• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It is just done automaticaly, but is nice source of income, if you just march thru whole enemy country with one regiment XD.

It bring you some additional income, but i don't remember if it is monthly or yearly...

And i think it last as long as army is staying in the enemy province.

So it is AUTOMATIC, EVERY TIME and for EVERY regiment in an enemy province while at war, right? For both the player and AI?
Took me a while to notice that grey cloud over my city, that's why I was not that sure how does it work.

- Does discipline apply to navies?
- What is blockade efficiency?
- Do the prestige from battles NIs allow for the prestige to go over 5? Do they make you lose more prestige from lost battles?
- Is the manuever rating of an army the distance (the same term used for colonization range, trade range, etc.) an army goes each day? If not, what does it represent?

- Does discipline apply to navies?
- What is blockade efficiency?
- Do the prestige from battles NIs allow for the prestige to go over 5? Do they make you lose more prestige from lost battles?
- Is the manuever rating of an army the distance (the same term used for colonization range, trade range, etc.) an army goes each day? If not, what does it represent?

1) no, discipline is a land army stat
2) blockade efficiency determines how many ships you require to blockade a port and also how well you do on snagging the blockade runners for ducats
3) I never take them so I have no idea
4) maneuver rating of armies affects their supply size and help determine the terrain a battle is fought on (and who defends if 2 armies arrive in a province the same day), and yes: it also decreases the time it takes to travel from province to province

Now my question: Is it intended that a non-HRE member immediately loses their cores on different culture group HRE provinces upon losing the province?

Situation: I diplo-annex TO intending to release them after removing a couple province cores as I only wanted a couple provinces (previously vassalized due to mission). They immediately lost their cores on Osel and Kurland, having previously lost Estland and Livland to Denmark they also have no cores in those although I can't say for sure when they lost them.

When you open the EU3 game, sometimes it is writing there that "Rousilion will be a French province before the game is over"
There is a special event or they wrote that there just to be more misterious :) ?

Yeah, i know, stupid subject but i can't sleep at night because of this.

How can you keep control of the generals? I mean, are there any specific principles of choosing them, and how can you check which armies don't have a general?

Last edited:
F11 doesn't work taking screenshots on my new (wireless) keyboard and (Win7) computer, does anyone have any other keys/key combos that worked for them?

1) no, discipline is a land army stat
2) blockade efficiency determines how many ships you require to blockade a port and also how well you do on snagging the blockade runners for ducats
3) I never take them so I have no idea
4) maneuver rating of armies affects their supply size and help determine the terrain a battle is fought on (and who defends if 2 armies arrive in a province the same day), and yes: it also decreases the time it takes to travel from province to province

Now my question: Is it intended that a non-HRE member immediately loses their cores on different culture group HRE provinces upon losing the province?

Situation: I diplo-annex TO intending to release them after removing a couple province cores as I only wanted a couple provinces (previously vassalized due to mission). They immediately lost their cores on Osel and Kurland, having previously lost Estland and Livland to Denmark they also have no cores in those although I can't say for sure when they lost them.

Your answer to #2 is incorrect. It still takes only 1 ship to blockade, no matter what your efficiency. (Your way would be better, but it isn't so.) That does determine how much $ you get for it.

About what year can a country reach LandTech 30? (without serious penalties)
And if i form Germany, i can reform Prussia and then switch back to Germany? :)

But: Can you in theory form germany twice/let it form twice? Here would be my plan: Form Germany; Form the HRE; Release one minor who has all the provinces tha it needs to form germany; Let them core; They form germany, the German region gets lots of basetay; You dipolannex Germany (or release it from vassalage and annex it since you should have cores there. Then you release the minor you used to form germany in the first place again (it still has the cores, so it will instantly form germany, which you annex again) Rinse and repeat for infintie basetax?
E: The more i think about it the more insane that exploit becomes. You can achieve the setupt around 1550. I would imagine that by 1600 you can have it set up in such a way that you can recover stability within a month even at full WE. From that point on its just 2 basetax for the german region per month.... Insane oO

Heres the gist of it: The decision to form germany gives all provinces in the german region (which also includes austria) +2 Basetax. Normally an AI would never be able to form Germany. But if you form the HRE first then you should be able to give an AI vassal all the provinces needed to form germany. Once they core they will enact the decision, but keep the cores on the provinces needed to form germany. Now you annex the newly created german state (doesnt matter how): After that you can release the country which just formed the germany you annexed. It will form germany again. And give you basetax.... Rinse and repeat ad infinitum.
The Deal with 1 month stabcost is the following: You cant declare war while at -3 stab and you probably cant annex "Germany" in one war. That means that you will need to break truces. In order to most effectively do that you need to be able to recover stab as fast as possible.

Some fun "singularities" you should be able to achieve with this exploit, if it works at all: The point where your Income grows faster than you can increase your inflation; The point where every province produces units within 1 Day even at max WE; Enough Census Tax to have enough money to recover your stab with only a fraction of it. At the end you will only be limited by diplomats I'd guess.

E: Okay, its one basetax, I have no clue where i got the 2 Basetax from, but the idea should still work in theory even though only at half speed.

Alternatively, you could go Germany -> HRE -> Change government to a Catholic Theocracy -> Papal States -> Prussia -> Germany

seems like it would be easier if it worked (and I don't see how it wouldn't)

Alternatively, you could go Germany -> HRE -> Change government to a Catholic Theocracy -> Papal States -> Prussia -> Germany

seems like it would be easier if it worked (and I don't see how it wouldn't)
That actually also works, the only difference is that becoming PAP has a MTTH of 6 months so depending on your stab-speed you might be a little slower. Its still an exploit though.

A quick question:

As I am playing on a mac, achievements is a bit strange. I cant see them in-game, but have to log in to paradox connect to see if I achieve any, and here I can only see the those completed. Is there anywhere I can find a complete list of all achievements?

How do you get the Liberation CB?

I just received a misson as Minamoto to vassalize Japan. Year 1416.
Seems legit?
What's the exact text of the mission title/description and what is the reward listed?
Daimyo's should not be getting the generic vassalize mission at least.