• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Does a related King's succession have any effect. In my current game as Austria a Von Habsburg has succeded to the Polish throne and I wondered what that actually changed/ did.

I started a Castilie game again and I was wondering if theres a better way of getting Aragon than allying/defending Navarra.

Take it with brute force and then rid yourself of the infamy through holy wars and releasing muslim nations as vassals!

As Sicily, it's 1415 and Aragon has a PU with me. Why did this happen? How do I prevent this from happening in general? How do I get out of it?

A PU happens if you have no heir, or a weak heir, and another nation has a claim on your throne through a royal marriage. They can either happen 'spontaneously' or as a result of them explicitly claiming your throne. If your king dies under these conditions, a PU might start.

You prevent a PU by:
Keeping your king alive if your heir is weak.
Not having any Royal Marriages with nations which are stronger and/or have higher prestige than you do.

There are a few ways to get out of it.
- Wait for pretender rebels, and let them win.
- Insult the leader (Aragon) until relations are negative, and wait for their king to die.
- Declare war on them and win.

In your case, either wait it out or make a slider move towards 'centralization', which has a 1-in-3 chance to spawn a Pretender rebel army.

From that point, you can either wait until their current monarch dies and hope they don't get an heir (risky) or use the Claim on Throne CB to start a war for their throne. Win the war and you put your monarch on their throne. Of course, you'll then need to bribe them to inherit, as you need +100 relations to inherit.

I have occupied all lands of my enemy and it shows as stripes. Warscore is 100%. How do I make those lands mine? Enemy refuses to accept when I ask for all lands in treaty and they refuse vassalisation.

I have occupied all lands of my enemy and it shows as stripes. Warscore is 100%. How do I make those lands mine? Enemy refuses to accept when I ask for all lands in treaty and they refuse vassalisation.

Every province has a certain value. If a country has 9 provinces and 4 of them are worth 96% of warscore you can only grab those 4.

I can't annex because they have 7 provinces which I have occupied and they have no army or navy units. Is there still a way? :confused:

No, you have to grab a few provinces, and then war them again later and grab the rest.

I can't annex because they have 7 provinces which I have occupied and they have no army or navy units. Is there still a way? :confused:

Well, provinces cost warscore. You can't exceed 100 warscore in a deal. So, you can only ask for some provinces from your enemy. Look at the little "They will accept this offer" and "They will not accept this offer" at the bottom and ask for the most you can.