version of the game. It changes if you resign, however, so you might need to restart the game after you do something like that. Language files do not change the checksum, but any modding at all does.

That's because Burgundy usually dies early on so by the time you meet the mission's requirements (having more provinces than burgundy) it's usually small enough to vassalize in under 100% WS with a 50% cost CB.

Also, PUs never cost over 100% WS: the cost of forming a PU isn't related to country size.

It's possible; just occupy them until the cost goes down to 100%. Should take maybe 20 years.

First of all - I wasn't talking about PUs, but about the vassilation missions you get for some countries.
Won't you white peace automatically if you just occupy them for that long? How do you go around that?

But where is this? I don't know where Paradox installed the game - they seem to do it differently for every game. (And I don't know what to search for - the obvious choices uncover no info.)

If you got it from Steam, you will have it under Program files \ Steam \ SteamApps \ common \ europa universalis iii \ save games \

Otherwise... I don't know. You could try searching for the folder name: europa universalis*