+ Reply to Thread
Page 342 of 601 FirstFirst ... 242 267 292 317 332 340 341 342 343 344 352 367 392 417 442 ... LastLast
Results 6,821 to 6,840 of 12014

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

Quote Originally Posted by tamius23 View Post
    1. What determines whether you get in a war or not with a neighbouring (non-horde, eg. Poland) country? There are plenty of countries for which I haven't a truce with, and border, yet I am not at war with them.
    Possibly they're paying you tribute?

Major
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneSword of the Stars500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I'm having trouble getting Milan out of the empire. What do I have to do?

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Ratlegion View Post
    I'm having trouble getting Milan out of the empire. What do I have to do?
    If you're playing as Milan, you just bring up the HRE electors screen and click "Leave HRE". If you aren't, the AI pretty much never leaves the HRE, so you'll have to make your peace with that.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Be sure to check out the winners! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Major
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneSword of the Stars500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Excellent, thanks, I see it now. I thought it was an option used through the capitol province menu.

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme Unction View Post
    Possibly they're paying you tribute?
    How strange - I was under the impression that tribute lasts for five years, but it seems to take longer than that. For how long, exactly, will they be paying me tribute?

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSword of the StarsKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

How strange - I was under the impression that tribute lasts for five years, but it seems to take longer than that. For how long, exactly, will they be paying me tribute?
    up until the point when they go bankrupt OR when they decide that you're now weak enough to DoW you without Casus Belli

Though the tribute of a horde paying a 'civilised' nation does last only 5 years

50 games registered

Achtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDungeonlandEast India CompanyEast India Company Collection
    Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    GettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    King Arthur IILead and GoldLegioLeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    Majesty 2Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black Plague
    Pirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the RosesPride of Nations500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IV

If I am the HRE Emperor and I turn my form of government from monarchy to republic, would I lose my position as Emperor? And, the most important question: Would we have elections every time I get a new president of my republic? That would mean that I could get +10 authority every 4 years if it works that way, huh?
    Sine anime nihil sumus

"Global COT gravity +30"

What does that mean exactly? (merchant republic bonus)

Sergeant
    Europa Universalis: Chronicles

How can I disable the Unlawful Imperial Territory penalty? I can't find it in \events\.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Narestel View Post
    If I am the HRE Emperor and I turn my form of government from monarchy to republic, would I lose my position as Emperor? And, the most important question: Would we have elections every time I get a new president of my republic? That would mean that I could get +10 authority every 4 years if it works that way, huh?
    You would lose it unless you have already passed Erbkaisertum, in which case you dont get the bonus for retaining the Emperor title.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicler View Post
    "Global COT gravity +30"

What does that mean exactly? (merchant republic bonus)
    That your cots are more attractive to trade through. Attraction is mostly determined by distance, and also influenced (I think) by relations and prestige.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhand View Post
    How can I disable the Unlawful Imperial Territory penalty? I can't find it in \events\.
    See common\event_modifiers.txt, line 2368.

Sergeant
    Europa Universalis: Chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Junuxx View Post
    See common\event_modifiers.txt, line 2368
    Thanks.

Blog Entries
    That's for the revolt risk, tax and manpower effects. The badboy part is hardcoded I think. But you could remove A Formal Request (event 6007, events\RandomProvinceEvents.txt) to stop the emperor from demanding the provinces.

Playing as the Teutonic Order it seems no matter how much I cuddle up to the HRE Electors i'm always at -1000 vote chance and it states i'm not eligible to become Emperor - is this something I can resolve or are Religious Orders not able to become Emperor?

Blog Entries
    As you suspected, it's your form of government. Theocracies, republics and queens cannot be elected Emperor.

I've a couple of questions. I'm playing the Golden Horde.

1. What determines whether you get in a war or not with a neighbouring (non-horde, eg. Poland) country? There are plenty of countries for which I haven't a truce with, and border, yet I am not at war with them.
    2. Why do countries that declare independence from me get an truce with the human player, but none of the AI countries?
    1) If the non-horde nation is paying tribute the horde does not auto-wardec (nothing to gain basically). Also if there is a tribal succession crisis going on you don't automatically wardec. At least that's what I recall from the manual.

2) Huh? if they declare independence from you it should put you at war with them, not truce. I believe (but could be wrong) that other nations will have a truce with them if they have been at war within the last 5 years and not if they haven't so if you quickly lose a province it may have truces but generally you will have held provinces long enough for all truce timers to expire.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

In my Tuscan game, I'm trying to disband the HRE - and have made good progress toward doing so - yet I have one small problem: Gelre is listed as a still independent elector (when hovering over the "Disband HRE" button). Considering they have been wiped off of the map, which is proven by the "this nation may be released from this province" in Gelre province, this is as you can imagine a significant problem. What might be causing this?

If it's a bug, that's fine. I have a workaround involving spies and Nationalist rebels.
    Reasons Why You Should Play Any Character in CK2
    Current playthrough(s): n/a, undecided
    generalolaf: 5/3/1, age: 17. No Legal Heir. Religion in province: Protestant. 100 Legitimacy, 30 Prestige, 0 Power Projection.
    Government: Constitutional Monarchy. Diplomatic Ideas (3), Religious Ideas (2), Administrative Ideas (0). 1 free advisor slot (Skill 1 Master of Mint, Skill 3 Theologian). Diplomatic Relations: 5/7 (Alliance; Guaranteed)

""Somehow the Neapolitans landed in Ireland -" That's very poor strategy on their side. Everybody know that pizza goes better with lager beer." - Victor Cortez

Additional icons required Demi Moderator pevergreen's Avatar
    54 games registered

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

If they don't lose elector status in a few months, I'd say yeah, its a bug.

Sergeant
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quick Question: I was fighting a long and difficult war with Burgundy which I had allowed to blob into a kingdom with a tad too much power, so I wanted to stop them. The war was going good, with cautious tactics I won battles but with all the reinforcements my manpower was soon depleted. It seems that reinforcing when manpower is very low, the game only reinforces one single stack at a time - which is fine by me, but can you then determine which stack you want to reinforce? Especially when it comes to stacks overseas, who then don't get reinforcements for months - or in this case years.

Quick Question: How can I get rid of "Times of trouble"? I hate my Russia with 5 rebellions a week

+ Reply to Thread