+ Reply to Thread
Page 424 of 602 FirstFirst ... 324 349 374 399 414 422 423 424 425 426 434 449 474 499 524 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,480 of 12029

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

I just received a misson as Minamoto to vassalize Japan. Year 1416.
    Seems legit?

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by bagalas View Post
    Seems legit?
    What's the exact text of the mission title/description and what is the reward listed?
    Daimyo's should not be getting the generic vassalize mission at least.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by generalolaf View Post
    F11 doesn't work taking screenshots on my new (wireless) keyboard and (Win7) computer, does anyone have any other keys/key combos that worked for them?
    Anyone got any ideas?
    Reasons Why You Should Play Any Character in CK2
    Current playthrough(s): n/a, undecided
    generalolaf: 5/3/1, age: 17. No Legal Heir. Religion in province: Protestant. 100 Legitimacy, 30 Prestige, 0 Power Projection.
    Government: Constitutional Monarchy. Diplomatic Ideas (3), Religious Ideas (2), Administrative Ideas (0). 1 free advisor slot (Skill 1 Master of Mint, Skill 3 Theologian). Diplomatic Relations: 5/7 (Alliance; Guaranteed)

""Somehow the Neapolitans landed in Ireland -" That's very poor strategy on their side. Everybody know that pizza goes better with lager beer." - Victor Cortez

I have a couple of technical questions.

1) Is there a way to speed up scrolling with the keyboard? I like to use the arrow keys to scroll across the map, but it is very slow.

2) Is there a way to reveal the entire map?

Corporal
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesRome Gold

I was wondering... are there any ID maps for EU3? not a full out map but a map with just the ID numbers?

Corporal

I use Ctr + F11 and it works just fine, you will see big letters in the middle of the screen saying "Screen shot taken" or w.e and check where your saved games are and you will find them there.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Seems legit?
    Happened to me as Tachibana after I took Settsu from Taira. I was not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by jdrou View Post
    What's the exact text of the mission title/description and what is the reward listed?
    Daimyo's should not be getting the generic vassalize mission at least.
    It was the generic vassalise mission; Subjugation CB, lose 2 infamy.
    Gaijin

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by jsme View Post
    I use Ctr + F11 and it works just fine, you will see big letters in the middle of the screen saying "Screen shot taken" or w.e and check where your saved games are and you will find them there.
    Cheers, I'll try Ctrl-F11 and see if that works.
    generalolaf: 5/3/1, age: 17. No Legal Heir. Religion in province: Protestant. 100 Legitimacy, 30 Prestige, 0 Power Projection.
    Government: Constitutional Monarchy. Diplomatic Ideas (3), Religious Ideas (2), Administrative Ideas (0). 1 free advisor slot (Skill 1 Master of Mint, Skill 3 Theologian). Diplomatic Relations: 5/7 (Alliance; Guaranteed)

""Somehow the Neapolitans landed in Ireland -" That's very poor strategy on their side. Everybody know that pizza goes better with lager beer." - Victor Cortez

here is an issue.
    I'm with Minamoto and i'm the Shogun. I use a spy master and hired ninjas to help fabricate shogun's claim on the other daimyo's provinces. The problem is the ninjas pop up an event like every year which gives 15 prestige. i'm now sitting with 80-90 prestige and this gives me so much shogun influence its constatnly at 100. Declaring war on another diamyo requires me to have 70 or lower. Now how am I suppose to lower the influence? I have 2x bad relations -1 but +3,09 from prestige? this leaves me with +1,03 yearly. Any ideas?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I was wondering... are there any ID maps for EU3? not a full out map but a map with just the ID numbers?
    I have a map like that, but it's incomplete.
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------
    EU3 AAR: Two lions and a yellow background (MPM)

Here's a question

I play as Prussia and I have all the cores to form Germany but i really want to enact the Prussian Military Reforms. I still have 9 levels of tech to research in Land and also I have to move my capital to Brandeburg... I was wondering, is it worthy to loose 1000 $ and 4 Stability to enact this National Decision?
    I am not stupid... just not so smart.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by GoguRomania View Post
    Here's a question

I play as Prussia and I have all the cores to form Germany but i really want to enact the Prussian Military Reforms. I still have 9 levels of tech to research in Land and also I have to move my capital to Brandeburg... I was wondering, is it worthy to loose 1000 $ and 4 Stability to enact this National Decision?
    I would just edit the decision to remove the capital requirement. In the current public beta patch it has been removed.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)

Quote Originally Posted by generalolaf View Post
    Cheers, I'll try Ctrl-F11 and see if that works.
    Well, that's a bit embarrassing, turns out F Lock was on. Thanks anyway.

Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by ANO1453 View Post
    I have a map like that, but it's incomplete.
    could you post plz or send me the file? I would really appreciate it, in fact I may even just build on it.
    We really need an ID map so I am going to make one some time tonight or tomorrow and post it, but I am only doing North America

Corporal

Just wondering, does anyone know which folder is located the cheat codes "Cash, influence"? I am not certain if its in the actual events folder or not

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

could you post plz or send me the file? I would really appreciate it, in fact I may even just build on it.
    We really need an ID map so I am going to make one some time tonight or tomorrow and post it, but I am only doing North America

As you can see, very incomplete. Want to make your job easier? Find one of those tools (like Clausewitz Scenario Editor) which tells you the province number when you hover the mouse over the province.
    I ended up not using this map: I ended up using Excel and the error.log to cut out non existent provinces
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------
    EU3 AAR: Two lions and a yellow background (MPM)

Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by ANO1453 View Post

As you can see, very incomplete. Want to make your job easier? Find one of those tools (like Clausewitz Scenario Editor) which tells you the province number when you hover the mouse over the province.
    I ended up not using this map: I ended up using Excel and the error.log to cut out non existent provinces
    Its fine to me lol, very good job. I would like to work on it though but I really only care about the americas, specifically North America.

here is an issue.
    I'm with Minamoto and i'm the Shogun. I use a spy master and hired ninjas to help fabricate shogun's claim on the other daimyo's provinces. The problem is the ninjas pop up an event like every year which gives 15 prestige. i'm now sitting with 80-90 prestige and this gives me so much shogun influence its constatnly at 100. Declaring war on another diamyo requires me to have 70 or lower. Now how am I suppose to lower the influence? I have 2x bad relations -1 but +3,09 from prestige? this leaves me with +1,03 yearly. Any ideas?
    Its been a while since I played Japan so I forget... You can't expand SoI as a Daimyo so you just have to sit and let it burn. Or maybe start a war with someone on the mainland and concede defeat? I do remember having that problem in my Japan game and wanting to smash things because waiting for prestige to decay so you can wait for influence to decay is as bad as watching paint dry.

Just wondering, does anyone know which folder is located the cheat codes "Cash, influence"? I am not certain if its in the actual events folder or not
    Cheat codes are not in any text file; they're part of the exe file.

Playing EU4

I've been trying to find what exactly defines a nation as a daimyo. I'm the Shogun and I like the bonuses very much, but I would like the extra diplomatic options from uniting Japan. Is it possible to somehow (hopefully easily) mod a united Japan to keep the Shogun bonuses? I don't see why manpower and tax bonuses should have to vanish from simply becoming the emperor.

+ Reply to Thread