• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So what determines the likelihood of a personal union being formed in DW? Does high prestige and/or good relationship with the target country make it more likely for it to become a junior partner under me? What about infamy? Cuz I've had games where I'm married to half the Muslim world for several centuries straight, but nothing ever happened. However, I had high infamy and pretty lousy relationships with all my "in-laws".

So what determines the likelihood of a personal union being formed in DW? Does high prestige and/or good relationship with the target country make it more likely for it to become a junior partner under me? What about infamy? Cuz I've had games where I'm married to half the Muslim world for several centuries straight, but nothing ever happened. However, I had high infamy and pretty lousy relationships with all my "in-laws".

Well, these usually counts for everything *everything in the game* =P

Low infamy, high prestige, good relations, good legitimacy bla and blah.

Well, these usually counts for everything *everything in the game* =P

Low infamy, high prestige, good relations, good legitimacy bla and blah.

On top of that, chances of getting unions *only* through marriage is very slim. As in "perhaps once every 3 games, while married to everyone you can think of slim". A tactic should never be based upon this. To make a strategy out of this, this means that "forge obscure documents" and "claim throne" are your best, and pretty much only bets. To claim throne, just find a country without an heir, or one with low legitimacy, offer a royal marriage. Then the next month you claim their throne. The following month you declare war, and win the war as quickly as possible, since if they get an heir, you can't use the PU peace option, while making peace. But when it works, it is a very powerful tool.

I am playing as Yemen and I am in a war with Castille.
Those Spanish bastards have taken land from the mamluks, but after a few revolts they lost connection with the mediterranean sea.
I conquered all of Egyptian Castille, also some provinces in Israel whose are also under control of Castille and her ally Brittany.
At the moment the war-score is at 33%, so I want to take some land.
Problem is, they don't accept my peace offers!!!

I am now going into the 35th year of the war and am starting to get really annoyed here. Can somebody please help me?

I am playing as Yemen and I am in a war with Castille.
Those Spanish bastards have taken land from the mamluks, but after a few revolts they lost connection with the mediterranean sea.
I conquered all of Egyptian Castille, also some provinces in Israel whose are also under control of Castille and her ally Brittany.
At the moment the war-score is at 33%, so I want to take some land.
Problem is, they don't accept my peace offers!!!

I am now going into the 35th year of the war and am starting to get really annoyed here. Can somebody please help me?

Pay close attention to the 'offer value' (or summat) in the peace conditions screen. They must not exceed the war score by 10% (on hard difficulty, with me). Anything below warscore+11% is very likely to get accepted, unless you are above 100%.

The hereditary Holy Roman Emperor is tiny (and once I finish fighting a War of Liberation against them, they will be even tinier; 4 provinces.)

What happens to the Empire if I vassalize them?

What happens to the Empire if I annex them?

Pay close attention to the 'offer value' (or summat) in the peace conditions screen. They must not exceed the war score by 10% (on hard difficulty, with me). Anything below warscore+11% is very likely to get accepted, unless you are above 100%.

Yes this is the problem what i have. As the war-score is 33%, I am looking for something at that region, but they only accept white peace.
Even when i try an 2% peace offer, they still reject

Yes this is the problem what i have. As the war-score is 33%, I am looking for something at that region, but they only accept white peace.

Ah. Then you havent worn them out enough. (Have them) raise their war exhaustion or lower their war capacity.

Why does it take two months for minting to kick in?

It's immediate. Your income if you hover over your ducats total might not update immediatly. Closing the income sliders then reopening it generally forces an update.

You may be able to "stab hit" them. Try offering the lowest possible warscore deal you can. If the tab says "They will not accept this offer", look more closely at the peace-offering. It may say "this peace deal is better than they expect - refusing would cause discontent in their country" (or something similar). If it does, you're in business. Send the generous peace deal. When they refuse, they'll take a -1 stab hit. If they keep refusing, you can just keep doing this!

It's immediate. Your income if you hover over your ducats total might not update immediatly. Closing the income sliders then reopening it generally forces an update.

I'm not an idiot.

I'm looking at the sliders but also at the treasury balance. It takes two months for the extra cash to flow to my treasury. Why?

I'm not an idiot.

I'm looking at the sliders but also at the treasury balance. It takes two months for the extra cash to flow to my treasury. Why?
It doesn't.

The changes you make don't actually save until you either close or go to a new screen.

Military/naval maintenance budget changes take one month to show on the budget screen, it refreshes on the 1st each month (when maintenance is spent)

Silly question: Is Ethiopia considered a sub-saharan country?

And which do you think it's the easiest sub-saharan country to play with in order to get the achievement of conquering the whole Africa as a sub-saharan power?

The hereditary Holy Roman Emperor is tiny (and once I finish fighting a War of Liberation against them, they will be even tinier; 4 provinces.)

What happens to the Empire if I vassalize them?

What happens to the Empire if I annex them?

If you annex every country in the HRE, logically, there is no more HRE. If you vassalize them all, there's still an HRE, but they might vote for you as Emperor.

Why do the Manufacturies appear to increase in cost for each one built?

Probably inflation.

And which do you think it's the easiest sub-saharan country to play with in order to get the achievement of conquering the whole Africa as a sub-saharan power?

They're in the sub-Saharan tech group, so yes, I'd imagine they qualify :)

Why do the Manufacturies appear to increase in cost for each one built?

Because there is a limit, based on manpower, on how many manufactories you can have for a given price. After you surpass that limit, the price increases. Probably models the difficulties to find infinite amounts of workers for those manufactories.

You may be able to "stab hit" them. Try offering the lowest possible warscore deal you can. If the tab says "They will not accept this offer", look more closely at the peace-offering. It may say "this peace deal is better than they expect - refusing would cause discontent in their country" (or something similar). If it does, you're in business. Send the generous peace deal. When they refuse, they'll take a -1 stab hit. If they keep refusing, you can just keep doing this!

No, he won't. This is a common occurance. Nations don't really care a lot for their colonies, and that means they don't accept defeat easily if their mainland is not threatened. You probably can't field large enough troops to do so, so you need to wait and kill whatever troops they choose to land, until your warscore is above 40%. Once that is reached, you can start the stab-hitting process described above, and after some time they might accept a sensible peace. You could also try to just get their seperated lands by using rebels, if they are of your culture group.

Everything where it says "sub-saharan" as the technology group in the tech screen is fine. I think Songhai might be the best for that achievement, simply because you are a monarchy, and thus don't have to deal with all the tribal stuff for ages.

I'd say Adal is the best country to play, they are a despotic monarchy, have a position that is unlikely to be invaded by castille very soon, have access to lots and lots of gold and best of all: You have muslim-tech neighbours, who often get into trouble, thus allowing you to take one of their provinces, which gives you the ability to recruit muslim tech units. With this little trick I managed to beat back naples and Venice while still waiting for a ruler to westernize.

How does AI work with HRE? I mean can AI controlled country like Venice or Poland join HRE if they can't, can I program some countries join HRE and how would I do that?