+ Reply to Thread
Page 405 of 602 FirstFirst ... 305 330 355 380 395 403 404 405 406 407 415 430 455 480 505 ... LastLast
Results 8,081 to 8,100 of 12037

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by ANO1453 View Post
    By the way, what more do you need to release a vassal besides matching culture? I went to war with the Ottomans hoping to conquer some Yemeni provinces to then release a Catholic Yemen but I'm not allowed to.
    Are you at peace? Do they have cores on bedouin_arabic provinces you own?
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

he'll stay , but you may not have the option to re-elect him afterwards
    no more unfinished IN AAR's

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by jdrou View Post
    Are you at peace? Do they have cores on bedouin_arabic provinces you own?
    Yes to both. I don't know if it's the fact Yemen has cores I don't control (owned by Ottomans and Mameluks), or maybe because Yemen was inherited by the Ottomans, but that was almost 90 years ago.

EDIT: I guess it's solved. I restarted the game and there it was, Yemen, ready to release.
    Last edited by ANO1453; 27-05-2012 at 02:16.
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------
    EU3 AAR: Two lions and a yellow background (MPM)

In uncolonized territories do natives attack only upon arriving or is there a chance of attack every month? Thanks.
    Happy thoughts, happy thoughts...

OH GOD! RUN!

There's a chance randomly and also whenever you send a colonist. I think i has to fail or maybe it's more likely if the colonist fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Slym View Post
    There's a chance randomly and also whenever you send a colonist. I think i has to fail or maybe it's more likely if the colonist fails.
    Sorry. I wasn't clear with what I meant.

I was asking in reference to sending military units into the territory, not colonists.
    Happy thoughts, happy thoughts...

OH GOD! RUN!

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by zwitterion117 View Post
    Sorry. I wasn't clear with what I meant.

I was asking in reference to sending military units into the territory, not colonists.
    Another country can trigger an uprising with spies, but without spies, no, only soldiers will provoke natives. They will almost always do so right away, and then, as you suspected, they may rise again.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q3 ACAs have finished, check out the winners!! EU IV|CK II|Vicky II|HOI 3|Darkest Hour
    Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Hey guys I'm playing Chronicles on a Mac and just got the code from VP however when I go to register the page refreshes and nothing changes and my game remains unregistered. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV

Can you inherit with cores inside the HRE if you are emperor, but not a member?

If you're a cultural union nation (HRE, France, etc.) and you change country tags (Papal States), do you still accept all cultures of your culture group?

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Kresaux View Post
    Can you inherit with cores inside the HRE if you are emperor, but not a member?
    cores from inheritance occur if the country you're inheriting has a primary culture that's the same as yours. any of their core provinces you will core through inheritance, iirc

I'm pretty sure you get cores on anything they have in the same culture group as you, and HRE members will get cores on HRE territory, hence his question on if he'll get the cores from inheriting in the HRE if he's the emperor but not a member.

Quote Originally Posted by Slym View Post
    I'm pretty sure you get cores on anything they have in the same culture group as you, and HRE members will get cores on HRE territory, hence his question on if he'll get the cores from inheriting in the HRE if he's the emperor but not a member.
    To which the answer is "sorry, but no". On the bright side, as the emperor he won't get hit with "A formal request".

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV

Thx, then I'll just join after becoming emperor. Hopefully I won't inherit before that happens

68 games registered

CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by PiriReis View Post
    Castille annexing Granada
    Castille moves capital to Granada
    Castille shifts culture to Andalusian
    Castille forms Granada

Is this possible?
    Can't form Granada, might have difficulty just shifting culture as well...
    Non Angelus Sed Anglus

The Barcelona-based Sport: 'Football punishes Barca - Unjust, cruel, horrible, unmerited. Any adjective is not enough to define the incredible elimination of Barca at the hands of Chelsea.'

The value of the new world trade goods is amazing. Like, 12.2 ducats trade value for coffee! Unfortunately, it's telling me all of my provinces in the new world are trading through Bremen or Lubeck instead of my CoT, Stockholm. How do I make it so my new world provinces trade through MY CoT?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by ajsciri4 View Post
    The value of the new world trade goods is amazing. Like, 12.2 ducats trade value for coffee! Unfortunately, it's telling me all of my provinces in the new world are trading through Bremen or Lubeck instead of my CoT, Stockholm. How do I make it so my new world provinces trade through MY CoT?
    You think 12.2 ducats is amazing? Wait until it gets to 80.
    Let's me guess, you are in the Hanseatic Trade League?
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------
    EU3 AAR: Two lions and a yellow background (MPM)

Quote Originally Posted by ANO1453 View Post
    You think 12.2 ducats is amazing? Wait until it gets to 80.
    Let's me guess, you are in the Hanseatic Trade League?
    Haha well I thought 12.2 ducats was amazing for 1.0 supply at 1,025 population!

Yes, I am. Will leaving the trade league solve my problems?

If I were to culture shift. Is it a single culture that needs to be dominant or is it a different culture group that becomes dominant?

Quote Originally Posted by ajsciri4 View Post
    Haha well I thought 12.2 ducats was amazing for 1.0 supply at 1,025 population!

Yes, I am. Will leaving the trade league solve my problems?
    It will help a fair bit. However, that is not the only factor in determining what CoT a province trades through.

+ Reply to Thread