+ Reply to Thread
Page 427 of 601 FirstFirst ... 327 352 377 402 417 425 426 427 428 429 437 452 477 502 527 ... LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,540 of 12012

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

Do you know where the Ryukyu world domination and can Polan into space stuff came from?
    GENERATION 37: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
    Participate in the ranking of every EU3 nation from easiest to hardest!
    Post your Tahiti games!
    Post your Always vWar Mod progress!
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...r-Mod-Progress!
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...s-War-progress!

Poland into space is from the webcomic polandball

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1255453724278.png‎
Views:	69
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	57208  

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Poor Poland :'(

Unrelated, but I've noticed in the region map mode when looking for East Asian Trade Ports that there is another region called 'East Asian Cot', including 2 provinces in China, and Hizen in Japan. Do these count as criteria for enacting the East India Trade Company decision?
    Gaijin

Quote Originally Posted by PdoxNewbie View Post
    Do buildings like Tax Assessors increase your base tax or do they just add a modifier?
    Is base tax dependent on population?
    What does the hint "Spain is not the Emperor" come from? Is it their historical meddling in the HRE?
    No, no, and probably.

Tax Assessors and other buildings do exactly what their description says and generally nothing more (some do trigger events/decsions). Base tax is a predetermined number at game start and can only be changed afterwards by a few events/decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by _anomaly View Post
    Poor Poland :'(

Unrelated, but I've noticed in the region map mode when looking for East Asian Trade Ports that there is another region called 'East Asian Cot', including 2 provinces in China, and Hizen in Japan. Do these count as criteria for enacting the East India Trade Company decision?
    Any that are on the coast should have both modifiers listed, I believe. The east Asian CoT list is for a triggered modifier (and may also influence random/ai created CoT placement). To count for the EITC the province has to have the east asian trade port listed (they are a medium-dark blue in region mode).

Playing as Norway and I notice that I have one province that can train longbowmen while all others can only train men at arms. I also noticed that this province is a core of Sweden. Is that the reason for the ability?

Playing Death and Taxes mod, btw.
    Last edited by s.rwitt; 27-06-2012 at 21:25.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSword of the StarsKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by s.rwitt View Post
    Playing as Norway and I notice that I have one province that can train longbowmen while all others can only train men at arms. I also noticed that this province is a core of Sweden. Is that the reason for the ability?

Playing Death and Taxes mod, btw.
    yes. the type of troops you can recruit in a province depends on who has cores on it - this way you can train troops that are not in your tech.group too.

Quote Originally Posted by vasziljevics View Post
    yes. the type of troops you can recruit in a province depends on who has cores on it - this way you can train troops that are not in your tech.group too.
    Note though, that this only lasts until you get a core in the province and that any such troops raised will not be upgraded when you change your preferred unit types.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Do buildings like Tax Assessors increase your base tax or do they just add a modifier?
    Is base tax dependent on population?
    Quote Originally Posted by brifbates View Post
    Tax Assessors and other buildings do exactly what their description says and generally nothing more (some do trigger events/decsions). Base tax is a predetermined number at game start and can only be changed afterwards by a few events/decisions.
    To expand a bit on this, for some things a fixed modifier like "+1 tax" is as good as +1 to base tax and for other purposes only the actual base tax is considered.
    And buildings can be lost in some cases (nomads or provinces changing owner without a core) while base tax again can only change as a result of certain random events.

Base tax is not dependent on population. However, the Units value is dependent on both population and base tax and that value is how population affects other things.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Note though, that this only lasts until you get a core in the province and that any such troops raised will not be upgraded when you change your preferred unit types.
    But I've got a core on it as well and can still train longbowmen.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

How does maintenance effect attrition?
    GENERATION 37: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
    Participate in the ranking of every EU3 nation from easiest to hardest!
    Post your Tahiti games!
    Post your Always vWar Mod progress!
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...r-Mod-Progress!
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...s-War-progress!

Corporal
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by brifbates View Post
    Just a nitpick here-it lasts until the other country loses their core on the province, which is not necessarily the same thing (or the same timeframe) as you gaining a core; you could release as a vassal and get a mission to diploannex or a border dispute, or for that matter continue going to war with said nation (which prevents them from losing the core but doesn't reset your coring timer unless you lose the province in a peace deal), not to mention the possibility of annexing a nation, which in my experience will cause said core to last more or less forever-although of course the units recruited there will become useless far before then.

Also, provided you're recruiting units in the same tech group, you can later switch your preferred units to the type you've recruited, before switching to the type you actually want to upgrade to, and they'll all upgrade.

As far as I understand, cultural tradition determines the caliber of advisors I attract. Is this accurate and is it worth commissioning tapestries, etc, to improve it?

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

How does maintenance effect attrition?
    It doesn't affect it at all. What maintenance affects is how fast your armies reinforce; if you have full maintenance you might reinforce faster than the attrition you suffer but you are still consuming your manpower.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)

Quote Originally Posted by s.rwitt View Post
    As far as I understand, cultural tradition determines the caliber of advisors I attract. Is this accurate and is it worth commissioning tapestries, etc, to improve it?
    Yes. Note though that some advisor types consume naval or army tradition as well so the quality of leader attracted also depends on those numbers.

Generally speaking, the advisor types that use 20% culture will always be 5 star or better whenever your cultural tradition is > 91%, 71% for 4 star or better, and so on. There is a chance to hit above the line and get better than the minimum but it isn't great. The guidelines for the mixed type are a bit more complicated.

Recruit
    Darkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Is it possible to delay the end of the game of several decades, if not centuries?
    I'm playing as Rev. France and I would love to have enough time to annex all of Europe

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHeir to the Throne
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Abysme View Post
    Is it possible to delay the end of the game of several decades, if not centuries?
    I'm playing as Rev. France and I would love to have enough time to annex all of Europe
    Go into eu3\common\defines.txt
    Change the line "end_date = 1821.1.1" to whatever date you want the game to actually end.
    Achievements will be disabled if you edit your game files. You have been warned.

Also, the game will crash if you go beyond the last tech level, so if you want to keep playing for more than a century forward, you will need to modify the following:
    Go into eu3\common\technology\government.txt
    Change the line "average_year = 1880" on the last tech to "average_year = 9999"
    Do the same for land.txt, naval.txt, production.txt, and trade.txt

Recruit
    Darkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Sincleric View Post
    Go into eu3\common\defines.txt
    Change the line "end_date = 1821.1.1" to whatever date you want the game to actually end.
    Achievements will be disabled if you edit your game files. You have been warned.

Also, the game will crash if you go beyond the last tech level, so if you want to keep playing for more than a century forward, you will need to modify the following:
    Go into eu3\common\technology\government.txt
    Change the line "average_year = 1880" on the last tech to "average_year = 9999"
    Do the same for land.txt, naval.txt, production.txt, and trade.txt
    Thanks

As for the achievements I don't really care

Quote Originally Posted by Sincleric View Post
    Also, the game will crash if you go beyond the last tech level, so if you want to keep playing for more than a century forward,
    This is no longer true starting with the 5.1 patch. You probably still want to add tech levels though so that you won't be forced to mint if you have no more tech available to research.

Playing EU4

I'm Muscovy right now, late 1410s. Orthodox rebels aligned to me were besieging Lithuanian-held Polotsk. I successfully Support Revolt in Polotsk, doubling the rebels' size from 7k to 14k, all aligned with me, all Orthodox rebels.

They started fighting each other and reduced themselves to 8k before a 12k Lithuanian doomstack showed up and crushed them. Why is this?

+ Reply to Thread