+ Reply to Thread
Page 423 of 602 FirstFirst ... 323 348 373 398 413 421 422 423 424 425 433 448 473 498 523 ... LastLast
Results 8,441 to 8,460 of 12029

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

Arsenal of DemocracyDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The GloryEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Thanks!
    "Wherever an altar is found, there civilization exists." - Joseph de Maistre

Quote Originally Posted by Theoden View Post
    As about looting:

1) The AI does it automatically when at war and in the enemy's province?
    2) Do I have to select an option for looting a province, or it's just automatically for me too?
    3) What it's exact effects are? I have read the Wiki, but maybe there are some others, especially because of DW?
    4) It doesn't last more than a month, even if the army is staying in that province for 3 months, right?
    Any ideas about this?

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Quote Originally Posted by Theoden View Post
    Any ideas about this?
    It is just done automaticaly, but is nice source of income, if you just march thru whole enemy country with one regiment XD.

It bring you some additional income, but i don't remember if it is monthly or yearly...

And i think it last as long as army is staying in the enemy province.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanow View Post
    It is just done automaticaly, but is nice source of income, if you just march thru whole enemy country with one regiment XD.

It bring you some additional income, but i don't remember if it is monthly or yearly...

And i think it last as long as army is staying in the enemy province.
    So it is AUTOMATIC, EVERY TIME and for EVERY regiment in an enemy province while at war, right? For both the player and AI?
    Took me a while to notice that grey cloud over my city, that's why I was not that sure how does it work.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

- Does discipline apply to navies?
    - What is blockade efficiency?
    - Do the prestige from battles NIs allow for the prestige to go over 5? Do they make you lose more prestige from lost battles?
    - Is the manuever rating of an army the distance (the same term used for colonization range, trade range, etc.) an army goes each day? If not, what does it represent?
    GENERATION 37: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
    Participate in the ranking of every EU3 nation from easiest to hardest!
    Post your Tahiti games!
    Post your Always vWar Mod progress!
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...r-Mod-Progress!
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...s-War-progress!

Quote Originally Posted by PdoxNewbie View Post
    - Does discipline apply to navies?
    - What is blockade efficiency?
    - Do the prestige from battles NIs allow for the prestige to go over 5? Do they make you lose more prestige from lost battles?
    - Is the manuever rating of an army the distance (the same term used for colonization range, trade range, etc.) an army goes each day? If not, what does it represent?
    1) no, discipline is a land army stat
    2) blockade efficiency determines how many ships you require to blockade a port and also how well you do on snagging the blockade runners for ducats
    3) I never take them so I have no idea
    4) maneuver rating of armies affects their supply size and help determine the terrain a battle is fought on (and who defends if 2 armies arrive in a province the same day), and yes: it also decreases the time it takes to travel from province to province

Now my question: Is it intended that a non-HRE member immediately loses their cores on different culture group HRE provinces upon losing the province?

Situation: I diplo-annex TO intending to release them after removing a couple province cores as I only wanted a couple provinces (previously vassalized due to mission). They immediately lost their cores on Osel and Kurland, having previously lost Estland and Livland to Denmark they also have no cores in those although I can't say for sure when they lost them.

When you open the EU3 game, sometimes it is writing there that "Rousilion will be a French province before the game is over"
    There is a special event or they wrote that there just to be more misterious ?

Yeah, i know, stupid subject but i can't sleep at night because of this.
    I am not stupid... just not so smart.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2

How can you keep control of the generals? I mean, are there any specific principles of choosing them, and how can you check which armies don't have a general?
    Last edited by A380YURY; 22-06-2012 at 21:54.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

F11 doesn't work taking screenshots on my new (wireless) keyboard and (Win7) computer, does anyone have any other keys/key combos that worked for them?
    Reasons Why You Should Play Any Character in CK2
    Current playthrough(s): n/a, undecided
    generalolaf: 5/3/1, age: 17. No Legal Heir. Religion in province: Protestant. 100 Legitimacy, 30 Prestige, 0 Power Projection.
    Government: Constitutional Monarchy. Diplomatic Ideas (3), Religious Ideas (2), Administrative Ideas (0). 1 free advisor slot (Skill 1 Master of Mint, Skill 3 Theologian). Diplomatic Relations: 5/7 (Alliance; Guaranteed)

""Somehow the Neapolitans landed in Ireland -" That's very poor strategy on their side. Everybody know that pizza goes better with lager beer." - Victor Cortez

Ruler of the Queen's Navee George LeS's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by brifbates View Post
    1) no, discipline is a land army stat
    2) blockade efficiency determines how many ships you require to blockade a port and also how well you do on snagging the blockade runners for ducats
    3) I never take them so I have no idea
    4) maneuver rating of armies affects their supply size and help determine the terrain a battle is fought on (and who defends if 2 armies arrive in a province the same day), and yes: it also decreases the time it takes to travel from province to province

Now my question: Is it intended that a non-HRE member immediately loses their cores on different culture group HRE provinces upon losing the province?

Situation: I diplo-annex TO intending to release them after removing a couple province cores as I only wanted a couple provinces (previously vassalized due to mission). They immediately lost their cores on Osel and Kurland, having previously lost Estland and Livland to Denmark they also have no cores in those although I can't say for sure when they lost them.
    Your answer to #2 is incorrect. It still takes only 1 ship to blockade, no matter what your efficiency. (Your way would be better, but it isn't so.) That does determine how much $ you get for it.
    'Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing--absolutely nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.' -- the Water Rat

GRIN Mod--Historical leaders mods: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...46994-GRIN-Mod

Rex Maris--SRI-based naval and exploration mod. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...4#post11451354

About what year can a country reach LandTech 30? (without serious penalties)
    And if i form Germany, i can reform Prussia and then switch back to Germany?

Quote Originally Posted by GoguRomania View Post
    About what year can a country reach LandTech 30? (without serious penalties)
    And if i form Germany, i can reform Prussia and then switch back to Germany?
    No, you cannot go from Germany to Prussia. Tech level 30 is generally in the 1575-1625 range.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

But: Can you in theory form germany twice/let it form twice? Here would be my plan: Form Germany; Form the HRE; Release one minor who has all the provinces tha it needs to form germany; Let them core; They form germany, the German region gets lots of basetay; You dipolannex Germany (or release it from vassalage and annex it since you should have cores there. Then you release the minor you used to form germany in the first place again (it still has the cores, so it will instantly form germany, which you annex again) Rinse and repeat for infintie basetax?
    E: The more i think about it the more insane that exploit becomes. You can achieve the setupt around 1550. I would imagine that by 1600 you can have it set up in such a way that you can recover stability within a month even at full WE. From that point on its just 2 basetax for the german region per month.... Insane oO

) So insane, that i don't get it :|

Heres the gist of it: The decision to form germany gives all provinces in the german region (which also includes austria) +2 Basetax. Normally an AI would never be able to form Germany. But if you form the HRE first then you should be able to give an AI vassal all the provinces needed to form germany. Once they core they will enact the decision, but keep the cores on the provinces needed to form germany. Now you annex the newly created german state (doesnt matter how): After that you can release the country which just formed the germany you annexed. It will form germany again. And give you basetax.... Rinse and repeat ad infinitum.
    The Deal with 1 month stabcost is the following: You cant declare war while at -3 stab and you probably cant annex "Germany" in one war. That means that you will need to break truces. In order to most effectively do that you need to be able to recover stab as fast as possible.

Some fun "singularities" you should be able to achieve with this exploit, if it works at all: The point where your Income grows faster than you can increase your inflation; The point where every province produces units within 1 Day even at max WE; Enough Census Tax to have enough money to recover your stab with only a fraction of it. At the end you will only be limited by diplomats I'd guess.

E: Okay, its one basetax, I have no clue where i got the 2 Basetax from, but the idea should still work in theory even though only at half speed.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Alternatively, you could go Germany -> HRE -> Change government to a Catholic Theocracy -> Papal States -> Prussia -> Germany

seems like it would be easier if it worked (and I don't see how it wouldn't)
    Gaijin

Quote Originally Posted by _anomaly View Post
    Alternatively, you could go Germany -> HRE -> Change government to a Catholic Theocracy -> Papal States -> Prussia -> Germany

seems like it would be easier if it worked (and I don't see how it wouldn't)
    That actually also works, the only difference is that becoming PAP has a MTTH of 6 months so depending on your stab-speed you might be a little slower. Its still an exploit though.

A quick question:

As I am playing on a mac, achievements is a bit strange. I cant see them in-game, but have to log in to paradox connect to see if I achieve any, and here I can only see the those completed. Is there anywhere I can find a complete list of all achievements?

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

How do you get the Liberation CB?
    GENERATION 37: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
    Participate in the ranking of every EU3 nation from easiest to hardest!
    Post your Tahiti games!
    Post your Always vWar Mod progress!
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...r-Mod-Progress!
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...s-War-progress!

Quote Originally Posted by PdoxNewbie View Post
    How do you get the Liberation CB?
    Bill of Rights NI

See
    http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Casus_belli

+ Reply to Thread