+ Reply to Thread
Page 343 of 602 FirstFirst ... 243 268 293 318 333 341 342 343 344 345 353 368 393 418 443 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,860 of 12029

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

Liberté, egalité, fraternité StephenT's Avatar
    Cities in MotionDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by 24jel View Post
    can you then determine which stack you want to reinforce?
    Look at the outliner - the order the stacks are listed in there is the order in which they'll reinforce. You can't affect it yourself - though if you don't mind micromanagement you can transfer individual regiments into or out of the first-listed army to make them reinforce faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Simato View Post
    Quick Question: How can I get rid of "Times of trouble"? I hate my Russia with 5 rebellions a week
    You just have to wait. Appointing a Statesman advisor will make the Time of Troubles end faster, and so will keeping your Stability maxed out; but on average it will last about 10 years.

Sergeant
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by StephenT View Post
    Look at the outliner - the order the stacks are listed in there is the order in which they'll reinforce. You can't affect it yourself - though if you don't mind micromanagement you can transfer individual regiments into or out of the first-listed army to make them reinforce faster.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by StephenT View Post
    You just have to wait. Appointing a Statesman advisor will make the Time of Troubles end faster, and so will keeping your Stability maxed out; but on average it will last about 10 years.
    It lasts for more than 40 years now -_-'

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen View Post
    If they don't lose elector status in a few months, I'd say yeah, its a bug.
    Considering they've been gone from the map for a good five years or so, I guess it's a bug then.
    Reasons Why You Should Play Any Character in CK2
    Current playthrough(s): n/a, undecided
    generalolaf: 5/3/1, age: 17. No Legal Heir. Religion in province: Protestant. 100 Legitimacy, 30 Prestige, 0 Power Projection.
    Government: Constitutional Monarchy. Diplomatic Ideas (3), Religious Ideas (2), Administrative Ideas (0). 1 free advisor slot (Skill 1 Master of Mint, Skill 3 Theologian). Diplomatic Relations: 5/7 (Alliance; Guaranteed)

""Somehow the Neapolitans landed in Ireland -" That's very poor strategy on their side. Everybody know that pizza goes better with lager beer." - Victor Cortez

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations

Anybody know a good thread on acquiring a CoT? Seems I remember seeing one a few months ago. I've grabbed most of North America and some of the Carribean islands, but haven't noticed a new CoT to try. (Maybe it's there and I haven't paid enough attention?)

EDIT: never mind. Found info at http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Trading
    Last edited by cotwell; 31-01-2012 at 00:13.

Whats the fastest way to join the HRE when you grew to big? I did not know about the AI denying any request if you are too big compared to the emperor. That's why I thought I can go like

1. form Prussia
    2. form Germany
    3. join HRE
    4. form HRE

now its like 1475, I'm still TO and I'm 4 provinces bigger than Bohemia. Any suggestions how to join the HRE the quickest way?

@Ksyi
    Once you have formed Prussia (and hence have a monarch), you can become emporer yourself, even without joining the HRE. As emporer, you can join the empire without problems. The electors probably won't want to vote for you as an outsider, but if you vassalize them, they will.

So an elector can vote for an emperor who is NOT in the HRE? And therefore joins the HRE?

@Ksyi
    Every christian monarch is eligible to be voted for. Becoming the emporer doesn't mean you are now a member of the HRE, but it means you can join your provinces adjacent to HRE provinces without anyone stopping you. Once your capital is part of the HRE, you are a HRE member.

Got it. Thanks for your patience

CK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV

Speaking of vassalizing the electors: Does it just add a flat 200 "points" bonus to who gets their vote or does it affect other things too, like overwrite having the wrong religion and such? I'm under the impression it does, since 200 points aren't that much yet they still tend to vote for me.

Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arimahn View Post
    Speaking of vassalizing the electors: Does it just add a flat 200 "points" bonus to who gets their vote or does it affect other things too, like overwrite having the wrong religion and such? I'm under the impression it does, since 200 points aren't that much yet they still tend to vote for me.
    Yep, vassals will in fact vote for heretics. Also, if they joined you in wars against your main adversaries, they will tend to have -200 relations with the other candidates, massively increasing your advantage.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations

On the economic summary page of the ledger, is the figure reported as income the total of monthly + census tax?

Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    I think it's 12 times monthly income plus the yearly tax in Divine Wind. Used to be just monthly income.

Edit: It's still calculated the old way for the Income graph in the ledger (page 25 I believe)
    Last edited by Junuxx; 02-02-2012 at 01:39.

Sergeant
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quick Question: When you own a province without a core you gain only a small percentage of the taxes, 10% or something; is this correct? When the provinces become core provinces, what tax is then affected? I had +/- 15 provinces that become core and my anual income only went up with 15 ducats a year. Thing is, though, all these provinces were overseas - in North America - is it just that these provinces contribute far less tax-wise?

Overseas provinces give money through tariffs (which require a navy) - they cap at 1 for tax.

Click image for larger version

Name:	eu3map ex.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	570.6 KB
ID:	46601 Um how do you get pictures like these where the map is scanned like that? Sorry if this was already asked, but I don't feel like going through 343 pages looking for the solution. Thanks. I found these pictures here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...es-Empire-Here

Quote Originally Posted by thek826 View Post
    Attachment 46601 Um how do you get pictures like these where the map is scanned like that? Sorry if this was already asked, but I don't feel like going through 343 pages looking for the solution. Thanks. I found these pictures here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...es-Empire-Here
    F12. It ends up in the EU3 screenshots folder. If you just want you and your vassals, then hit Shift+F12.
    Happy thoughts, happy thoughts...

OH GOD! RUN!

What does Enact Settlement Policy do? And what are the benefits of converting provinces to religion of your own?

When you diplo-annex provinces without having core in them, do you get to keep the existing buildings in them? Is there any way to find out the age and stat of AI's rulers/generals/heirs and infamy and other important info about AI's countries without using a spy...

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

When applying modifiers to monthly income, do the multiply or add? For example, a province has a non-accepted culture (-30%) and a different religion (-30% again). Does this end up being -60% (i.e. 0.4 * base tax) or -51% (0.7 * 0.7 * base tax)? If the former, I presume it doesn't go below zero?
    I want to be more like the person my dog thinks I am

+ Reply to Thread