+ Reply to Thread
Page 373 of 601 FirstFirst ... 273 298 323 348 363 371 372 373 374 375 383 398 423 448 473 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,460 of 12014

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagicka
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2

If the emperor is also an elector of the HRE and is the only independent elector left, do you need to vassalize him too in order to dismantle the hre? Or do you just need to control his capital?

Quote Originally Posted by jdrou View Post
    Cost to vassalize is based on the total peace cost of all their provinces which is in turn based largely on the wealth of the provinces; Austria has very valuable provinces.
    So I'd need to reduce their number of provinces?
    "If Humanity does not end war, War shall end humanity."
    __________________________________________________ _

The Phoenix Rises - A Palaiologos AAR, CK2 -> EUIV

Myself
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: Rome

What does "historical_friend = ARA" in history files (Portugal in this case) do?
    Sit now there, and look out upon the lands where evil and despair shall come to those whom thou allied. Thou hast dared to mock me, and to question the power of France, master of the fates of Europe. Therefore with my explorers thou shalt see, and with my spies thou shalt hear; and never shall thou be released from vassalage until all is fulfilled unto its bitter end.

Quote Originally Posted by xenon5 View Post
    If the emperor is also an elector of the HRE and is the only independent elector left, do you need to vassalize him too in order to dismantle the hre? Or do you just need to control his capital?
    Technically for any elector you can just occupy the capital instead of vassalizing.
    -Ruanek

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Byzan View Post
    So I'd need to reduce their number of provinces?
    Yes. If you take enough provinces in a separate war or make them release some vassals you should be able to vassalize (or annex).
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

And does Religion play a major part in Reforming the HRE?

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Well, it does, if you manage to force HRE member that is other religion, to your own religion, you gain imperial authority.

No I mean will they refuse to reform when you attempt to pass a reform?

It doesn't help that most of the states hate me but even those that like me (and aren't my vassal) they won't pass the reform.

I know tax income vassals doesn't give added tax, but what about manpower? If my vassal builds army buildings do I get half of that extra manpower?

Was wondering if someone could PM me what changes the next patch will make (info about beta patch anyhow). I'm on probation so can't access that and I'm curious

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Vassals don't give manpower.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanow View Post
    Vassals don't give manpower.
    They did last time I checked, though maybe it was just force limit >_>.

Only forcelimit. Thou being emperor give manpower, then being HRE and having all HRE vassalized = massive forcelimit. Not like it is quite possible to make it to your forcelimit easily, if you don't have great yearly income.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

Why does being at war with a horde count as peace in the monthly war exhaustion?

Quote Originally Posted by PdoxNewbie View Post
    Why does being at war with a horde count as peace in the monthly war exhaustion?
    Because horde wars, are not considered as wars...

Why when Golden Horde occupied a province it became their own soon after (within THEIR borders)? In my previous game they simply occupy it and then demand tribute - they never annexed. This time they capture them without any peace deal - occupy and after few months - it's theirs. Is this normal?

I'm new to this game, so I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by Aquila SPQR View Post
    Why when Golden Horde occupied a province it became their own soon after (within THEIR borders)? In my previous game they simply occupy it and then demand tribute - they never annexed. This time they capture them without any peace deal - occupy and after few months - it's theirs. Is this normal?

I'm new to this game, so I don't know
    They changed the hordes?

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean :P

Ok, according EU3 wiki:

"Hordes - Cannot win or lose provinces normally. Instead, civilized neighbors may colonize provinces that they control. If a settlement reaches 1000 people it defects. In 5.1 and onward, if a horde controls a civilized province for a long enough period, it will defect to the horde."

But I haven't seen such behaviour in my previous games... In previous game they somethimes occupied enemy province for years and nothing happened. Right now they took two already...
    Last edited by Aquila SPQR; 03-04-2012 at 01:24.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Aquila SPQR View Post
    I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean :P

Ok, according EU3 wiki:

"Hordes - Cannot win or lose provinces normally. Instead, civilized neighbors may colonize provinces that they control. If a settlement reaches 1000 people it defects. In 5.1 and onward, if a horde controls a civilized province for a long enough period, it will defect to the horde."

But I haven't seen such behaviour in my previous games... In previous game they somethimes occupied enemy province for years and nothing happened. Right now they took two already...
    The provinces can't defect before all buildings in the province are destroyed. A building is destroyed every 3 months or so, so a built up province will take longer to defect to the hordes.

Well, the problem in this that this means non muslims, get eaten by GH, which is unhistorical.

+ Reply to Thread