• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Holy Wars only apply to infidels (Muslims, Hindi, etc.) not heretics (Catholics, Protestants, Reformed). For everyone else, if all you want is CBs, Bill of Rights gives you a liberation CB. If you want CBs to get land, go for Imperialism as soon as you can; that means going with Absolute Monarchy, Republican Dictatorship, Enlightened Despotism, Revolutionary Empire, or Revolutionary Republic.

Ah okay, but I thought Unam sanctum allows you to get cbs against heretics? Guess it only works for catholics vs orthodox and not vice versa? It seems like a really long time before you get the tech to become one of those government types. I can't imagine how people even do world conquests. :\

Hi all,

In the game, the colonization maximum distance is determined from the closest province (with core and harbor). Do you know if it is possible to add one more condition (like region = europe , or better, oversea = no) ?? If so, in which file ?

Also, do you know if there is any possibility to lower the cost of generals/admirals ?

Thx

I believe it follows exactly the same rules as any other colonial growth (even though there is no tooltip showing the modifiers).
Oh ! I'll try to check out this. Thanks.
Do you have a savegame showing this? I tested this for ANO1453's bug report (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?553935-Overextension-not-working ) and found overseas provinces did not seem to count.
I recall being limited in my extension by too much colonies as England/GB for the 5.1 patch (but, now you're pointing the fact, t'was the 5.1 february patch...). Thus, it may be a bug now.
I'll start a castillan game soon and willl tell you more about this :)

im playing bohemia and im emperor, i just finished a succesful war to PU poland and now i need to get to like me, but gifting them is very expensive and unefficient. is there a way i could get them into the empire so i could bestow imperial grace on them?

im playing bohemia and im emperor, i just finished a succesful war to PU poland and now i need to get to like me, but gifting them is very expensive and unefficient. is there a way i could get them into the empire so i could bestow imperial grace on them?

If the player is the emperor the AI is coded to never attempt to join.

Is there any particular reason why the stability slider is locked onto 0? It's taking years for the stability to go up by a bit, and every time my stability goes up I get a -1 stability event. My economy is ruined and my revolt risks are very high. I would love to spend all my investments on stability, but I can't because the slider is stuck on 0.

Is there any particular reason why the stability slider is locked onto 0? It's taking years for the stability to go up by a bit, and every time my stability goes up I get a -1 stability event. My economy is ruined and my revolt risks are very high. I would love to spend all my investments on stability, but I can't because the slider is stuck on 0.

If you right click on a slider it will lock at its position and turn grey. Right click again to unlock it.

Hi all,

In the game, the colonization maximum distance is determined from the closest province (with core and harbor). Do you know if it is possible to add one more condition (like region = europe , or better, oversea = no) ?? If so, in which file ?

Also, do you know if there is any possibility to lower the cost of generals/admirals ?

Thx

It's also based on naval tech. But I think it is hardcoded? Don't know for sure.

You can change the range with naval tech or modifiers but can't change what it's based on.
I don't know of any way; the way around this though is to use a mod with events/decisions to create leaders.

How do France become Rev. France ?
More specifically, through the chain of events started by this one. These events can happen to any country but only France changes its name and flag.

... I'm currently in a war with Hausa(looks like portugese color near my african colonies). They have 2 slave+1 ivory province near the coast and the rest are grain. Is it worth just annexing them? Will it ever be profitable? Does the huge spike in stability cost just now worth it? Thanks in advance for the advice. :)

edit: also I have a free national idea. I currently have QFNW and National Banks. I don't need money right now, so which one should I take?

That part of Africa will never yield you much profit. Go for the cape region and, even more profitable, for the caribbean islands instead.

National trade policy, millitary drill or church attendence duty. Giving you either more profit, more bang or more stability (and gilded iconography, which is awesome).

I'd go against National Trade Policy and go for Military Drill or Church Attendance Duty. If you plan on fighting a lot in the next fifty years or so, Military Drill is the way to go. Otherwise, go for Church Attendance Duty and then take the religious decision "Gilded Iconography" that was mentioned above. After that, hire advisers as your cultural tradition goes up.

Is there a way to help increase the spread of the reformation other than conquering others with the religious conversion war demand? ie, a peaceful way to get countries to convert or increase the speed that provinces convert at? Also, can the reformation change the religion in animist provinces that were annexed?

Is there a way to help increase the spread of the reformation other than conquering others with the religious conversion war demand? ie, a peaceful way to get countries to convert or increase the speed that provinces convert at? Also, can the reformation change the religion in animist provinces that were annexed?

The closest thing I can think of would "Enforcing Religious Unity" if you're HRE, but that only makes people Catholic.