• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You can go past the cap from your government with the policy sliders 'at great cost'

What is the great cost?

An additional 1% RR in every province you own.

If most of your provinces are cores, don't have nationalism, and generally have a negative minimum RR, you can go several places past the red bar and be fine.

With westernization, how is the 20 tech levels below a western nation defined?
do you need to be 20 behind in every tech just one, or a combination, ex: say you as byzantines were 4 levels behind in all techs (combined 20) to your neighbor austria.

About zealots converting: If a province get force converted it gets a modifier "forced_conversion". A province neihbouring another province with that modifier can't be force converted. It's in the files for latest HttT beta and DW.

As HRE, can I get factions to join the Empire? if so, how?

Depends which version you're playing:
In HTTT 4.0 you need to have high relations with a nation who borders imperial territory.
In HTTT 4.1b + DW a human emperor cannot make nations join.

Thanks.

Another stupid one: How can I call my allies to war?

I'm gonna assume you're playing HTTT base on your icons.

Simple answer: You can't. They only honor (or dishonor) your alliance when you declare war or have been declared war upon.

I've got another one.

I'm playing as Holland and I have some 70.0 income to distribute amongst my tech research. The Ledger says, however that some tiny factions, with little income, have some techs 1-2 levels higher than me and the other techs close or equal.

How do they pull that off? Or does tech rubberband?

Another stupid one: How can I call my allies to war?

Go to the diplomatic window of the ally you want to call, and hit "Call to Arms".

Simple answer: You can't. They only honor (or dishonor) your alliance when you declare war or have been declared war upon.

Stop answering questions and go play DW. ;)

I've got another one.

I'm playing as Holland and I have some 70.0 income to distribute amongst my tech research. The Ledger says, however that some tiny factions, with little income, have some techs 1-2 levels higher than me and the other techs close or equal.

How do they pull that off? Or does tech rubberband?

The larger you are, the more you have to pay to advance in tech. OPMs have to pay very, very little to advance in a tech, so they are almost some of the most advanced nations.

The larger you are, the more you have to pay to advance in tech. OPMs have to pay very, very little to advance in a tech, so they are almost some of the most advanced nations.

This is only for countries smaller then 8 provinces, right?

No.

The increase in tech cost is subtantial for your first 8 provinces. After that, the increase for each new provinces is less, but it continues to grow for each new province you get, even if you do a WC.

Thanks.

Say I, as a western nation, decide to train some Eastern Swarm Cavalry from a Sunni core. Can I somehow upgrade that cavalry once I get Latin Karaoke Cavalry?

Say I, as a western nation, decide to train some Eastern Swarm Cavalry from a Sunni core. Can I somehow upgrade that cavalry once I get Latin Karaoke Cavalry?

No.

The only way you can upgrade units that aren't of your preferred style is to change to that style, then change to the style that you actually want. So if you're a western nation, you can only upgrade other western units that you can switch to before switching to your actual preferred unit.