+ Reply to Thread
Page 359 of 601 FirstFirst ... 259 284 309 334 349 357 358 359 360 361 369 384 409 434 459 ... LastLast
Results 7,161 to 7,180 of 12015

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

Quote Originally Posted by jdrou View Post
    Who are you trying to get CBs on? There are NO CBs of any kind against hordes.
    TIL. How about the rest of Europe? No holy wars cb still?

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by KroganElite View Post
    TIL. How about the rest of Europe? No holy wars cb still?
    Holy Wars only apply to infidels (Muslims, Hindi, etc.) not heretics (Catholics, Protestants, Reformed). For everyone else, if all you want is CBs, Bill of Rights gives you a liberation CB. If you want CBs to get land, go for Imperialism as soon as you can; that means going with Absolute Monarchy, Republican Dictatorship, Enlightened Despotism, Revolutionary Empire, or Revolutionary Republic.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Be sure to check out the winners! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Quote Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
    Holy Wars only apply to infidels (Muslims, Hindi, etc.) not heretics (Catholics, Protestants, Reformed). For everyone else, if all you want is CBs, Bill of Rights gives you a liberation CB. If you want CBs to get land, go for Imperialism as soon as you can; that means going with Absolute Monarchy, Republican Dictatorship, Enlightened Despotism, Revolutionary Empire, or Revolutionary Republic.
    Ah okay, but I thought Unam sanctum allows you to get cbs against heretics? Guess it only works for catholics vs orthodox and not vice versa? It seems like a really long time before you get the tech to become one of those government types. I can't imagine how people even do world conquests. :\

Unam Sanctum gives a "Cleansing of Heresy" CB on all heretics. So you can use it against Catholics as a Orthodox country.
    -Ruanek

Hi all,

In the game, the colonization maximum distance is determined from the closest province (with core and harbor). Do you know if it is possible to add one more condition (like region = europe , or better, oversea = no) ?? If so, in which file ?

Also, do you know if there is any possibility to lower the cost of generals/admirals ?

Thx

Divine Wind500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I believe it follows exactly the same rules as any other colonial growth (even though there is no tooltip showing the modifiers).
    Oh ! I'll try to check out this. Thanks.
    Do you have a savegame showing this? I tested this for ANO1453's bug report (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...on-not-working ) and found overseas provinces did not seem to count.
    I recall being limited in my extension by too much colonies as England/GB for the 5.1 patch (but, now you're pointing the fact, t'was the 5.1 february patch...). Thus, it may be a bug now.
    I'll start a castillan game soon and willl tell you more about this

First Lieutenant
    Europa Universalis: Chronicles

im playing bohemia and im emperor, i just finished a succesful war to PU poland and now i need to get to like me, but gifting them is very expensive and unefficient. is there a way i could get them into the empire so i could bestow imperial grace on them?

Quote Originally Posted by nitman View Post
    im playing bohemia and im emperor, i just finished a succesful war to PU poland and now i need to get to like me, but gifting them is very expensive and unefficient. is there a way i could get them into the empire so i could bestow imperial grace on them?
    If the player is the emperor the AI is coded to never attempt to join.
    -Ruanek

Cities in Motion 2EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Ojibwa (EU3), Thunder Bay (V2), Nipigon (HOI3)
    Is there any particular reason why the stability slider is locked onto 0? It's taking years for the stability to go up by a bit, and every time my stability goes up I get a -1 stability event. My economy is ruined and my revolt risks are very high. I would love to spend all my investments on stability, but I can't because the slider is stuck on 0.

Quote Originally Posted by yqt1001 View Post
    Is there any particular reason why the stability slider is locked onto 0? It's taking years for the stability to go up by a bit, and every time my stability goes up I get a -1 stability event. My economy is ruined and my revolt risks are very high. I would love to spend all my investments on stability, but I can't because the slider is stuck on 0.
    If you right click on a slider it will lock at its position and turn grey. Right click again to unlock it.
    -Ruanek

Cities in Motion 2EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Ojibwa (EU3), Thunder Bay (V2), Nipigon (HOI3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruanek View Post
    If you right click on a slider it will lock at its position and turn grey. Right click again to unlock it.
    Ah! Thanks!

Second Lieutenant gunfirinmaniac's Avatar
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Quote Originally Posted by CemXen View Post
    Hi all,

In the game, the colonization maximum distance is determined from the closest province (with core and harbor). Do you know if it is possible to add one more condition (like region = europe , or better, oversea = no) ?? If so, in which file ?

Also, do you know if there is any possibility to lower the cost of generals/admirals ?

Thx
    It's also based on naval tech. But I think it is hardcoded? Don't know for sure.
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by CemXen View Post
    You can change the range with naval tech or modifiers but can't change what it's based on.
    I don't know of any way; the way around this though is to use a mod with events/decisions to create leaders.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

How do France become Rev. France ?

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

By having a revolution.
    How is trade range calculated? from nearest owned province? nearest core?
    no more unfinished IN AAR's

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by DieMuecke View Post
    How do France become Rev. France ?
    More specifically, through the chain of events started by this one. These events can happen to any country but only France changes its name and flag.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Thanks a lot

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by KroganElite View Post
    ... I'm currently in a war with Hausa(looks like portugese color near my african colonies). They have 2 slave+1 ivory province near the coast and the rest are grain. Is it worth just annexing them? Will it ever be profitable? Does the huge spike in stability cost just now worth it? Thanks in advance for the advice.

edit: also I have a free national idea. I currently have QFNW and National Banks. I don't need money right now, so which one should I take?
    That part of Africa will never yield you much profit. Go for the cape region and, even more profitable, for the caribbean islands instead.

National trade policy, millitary drill or church attendence duty. Giving you either more profit, more bang or more stability (and gilded iconography, which is awesome).

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    I'd go against National Trade Policy and go for Military Drill or Church Attendance Duty. If you plan on fighting a lot in the next fifty years or so, Military Drill is the way to go. Otherwise, go for Church Attendance Duty and then take the religious decision "Gilded Iconography" that was mentioned above. After that, hire advisers as your cultural tradition goes up.

Winner of Best Gameplay AAR (EU 1-3) Q3 2011
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 6/26/11; 9/2/2013

"i don't like ppl coyping me" - iwanow

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagicka
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2

Is there a way to help increase the spread of the reformation other than conquering others with the religious conversion war demand? ie, a peaceful way to get countries to convert or increase the speed that provinces convert at? Also, can the reformation change the religion in animist provinces that were annexed?

+ Reply to Thread