+ Reply to Thread
Page 361 of 602 FirstFirst ... 261 286 311 336 351 359 360 361 362 363 371 386 411 436 461 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,220 of 12027

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

Major
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    EUIV: Call to arms event

It's better to spam cots or have one very good cot?

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Castios View Post
    New CoTs are not for nothing and the merchants to send there will also cost a lot: so the answer is quite clear: one very good CoT is fine. Though, when it goes over say 1000, it may be worth to build another one, because otherwise somebody else might do it or a CoT will spawn in a province you do not want it to be.

First Lieutenant
    Europa Universalis: Chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Castios View Post
    as long as non of your provinces trade in others COTs one is alright, merchents are pretty annoying to deal with..

I bought EU complete from steam and now want to but HTTT from another source. Will it be easy to download HTTT over complete if I only own it on steam?

Another question, is pushing sliders towards mercantilism ever beneficial if I am not engaging in WC? I always push towards free trade and have never once had trouble having a monopoly in my own CoTs.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by EJG View Post
    Another question, is pushing sliders towards mercantilism ever beneficial if I am not engaging in WC? I always push towards free trade and have never once had trouble having a monopoly in my own CoTs.
    For me, it is. This is one of the great divides in EUIII, Mercantilism or Free Trade.
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------
    EU3 AAR: Two lions and a yellow background (MPM)

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

yeah, if you ask five people on the forum about this you will probably end up with six different answers (I mean six different explanations about *why* one would chose either of the two)

for me Free Trade seems to be better with one exception: (as infamy hurts your foreign compete chances) if you plan to do an "infamy heavy" game you better stay mercantilist and try to conquer CoTs rather than competing in them while they are still abroad.

Are there any advantages for Mercantilism for someone who never accumulates a lot of infamy, will I turn more profit in my own CoTs?

Major
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Don't look at the compete chance. Just note that if you are going for Free Trade you won't have enough spies.

Hello i am new in game . I have a question .On the upper part of the screen. In the middle i pressed a button and all my map became green except of two provinces that became red due to rebel danger. So my questions are the following :
    1. I appointed my amry on that provine to hunt rebels. Is this the best way to avoid a rebellion ?
    2. After i pressed that button i can nor remove the green and red color out of my map?
    Thank you!

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Are there any advantages for Mercantilism for someone who never accumulates a lot of infamy, will I turn more profit in my own CoTs?
    Not really. When you go for Free Trade in conjunction with Plutocracy, you will earn a lot through trade and still get enough spies. Be aware though that you forego the Leader shock from Aristocracy then, which would provide your armies with some advantage in the first century.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by kretian View Post
    Hello i am new in game . I have a question .On the upper part of the screen. In the middle i pressed a button and all my map became green except of two provinces that became red due to rebel danger. So my questions are the following :
    1. I appointed my amry on that provine to hunt rebels. Is this the best way to avoid a rebellion ?
    2. After i pressed that button i can nor remove the green and red color out of my map?
    Thank you!
    1) That`s not how you avoid a rebelion, it only means that your army will automatically go after the rebels once they spawn. Avoiding a rebellion (by lowering the revolt risk) is a whole different issue. I don`t recommend using the hunt rebels option, it`s buggy.
    2) Press the little blue flag on the lower-right corner of the screen, just above the mini map to restore the political mapmode

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    MagickaVictoria 2Knights of Pen and Paper +1 EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled

Where can I see the provinces numbers?
    Need this to check some achievements.
    I used to be a communist, then I took a redistribution of wealth to my bank account. -Seek75

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Yes, some really good modifiers which require you to be mercantilistic.
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------
    EU3 AAR: Two lions and a yellow background (MPM)

Divine Wind500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by jdrou View Post
    Do you have a savegame showing this? I tested this for ANO1453's bug report (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...on-not-working ) and found overseas provinces did not seem to count.
    You are right. I had less than 50% cored provinces while I was too much centralized and no overextension malus. Sorry for my mistake. :P

Quote Originally Posted by kretian View Post
    Thank you!
    You are in the revolt risk mapmode, to change to a different mapmode, go to the little world map on the bottom right of your screen and click on those tiny icons above the world map. If you hover over those icons without clicking, it will tell you what the different map modes are.

Quote Originally Posted by Pompan View Post
    IIRC, you can see this in the ledger, the one with the pie charts under national statistics?

My question, how to do tell how long it will take for an army/navy to go from A to B if A is not directly next to B?
    I ask this because army 1 is being attacked and army 2 is 3 provinces away, if I send army 2 to help army 1, how long will it take to get there?

Quote Originally Posted by xploring View Post
    My question, how to do tell how long it will take for an army/navy to go from A to B if A is not directly next to B?
    I haven't seen such information so far. The game tells you only how long it takes to the neighbouring province.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pompan View Post
    I'm not certain if it's in the ledger somewhere, but I don't think it is. If you go to your Europa Universalis 3 folder, then go to the history sub-folder, and finally the province sub-sub-folder (That's Europa Universalis III\history\provinces all together) the provinces are listed in order by ID #.

Winner of Best Gameplay AAR (EU 1-3) Q3 2011
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 6/26/11; 9/2/2013

"i don't like ppl coyping me" - iwanow

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by gela1212 View Post
    I'm not certain if it's in the ledger somewhere, but I don't think it is. If you go to your Europa Universalis 3 folder, then go to the history sub-folder, and finally the province sub-sub-folder (That's Europa Universalis III\history\provinces all together) the provinces are listed in order by ID #.
    It's not in the ledger and the info in that subfolder can't be trusted; aside from the province number the filenames are not used by the game. The only way to get accurate province name-number translation is from the localisation files. It's a bit easier if you use the single localisation file I created for my "province IDs on map" mod: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ead.php?511485
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

+ Reply to Thread