• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Whenever I attack and start a siege, I always use an entire army stack (Normally 12 or 14 units) and assault all the time, as soon as I can. Is that good or bad? Or should I detach a smaller siege and actually have patience and wait it out?

is 999999 the max population a province can have because venice has had that for decades and it's only 1600 it seems lame if it can't ever grow anymore

Whenever I attack and start a siege, I always use an entire army stack (Normally 12 or 14 units) and assault all the time, as soon as I can. Is that good or bad? Or should I detach a smaller siege and actually have patience and wait it out?
I do like that too. It's good if you end the siege successfully in a month's time, I think, and recover there before moving on to the next.

And yes, 999 999 is the max a province can go.

Is it a good idea to leave the HRE?

I'm playing as Austria and have lots of little vassals dotted about the German lands. But I don't want to incur the infamy hit for unlawful HRE territory when I start to annex them all, which I learnt to my cost after performing a diplo-annex of Aquilea. At the moment it says I will lose those Aquilea lands if I leave the HRE now. But they only have a few more years to go before I get cores on them, so would I be okay to leave the HRE then, before going on to annex my other vassals in Germany?

Or is it just a bad idea to leave the HRE?

If you're strong enough to look after yourself, and especially if you're a Monarchy and have a German primary culture (so can still play the marriage game), leaving the HRE can certainly make sense.

I have 3 questions.

1. What are the % odds of getting a monarch with 7 or higher administrative skill?

2. How does the Imperial Liberation Casus Belle work in DW 5.1? I took two provinces from Poland and got insta cores on them. Does that always happen or only when taking HRE land from countries that arent in the empire?

3. How does sound toll work? Do i get more trade income or are my trade goods worth more? Both?

Can someone explain how personal unions work? Do you have to marry, then claim their throne when they have weak legitimacy, then declare war with the claim throne CB, then force a personal union? Or can it just happen naturally when you have a royal marriage alone?

2. How does the Imperial Liberation Casus Belle work in DW 5.1? I took two provinces from Poland and got insta cores on them. Does that always happen or only when taking HRE land from countries that arent in the empire?
Only when taking HRE land from countries that aren't in the Empire.

3. How does sound toll work? Do i get more trade income or are my trade goods worth more? Both?
It raises the Trade Value of every province you own, increasing both your Production income and the value your provinces contribute to the CoTs their goods are shipped to.

Can someone explain how personal unions work? Do you have to marry, then claim their throne when they have weak legitimacy, then declare war with the claim throne CB, then force a personal union? Or can it just happen naturally when you have a royal marriage alone?

Both ways work. If you have a royal marriage and they dont have an heir you might naturally form a PU with them when their king dies. You could also force a PU though royal marriage, claim throne then war when they have no heir or a weak heir. If they get an heir mid war you can still force a PU.

Only when taking HRE land from countries that aren't in the Empire.

It raises the Trade Value of every province you own, increasing both your Production income and the value your provinces contribute to the CoTs their goods are shipped to.

Nice! Ive got two more questions if you dont mind.

1. Is moving your capital to a naval supplies producing province profitable? Im going to have to move my capital anyway to switch to Swedish culture so it wont be too much trouble for me to do so. Ive heard that you can get a huge bonus in the value of naval supplies if you do that and build 20 big ships/ admiralty.

2. Were in Scandinavia is the best place to build a COT?

1. Is moving your capital to a naval supplies producing province profitable? Im going to have to move my capital anyway to switch to Swedish culture so it wont be too much trouble for me to do so. Ive heard that you can get a huge bonus in the value of naval supplies if you do that and build 20 big ships/ admiralty.
Only when you're at war.

2. Were in Scandinavia is the best place to build a COT?
The Germans were kind enough to build one for you in Lübeck. Don't be scared of the Emperor.

Only when you're at war.

Not as good as i originally thought . Does it only boost the value of naval supplies in the capital or is it nation wide?

The Germans were kind enough to build one for you in Lübeck. Don't be scared of the Emperor.

I am the Emperor! Danish Holy Roman Emperor with all of Scandinavia under my flag! I fear no man!

Seriously though i dont have a core on Lubeck and taking it would hurt my standing with the electors and give me constant BB for 50 years. It would also hurt my ability to trade by a lot. I dont think its worth taking at this time.

Seriously though i dont have a core on Lubeck and taking it would hurt my standing with the electors and give me constant BB for 50 years.

Why exactly did you join the Empire? Even if you're the Emperor, you don't get the BB if you're not a member.

is there any way i can make a use of ships once they fall behind tech level? ive still got carracks in 1650s and i feel like theyre just going to be worthless soon