• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yxklyx: Yes.
You mean: An enemy army is besieging one of your or your allies/vassals provinces, and you put a boatload of troops into the port? Then yes, they get a terrain bonus just as if you were attacker. It's possible, but I'm not positive, that you also have a penalty of sort of 'river crossing' from attacking from the sea, but I don't see anything on the wiki to support this, it might be something I've imagined.

If you land your army by disembarking quickly at one of your ports does the defender get a defensive bonus in the ensuing battle?

I'm not 100% sure, but IIRC you can suffer from terrain bonus for the defender as well as that they get the bonus against a amphibious landing. If the army that enters through the harbour is big enough, even a small force that's already fighting your target may get a malus as well (Your combined armies that is)

Is there a difference between an Archbishopric and a Monastic State? (F.e. Cologne and Teutonic Order). It seems both are a Theocracy, but how come they have different names?

There is no difference. Different names are just a flavour thing.

This chart on the wiki says I can get to Noble Republic from Empire for 4 Stability. But the game says no. How would I get from Empire to Noble Republic?

You need Gov tech 10

I'm not 100% sure, but IIRC you can suffer from terrain bonus for the defender as well as that they get the bonus against a amphibious landing. If the army that enters through the harbour is big enough, even a small force that's already fighting your target may get a malus as well (Your combined armies that is)

You are right. However if you control the port and you disembarked by putting your ships into harbour then you don't get the amphibious landing penalty.

question

how to you change the text from the country ideas?

In your EUIII/localisation folder open text.csv (notepad or notepad ++ is the best option)

somwhere in there are the national ideas text. e.g. :

Code:
patron_of_art;Patron of the Arts;Mécène;Mäzen der Künste;Patron sztuki;Mecenas de las artes;Mecenati;A mûvészetek patrónusa;Patron umìní;;;;;;x;

patron_of_art_desc;Our quest towards a culturally cultivated society begins here. Our artistic wonders will go down in history as the most marvellous of this era.;Notre quête d'une société cultivée commence ici. Les joyaux de notre art traverseront l'histoire comme étant les plus magnifiques créations de cette époque.;Unser Streben nach einer kulturell kultivierten Gesellschaft beginnt hier und jetzt. Unsere künsterlischen Wunderwerke werden als die wunderbarsten unserer Ära in die Geschichte eingehen.;Rozpoczniemy tworzenie spo³eczeñstwa, w którym sztuka odgrywa du¿¹ rolê. Niesamowite dokonanie naszej sztuki przejd¹ do historii, jako najwspanialsze w tej epoce.;Aquí empezamos el camino hacia una sociedad cultivada culturalmente. Nuestras obras de arte pasarán a la historia como las más maravillosas de esta era.;La nostra aspirazione a una società colta comincia qui. Le nostre opere d'arte rimarranno nei secoli come le più meravigliose del nostro tempo.;Itt kezdõdik a kultúra ápolására tett kísérletünk. Mûvészeti értékeink fennmaradnak majd, és úgy emlékeznek majd rájuk, mint egy dicsõ kor legdicsõbb mûalkotásaira.;Zde zaèíná naše cesta ke kultivované a kulturnì vyspìlé spoleènosti. Naše umìlecké zázraky nebudou historií zapomenuty.;;;;;;x;

Last edited:
Is there a way to determine how long an army's or navy's trip will take? Say moving ships from Lisbon to Ceylon? The mouseover only tells me how long it will take to move to the next area.

How does a landlocked province with no connection provinces/ports to your Capital function? Can a connection be made using Military Access through another country?

Last edited:
Playing France, what is the best way to annex your vassals? For example I get the mission to annex Orleans. Is the ony way I can do that by diplo-annexing? Playing HttT.

Playing France, what is the best way to annex your vassals? For example I get the mission to annex Orleans. Is the ony way I can do that by diplo-annexing? Playing HttT.

To get the mission you must diplo-annex.

The best way is to cancel vassalisation and declare war.

edit: semi-emued

Yes but declaring war while they are still my vassal means -3 stability. And I tried to cancell the vassalisation, but that ended the mission.
Anyway what is the best target for France in the beginning? Playing Grand Campaign. I'm new to the game.

Yes but declaring war while they are still my vassal means -3 stability. And I tried to cancell the vassalisation, but that ended the mission.
Anyway what is the best target for France in the beginning? Playing Grand Campaign. I'm new to the game.

They must've fixed that exploit in HTTT, then.

A good target for France is the German minors. Just make sure you can take on the Emperor, first.