+ Reply to Thread
Page 362 of 602 FirstFirst ... 262 287 312 337 352 360 361 362 363 364 372 387 412 437 462 ... LastLast
Results 7,221 to 7,240 of 12027

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Maybe not a 'quick' question as such, but it only really needs a short answer.

Should I become Sunni as Oman (and how do I do that?), and if not, how do I get around the Ottoman DotF?
    Reasons Why You Should Play Any Character in CK2
    Current playthrough(s): n/a, undecided
    generalolaf: 5/3/1, age: 17. No Legal Heir. Religion in province: Protestant. 100 Legitimacy, 30 Prestige, 0 Power Projection.
    Government: Constitutional Monarchy. Diplomatic Ideas (3), Religious Ideas (2), Administrative Ideas (0). 1 free advisor slot (Skill 1 Master of Mint, Skill 3 Theologian). Diplomatic Relations: 5/7 (Alliance; Guaranteed)

""Somehow the Neapolitans landed in Ireland -" That's very poor strategy on their side. Everybody know that pizza goes better with lager beer." - Victor Cortez

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by generalolaf View Post
    Should I become Sunni as Oman (and how do I do that?), and if not, how do I get around the Ottoman DotF?
    I can't comment on the former, but for the latter, you might consider taking Unam Sanctam so that you can get a Holy War CB against India's Hindus.

Alternatively, just wait until the Ottomans are at war with a couple of murderous Catholic blobs before trying to declare war on Sunni nations.
    If you think someone's trolling, PM a moderator.

Ask your quick modding questions in the appropriate place

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

OK, thanks.
    Reasons Why You Should Play Any Character in CK2
    Current playthrough(s): n/a, undecided
    generalolaf: 5/3/1, age: 17. No Legal Heir. Religion in province: Protestant. 100 Legitimacy, 30 Prestige, 0 Power Projection.
    Government: Constitutional Monarchy. Diplomatic Ideas (3), Religious Ideas (2), Administrative Ideas (0). 1 free advisor slot (Skill 1 Master of Mint, Skill 3 Theologian). Diplomatic Relations: 5/7 (Alliance; Guaranteed)

""Somehow the Neapolitans landed in Ireland -" That's very poor strategy on their side. Everybody know that pizza goes better with lager beer." - Victor Cortez

I'm playing as Milan and I am getting gold income from occupying Aquileia. Since I am not looking to annex more provinces (+0.75 infamy from 3 non-core HRE provinces), is there any point to work out a peace deal or can I keep occupying for decades? All her allies who joined the war were defeated. Do I get tax from occupied territories too, and how much?

I also want to get Urbino from Aquileia but it's occupied by friendly rebels whom I created before the war started. Is there any way to get Urbino now or do I have settle for peace now and take it in another war?

Quote Originally Posted by Balou View Post
    I haven't seen such information so far. The game tells you only how long it takes to the neighbouring province.
    Ok, thanks for answering. I thought distance and time needed to travel would be basic info for warfare... Guess I will need to remember some of the time and distances between neighbouring provinces to get a general idea.
    Last edited by xploring; 10-03-2012 at 07:54.

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by xploring View Post
    I'm playing as Milan and I am getting gold income from occupying Aquileia. Since I am not looking to annex more provinces (+0.75 infamy from 3 non-core HRE provinces), is there any point to work out a peace deal or can I keep occupying for decades? All her allies who joined the war were defeated. Do I get tax from occupied territories too, and how much?

I also want to get Urbino from Aquileia but it's occupied by friendly rebels whom I created before the war started. Is there any way to get Urbino now or do I have settle for peace now and take it in another war?

Ok, thanks for answering. I thought distance and time needed to travel would be basic info for warfare... Guess I will need to remember some of the time and distances between neighbouring provinces to get a general idea.
    You'll auto white peace in three years if you've completely occupied the enemy territories. If the rebels are friendly (have your flag), just sit tight and they might defect. However, the AI won't negotiate with rebels if they're at war.

You get no tax from occupied territories.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q3 ACAs have just begun! EU IV|CK II|Vicky II|HOI 3|Darkest Hour
    Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Quote Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
    You'll auto white peace in three years if you've completely occupied the enemy territories. If the rebels are friendly (have your flag), just sit tight and they might defect. However, the AI won't negotiate with rebels if they're at war.

You get no tax from occupied territories.
    Thanks for clarifying. I actually made peace and saw the gold income disappeared before I came to ask questions. Aquileia collapsed soon after peace deal (I took all of their money) and rebel-occupied Urbino (that was part of Aquileia) actually became part of Papal State after the collapse. Not sure how that worked. The rebels are Umbrian patriots, I think. They stayed in Romagna that they occupied after taking down Urbino.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by generalolaf View Post
    Should I become Sunni as Oman (and how do I do that?)

[...]
    you may want to conquer a Sunni province and place a missionary there with zero missionary maintenance... eventually Sunni religious rebels will spawn there and when they win the siege you can negotiate with them on the Religion tab and give in to their demands - thus become Sunni. however you will have to take a serious prestige AND legitimacy hit IIRC.

I have just started a game (grand campaign) as france (DW 5.1) and have a question about my vassals.

Will the cores I have in my vassals expire in 50 years, and if yes, how to I annex them before that happens?

Thanks in advance

Liberté, egalité, fraternité StephenT's Avatar
    Cities in MotionDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Gibskov View Post
    Will the cores I have in my vassals expire in 50 years, and if yes, how to I annex them before that happens?
    Cores you have on provinces of your own culture group (French, in other words) will never expire. You don't have to worry about those. However, any cores on non-culture provinces will indeed vanish after 50 years. You can check by going to the province view and looking at the tool tip of the shields; it will say if the core will expire or not. France starts with cores on some Flemish provinces, including Antwerpen, and you do need to us these before 1449 or you'll lose them.

As far as your vassals go, there's no rush to annex them and their troops will come in handy meanwhile. You get missions for annexing some of them too, which give extra rewards for doing so - so best to wait for those missions to appear. Otherwise you have two options:

1. Warlike. Insult them down to below 100 relations, break your alliance, then break vassalage, then declare war. The only danger here is that in the obligatory 1-month gap between you breaking their vassalage and declaring war, they might have allied with someone powerful.

2. Peaceful. Get their relations up to over 190 and the option to annex them should appear. Your chance is improved if you have a high DIP king, a lot of countries in your Sphere of Influence, high prestige and low infamy. I think there's also a bonus for how long you've had them as vassals, which becomes significant after 30 years. You'll lose a point of stability when you annex them. Also, you can only annex one country every 10 years; but there's a slightly gamey way around that if you pause the game, then send out annex requests to up to five countries simultaneously.

Sry, wrong thread. Sorry
    Last edited by not_zero; 10-03-2012 at 17:05.

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagicka
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2

Why cant I annex my vassal? our relationship is over 200, same religion, at peace, and I've had them for more than 10 years, but the demand annexation option is grayed out. When I scroll over the button, it just says "demand they become annexed by you" but does not tell me I'm missing any conditions :/

Hi.

What file do I edit to deactivate the HRE in a new campaign?

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by xenon5 View Post
    Why cant I annex my vassal? our relationship is over 200, same religion, at peace, and I've had them for more than 10 years, but the demand annexation option is grayed out. When I scroll over the button, it just says "demand they become annexed by you" but does not tell me I'm missing any conditions :/
    Have you annexed another vassal in the last 10 years?
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagicka
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by jdrou View Post
    Have you annexed another vassal in the last 10 years?
    Nope, it's the only vassal I've had this game. I ended up just using the annex command

Does tolerating a culture effect assimilation of that culture to my nations main culture? Also what effect does having a province of a non-accepted culture have?

Major
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    EUIV: Call to arms event

http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Assault

So, cannons speed up ASSAULT too, not only siege time? It is true?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by xenon5 View Post
    The only other condition I can think of is that you have to be at peace.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by Castios View Post
    http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Assault

So, cannons speed up ASSAULT too, not only siege time? It is true?
    Well I for one would use cannons against a walled fortress!

But yeah, they do. You also don't need as much of them as infantry for the same amount of damage (though you still fail the assault if all your infantry die).

Hi,

I'm playing my very first game of EU3: DW as France, so far so good.....except for my prestige, which keeps going down, and I don't understand why

Click image for larger version

Name:	prestigeinthetoilet.png
Views:	38
Size:	216.7 KB
ID:	49900

Click image for larger version

Name:	calaisisminelol.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	216.0 KB
ID:	49904

what am I doing wrong?

+ Reply to Thread