+ Reply to Thread
Page 363 of 600 FirstFirst ... 263 288 313 338 353 361 362 363 364 365 373 388 413 438 463 ... LastLast
Results 7,241 to 7,260 of 11985

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

First Lieutenant
    Europa Universalis: Chronicles

you have 7 cores on provinces you dont own, each one gives -0.3, if you will get them or declare war on owner the penalty will go.

i loved the color of tirol, how can i change my favorite nations color to that?

Quote Originally Posted by nitman View Post
    you have 7 cores on provinces you dont own, each one gives -0.3, if you will get them or declare war on owner the penalty will go.
    I see, thanks

thing is, I have cores on some regions that belong to my vassals, who I have royal ties with...our relations are now bad (-50 ish) because of my last attempt at a peaceful annexation, but declaring war to them would still provoke a huge stability drop

any advice on what I should do now? should I attack Burgundy while I improve my relations with my vassals until I can try to demand annexation again?

Major
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Worth it to spend mag on "Promote cultural unity" decision?

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by wipo View Post
    I see, thanks

thing is, I have cores on some regions that belong to my vassals, who I have royal ties with...our relations are now bad (-50 ish) because of my last attempt at a peaceful annexation, but declaring war to them would still provoke a huge stability drop
    Are the vassals your only cores? You don't get the penalty for cores owned by your vassals (just as you will never lose cores that are owned by your vassals).
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Castios View Post
    Worth it to spend mag on "Promote cultural unity" decision?
    Not really, there`s no upside and magistrates are better used for cultural tradition, buildings, some other decisions...
    I use it rarely in some specific situations, like when I want to remove a reconquest CB that someone has against me, or when I want to release a vassal.

What are the benefits of dynasties, except for a relations boost? Do they increase the chance for random PU-s or inheriting, and what`s the easiest way to expand a dynasty?

EDIT: just realized you can`t remove a core of an existing nation, sry
    Last edited by Kresaux; 15-03-2012 at 19:35.

Major

How much time I have to accept event?

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Kresaux View Post
    Not really, there`s no upside and magistrates are better used for cultural tradition, buildings, some other decisions...
    I use it rarely in some specific situations, like when I want to remove a reconquest CB that someone has against me, or when I want to release a vassal.

What are the benefits of dynasties, except for a relations boost? Do they increase the chance for random PU-s or inheriting, and what`s the easiest way to expand a dynasty?
    There is, indeed, a slightly higher for PUs if they are of your dynasty; I don't know the specific number, but it's not to be sneezed at. You can't exactly control dynasty spread, it's more or less random outside of forcibly imposing PUs.

30 days.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- 1st quarter ACAs for 2014 underway!

Japan or Bust (probably bust) An Uesugi CoP AAR -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- In progress
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2|EvW Missile Silo - check before posting!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
    30 days.
    What happens if it's a multi-choice event and you.. Don't give an answer in 30 days?
    I used to be a communist, then I took a redistribution of wealth to my bank account. -Seek75

Load/Save time

Hi - Quick question - Does EU3 just take a long time to load and save (like 15 minutes or more), or is it my computer? Is there a trick to speed it up?
    Last edited by JasonBudd06; 11-03-2012 at 21:39.

Second quick question - I am Scotland and am a senior state in a personal union with Brandenburg. Brandenburg is the "defender of the faith" for reformed. Scotland declares war against a reformed country (Genoa), and Brandenburg defends Genoa rather than keeping its alliance with Scotland. How is this possible?

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by Pompan View Post
    What happens if it's a multi-choice event and you.. Don't give an answer in 30 days?
    The event usually disappears with no effect. This was done to prevent people from "storing" stab bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBudd06 View Post
    Hi - Quick question - Does EU3 just take a long time to load and save (like 15 minutes or more), or is it my computer? Is there a trick to speed it up?
    EU3 does have quite a long loading time, but 15 minutes sounds a little too long. I'd say it's your PC.

Second quick question - I am Scotland and am a senior state in a personal union with Brandenburg. Brandenburg is the "defender of the faith" for reformed. Scotland declares war against a reformed country (Genoa), and Brandenburg defends Genoa rather than keeping its alliance with Scotland. How is this possible?
    AI ALWAYS honors defensive alliances first.

Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- In progress

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2|EvW Missile Silo - check before posting!

Major

Event disappear with no effect? So why the hell we accept nagative events?:/

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Event disappear with no effect? So why the hell we accept nagative events?:/
    Because it's technically cheating otherwise.

Crusader Kings I forced you to choose an option by locking the game in pause, but MP would be very slow if that was implemented in EU3.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

On my computers it takes between 1 and 3 minutes, where 3 minutes is on the 8 years old methuselah... I recommend the usual: clean up your disk drive first, then run disk defrag. Make sure the correct mode (auto) is selected in the BIOS for disk access. If all that does not help, you will probably need a new harddisk (they slow down when they come to their life's end).

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    It may also select the first option for you. I don't know what determines if it does either, but I've had it screw me over because I didn't pause the game on accident when I left to get something and I ended up like ignoring the demands for westernization or something.

Winner of Best Gameplay AAR (EU 1-3) Q3 2011
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 6/26/11; 9/2/2013

"i don't like ppl coyping me" - iwanow

Major

So it does nothing if event has 1 option and it chooses 1st option at multichoise events? I don't understand..

Quote Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
    AI ALWAYS honors defensive alliances first.
    Thanks, I guess that's the way it is. But that doesn't make sense since I am the king of that country too. Isn't that a glitch then? I mean, when in history would a subject nation war against its king? It's not even a decision that it's allowed to make since it does not have a ruler other than its personal union king. Bizarre. I guess I'll have to integrate the subject nation then create it back as a vassal.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I want to move a country into my PU, I've got the Fabricate Claims ready. There is one problem though - they're in my sphere. I'm the largest nation around, and they're the second largest. There's noone around that's able to match up with them in a war and their only neighbor is a dirt poor OPM, which is also in my sphere. I can't attack the larger nation because of the sphere. I want to subjugate the minor nation as well, since I'm currently doing a world conquest.
    Does anyone have any ideas on how I can.. Succeed ?
    I used to be a communist, then I took a redistribution of wealth to my bank account. -Seek75

I want to move a country into my PU, I've got the Fabricate Claims ready. There is one problem though - they're in my sphere. I'm the largest nation around, and they're the second largest. There's noone around that's able to match up with them in a war and their only neighbor is a dirt poor OPM, which is also in my sphere. I can't attack the larger nation because of the sphere. I want to subjugate the minor nation as well, since I'm currently doing a world conquest.
    Does anyone have any ideas on how I can.. Succeed ?
    I wasn't aware EU3 prevented you from attacking spherelings. Regardless, the sphere should automatically disappear once the other guy gets powerful enough, relative to you. What's the gap between the two of you in terms of provinces/army size?

So it does nothing if event has 1 option and it chooses 1st option at multichoise events? I don't understand..
    The only way to be sure would be to test it; if it's single option, it just takes the single option. If it's multioption, I think it just fades away, but gela could be right and it picks the first option.

+ Reply to Thread