+ Reply to Thread
Page 344 of 601 FirstFirst ... 244 269 294 319 334 342 343 344 345 346 354 369 394 419 444 ... LastLast
Results 6,861 to 6,880 of 12014

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xploring View Post
    What does Enact Settlement Policy do?
    Change the province's culture to yours.
    And what are the benefits of converting provinces to religion of your own?
    More income and manpower, less revolt risk.

When you diplo-annex provinces without having core in them, do you get to keep the existing buildings in them?
    Not in unmodded DW, no.
    Is there any way to find out the age and stat of AI's rulers/generals/heirs and infamy and other important info about AI's countries without using a spy...
    * Rulers: Yes, hover mouse of ruler's name
    *Generals: Yes, there's a ledger page for it
    * Heirs: I think no
    * Infamy: Yes, hover mouse over the describing line ("They have a tarnished reputation" etc)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aramael View Post
    When applying modifiers to monthly income, do the multiply or add?
    Add.
    For example, a province has a non-accepted culture (-30%) and a different religion (-30% again). Does this end up being -60% (i.e. 0.4 * base tax) or -51% (0.7 * 0.7 * base tax)? If the former, I presume it doesn't go below zero?
    -60%, and correct.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Junuxx View Post
    Add. -60%, and correct.
    Thanks! You've been busy lately; of course, it's way too cold to step outside right now.
    I want to be more like the person my dog thinks I am

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations

If you are at +3 stab, are you still paying any stab costs? Or is the stab cost listed in province windows the (monthly? yearly?) cost of regaining stability?

Liberté, egalité, fraternité StephenT's Avatar
    Cities in MotionDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by cotwell View Post
    If you are at +3 stab, are you still paying any stab costs?
    No.

As I understand it, the province stab cost is the total cost of gaining a level of stability (added together over all your provinces, and possibly with a multiplier applied to it as well). So if the total cost is 2000 and your budget is 20 per month, it'll take 100 months to get the level back.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

How do I take screenshots, and then where do I find them?

Quote Originally Posted by Edlar89 View Post
    How do I take screenshots, and then where do I find them?
    F11. They're in the Screenshots directory of your EU3 folder.

So basically if my empire is bigger I need to prefer quanity over quality, right? so I can take more troops and handle the peeps on my borders.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by rinuseuropa View Post
    So basically if my empire is bigger I need to prefer quanity over quality, right? so I can take more troops and handle the peeps on my borders.
    Not exactly. I think most people feel that quality is better in most cases. That discussion is really one for a separate thread though (and there have been many). Personally I mostly go quantity for role-playing reasons with countries like Muscovy/Russia.
    Some relatively recent threads:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ity-is-awesome!
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...y-over-quality
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ty-vs.-Quality
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ad-and-discuss
    Last edited by jdrou; 03-02-2012 at 00:29.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Quick Question... how do you change country names?

So they appear on the map when you zoom out. I found that longer country names look better and I have a couple things I need to change =P

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Camtheman View Post
    Quick Question... how do you change country names?

So they appear on the map when you zoom out. I found that longer country names look better and I have a couple things I need to change =P
    The "localisation" folder in the game directory will contain a file called "text". Open it with a spreadsheet program, use the Find command to go to your nation's name, then change it to what you want. Have fun. (Do NOT change the three-letter tag at the far left)

Winner of Best Gameplay AAR (EU 1-3) Q3 2011
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 6/26/11; 9/2/2013

"i don't like ppl coyping me" - iwanow

Quote Originally Posted by xploring View Post
    What does Enact Settlement Policy do? And what are the benefits of converting provinces to religion of your own?
    Increases the chance to change the culture of a province to your national culture. Converting provinces to your national religion (and culture) removes certain penalties that decrease your income, increase revolt risk, and the like-almost always a good idea. Not that having high tolerance numbers through NIs, decisons, and govt type can also reduce/eliminate these penalties

When you diplo-annex provinces without having core in them, do you get to keep the existing buildings in them? Is there any way to find out the age and stat of AI's rulers/generals/heirs and infamy and other important info about AI's countries without using a spy...
    Assuming you have DW

No (except forts), ruler stats are available by clicking on any enemy owned province (look for stars at top left of the province info panel), generals can be found in the ledger around page 5 or 6 (leaders of the world), heir name (but not stats) can be found by mousing over the ruler's name (also shows who they have royal marriages with if applicable), infamy is on ledger pg 1, some other info is available in the ledger as well. You can also get information about other nation's provinces by having a unit/province adjacent to that province (or an ally's unit/province)

Change the province's culture to yours.
    More income and manpower, less revolt risk.

Not in unmodded DW, no.

* Rulers: Yes, hover mouse of ruler's name
    *Generals: Yes, there's a ledger page for it
    * Heirs: I think no
    * Infamy: Yes, hover mouse over the describing line ("They have a tarnished reputation" etc)
    Quote Originally Posted by brifbates View Post
    Increases the chance to change the culture of a province to your national culture. Converting provinces to your national religion (and culture) removes certain penalties that decrease your income, increase revolt risk, and the like-almost always a good idea. Not that having high tolerance numbers through NIs, decisons, and govt type can also reduce/eliminate these penalties

Assuming you have DW

No (except forts), ruler stats are available by clicking on any enemy owned province (look for stars at top left of the province info panel), generals can be found in the ledger around page 5 or 6 (leaders of the world), heir name (but not stats) can be found by mousing over the ruler's name (also shows who they have royal marriages with if applicable), infamy is on ledger pg 1, some other info is available in the ledger as well. You can also get information about other nation's provinces by having a unit/province adjacent to that province (or an ally's unit/province)
    Thank you! I will take a closer look at the ledger then.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme Unction View Post
    F11. They're in the Screenshots directory of your EU3 folder.
    There is no Screenshots folder

EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneImpireMagicka
    March of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Try taking a screenshot with F11 and then look again

Blog Entries
    If you use Steam, it's C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\europa universalis iii\Screenshots

If you use Steam, it's C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\europa universalis iii\Screenshots
    No I'm not using Steam.

No I'm not using Steam.
    Just search for save games (using windows?) in the search function on the start menu

Always come up file names like venice+year etc. (Need at least 5 save games for them to show up at all)

Then right click and find the folder they are in.

EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneImpireMagicka
    March of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Actually smart people don't keep steam on the C:

This may be a quick question: There is a search tool to find a province, but how do you find a country? If it happens to have a province with a same/similar name, then it's no problem, otherwise, I'm searching all over the friggin' map. When I get a message from a country, I would like to go check them out, see who their allies and enemies are, etc.

+ Reply to Thread