• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
About the Asia connection: Yeah, I still want my European holdings to be non-overseas. I've got holdings in Anatolia which isn't overseas for me. It is connected to the middle east (which is party mine as well) - but my provinces there are counted as overseas. :/ Someone said about land connections.. I guess you meant that I need to have a land connection between the capital and the Overseas provinces?

For it to not count as overseas, it has to either have a land connection to your capital or be in the same continent as your capital. (I'm pretty sure, at least...)

HRE unification cores: You get a core on any province cored by a nation that you have a cored province bordering.
i.e.: if you have a core in Treviso and Austria owns and has a core in Trent you will get a core on every province Austria owns and has a core on.
Ok, that's a bit weird and tricky.
I guess using the Imperial Liberation on a couple of Polish provinces was a bright idea since it allowed me to border Bohemia and get cores on a sizable chunk of Centre-Eastern Europe. A pity I couldn't border Austria...

For it to not count as overseas, it has to either have a land connection to your capital or be in the same continent as your capital. (I'm pretty sure, at least...)
There's actually a quite small radius around your capital that allows overseas provinces not to be counted as overseas. It allows Castille (capital in Toledo) to get full benefits from a handful of provinces in Northern Morocco. On the other hand, once you form Spain, capital moves North to Madrid, and all except probably Ceuta and one other province are now overseas...
If, for instance, you have your capital in Thrace, obviously, you'll have most of Asia Minor counting as not-overseas.

Ok, that's a bit weird and tricky.
There's actually a quite small radius around your capital that allows overseas provinces not to be counted as overseas.
Would anyone happen to know what this radius is? I know in my Holland -> NL game I was getting full income from my Irish province. In my current (completely historical) Korean game, I'd like to be able to move my capital to a relatively rich province in Mesoamerica (Sayultecas is looking to be the prime candidate atm) to get full income from the Carribean islands.

This

There's actually a quite small radius around your capital that allows overseas provinces not to be counted as overseas.

plus this.

Note that a land connection to a province that is not "overseas" due to either being on the same continent as the capital or being within range of the capital will not make that province "not overseas", there must be an actual connection to the capital. This makes island capitals such as London or Japan less appealing for mass expansion as they can only get non-overseas for a single continent.

Would anyone happen to know what this radius is? I know in my Holland -> NL game I was getting full income from my Irish province. In my current (completely historical) Korean game, I'd like to be able to move my capital to a relatively rich province in Mesoamerica (Sayultecas is looking to be the prime candidate atm) to get full income from the Carribean islands.

Ireland is in Europe-same continent as your capital in Holland=not overseas. Any province in North America will get full income from the Carribean Islands.

You can see how small the radius is by playing as an Iberian nation (Castille and Portugal have missions for it) and seeing provinces just across the Mediterranean Sea in West North Africa count as overseas.

Do diplo-annexations reduce trust in your other vassals?

In my current game I've been diploannexing much more than I usually do (usually I just plan out who I want as vassals and whose lands I want) and I've noticed that it's much harder to get vassals to agree to a royal marriage, and except for a couple of them their trust levels are either 'They trust us to uphold our bargains' or 'They are willing to trust us somewhat". I haven't claimed thrones or anything like that, though I have dishonoured a few guarantees. I've also noticed that I can't get released OPMs to agree to diplo-vassalisation.

(Playing D&T, but I don't think D&T changed how trust works?)

Quick question. I'm playing a game in which I (as Brittany) have grabbed up a large, connected colonial empire (the American coast from Manhattan to Karankawa and a few inland provinces). Considering moving my capital into it. Are there any factors which might make a particular province a better choice (for example, coastal vs. non-coastal, CoT or not, etcetera)?

Hmm, did you use the right rebel type when collapsing (religious iirc)? If yes, then I am not really sure, didn't try it out either. But I have something in my mind which could work and would be pretty cool. But not as cool as a Ryukyu Horde^^

I think the rebels were particularist, but I suspected it might have something to do with the type. I'll try the religious ones next time, thanks :)

Do diplo-annexations reduce trust in your other vassals?

In my current game I've been diploannexing much more than I usually do (usually I just plan out who I want as vassals and whose lands I want) and I've noticed that it's much harder to get vassals to agree to a royal marriage, and except for a couple of them their trust levels are either 'They trust us to uphold our bargains' or 'They are willing to trust us somewhat". I haven't claimed thrones or anything like that, though I have dishonoured a few guarantees. I've also noticed that I can't get released OPMs to agree to diplo-vassalisation.

(Playing D&T, but I don't think D&T changed how trust works?)

Sounds like your Sphere of Influence is smaller than usual. Every sphere member increases your diplomatic skill.

When you have an army in the colony province it has an option to "sieze colony". This is how the other nations take your colony and what you need to take them back without infamy.
You do get infamy for seizing colonies. It's only small - half a point, maybe - but you do get it, and it can add up. And yes, you get it even for seizing back your own colony.

You can get it. I did it by watching the log box and right-clicking when it happens to change it to a pop-up. It happens a few times a year so hopefully you won't have to wait too long.

Seems like I removed it from the log as well.....and can't find in message settings, so dunno how to get it back. (Pop-ups when other nations lose and get heirs)

Also.

Anyone know if there are any other general decisions/buildings to get national trade income modifier other than the following. (Or at least goods value) (as Hansa). I remember someone telling me about something I didn't know.

*Trade buildings

Hansa mission +15%
Triggers +55%
Krantor crane +10%
Decisions +22% (House of Trade etc)

Anyone know something else?

What are the beneficial events from having an innovative slider? Was there an event to get a manufactory and what triggers for it? thanks

Not sure about events, but it reduces the tech costs and the number of missionaries you get. Narrowminded increases tech costs and missionaries.

I've been playing a game as the Hansa in HTTT, with the ultimate objective of forming Prussia, making sure to satisfy the requirements spelled out here. I collected all the appropriate cores, culture-switched to Prussian ~1510, and waited for the Reformation to pop; that finally rolled around in 1516. The problem is, despite my having satisfied all the criteria, the decision isn't appearing in my decisions list! Is there anything else that must be done to make it show up? I own/have cored Danzig, Warmia, and Ostpreussen, both the Protestant and Reformed religions have appeared (though I am still Catholic), Prussia doesn't exist elsewhere, and I've been at peace for the last ten or fifteen years.

When an HRE member diplo-annexes another HRE member, they do not gain cores on that land, correct? Only if they inherit it by marriage/PU?