+ Reply to Thread
Page 336 of 601 FirstFirst ... 236 261 286 311 326 334 335 336 337 338 346 361 386 411 436 ... LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,720 of 12014

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Ahhh makes lots of sense to both my questions, thank you Narestel and Simberto. :-)
    No, I'm not a tree-hugging, granola-eating, hippy-daisy-wearing marshmallow of a creampuff - Scocou.

As EU4 isn't the game for peaceful internal development, I suggest that you use that money to put boots in exotic places... - Knul

Quote Originally Posted by Nim2 View Post
    Is this a known vanilla thing or D&T ? Basically there is a war going since 1417 ( it is now 1556) between Portugal, England etc. vs. Mameluks and a few others. Mameluks and allies are completely occupied, all by England but neither Portugal as war leader nor England has made peace. Hmm, loaded as Portugal and can't make peace. Is this because this is listed as 2nd crusade vs. Morocco which doesn't exist anymore ? What can I do about this ?
    Sounds like England became junior in a union with Portugal (or someone else allied in the war) so they can't make a peace and since England did all the occupying Portugal is reluctant to make peace because they won't get much. Or same thing except with Portugal becoming the lesser partner, England won't make a seperate peace when winning because it would potentially screw their partner and Portugal can't make peace as lesser partner in a war with their senior partner.

50 games registered

Achtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDungeonlandEast India CompanyEast India Company Collection
    Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    GettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    King Arthur IILead and GoldLegioLeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    Majesty 2Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black Plague
    Pirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the RosesPride of Nations500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IV

How do you create cores with spies? I've heard about it but I'm not sure to have seen the option...

And are there other ways to get cores and/or speed up getting cores? (Apart from being lucky to get the random 'Border friction' and so)
    Sine anime nihil sumus

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations

Sorry I don't have an answer for you, Narestel. Only another question. What affects a ruler's legitimacy most? I started a war with 97% or so legit. and had to raise war taxes because of cascading alliances. Anyway, ended up maxing out my manpower and when my target made peace, my ruler had 0% legitimacy. WE at something like 3/17, iirc.

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Narestel View Post
    How do you create cores with spies? I've heard about it but I'm not sure to have seen the option...

And are there other ways to get cores and/or speed up getting cores? (Apart from being lucky to get the random 'Border friction' and so)
    Spies can't create cores, except for very indirectly (Fabricate Claims in HRE or on a country in your culture group, in which case you'll get cores upon inheritance.)

Boundary disputes give you cores, not border friction, but that's the easiest way to get bonus cores. Some missions give them, a few decisions do (unification ones mostly). You can get more boundary disputes by increasing diplomatic skill; another person could confirm this, but the diplo bonus from advisors and spheres of influence SHOULD increase the chances of getting them. I don't think it's based off of raw diplo score.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Be sure to check out the winners! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Liberté, egalité, fraternité StephenT's Avatar
    Cities in MotionDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
    Spies can't create cores, except for very indirectly.
    Spies used to be able to create cores, back in vanilla and NA, using the Fabricate Claims mission. It was taken out of the game in the In Nomine expansion because it was way too overpowered.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

Would you please help me to understand one thing, how come is that possible my Hesse didn`t get cores on Brunswick after a successful PU (integrate)? I thought I`ll get them after integration - is it because of different culture (but same culture group)?
    emotions and anger are characterized by honesty!

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSword of the StarsKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Zaferbey View Post
    Would you please help me to understand one thing, how come is that possible my Hesse didn`t get cores on Brunswick after a successful PU (integrate)? I thought I`ll get them after integration - is it because of different culture (but same culture group)?
    Integration doesn't give you cores. Only "natural" inheritance does.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

Thanks for an answer but what you mean "natural"? After 50 years of being owned?

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSword of the StarsKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Zaferbey View Post
    Thanks for an answer but what you mean "natural"? After 50 years of being owned?
    Once you have a PU every new monarch (regency councils included) has a chance of inheriting the already PU-ed countries - however it is not known what are the exact factors for this to happen, so it can be your very next monarch but also you could have a dozen of them for centuries without any inheritance.

O.K. that`s what I want to know, thanks for help and explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by cotwell View Post
    Sorry I don't have an answer for you, Narestel. Only another question. What affects a ruler's legitimacy most? I started a war with 97% or so legit. and had to raise war taxes because of cascading alliances. Anyway, ended up maxing out my manpower and when my target made peace, my ruler had 0% legitimacy. WE at something like 3/17, iirc.
    Number of royal marriages- +.5/year legitimacy each
    Royal palace- +1 legitimacy/year
    trade in chinawares- +3? (I think, playing a republic atm :/) /year legitimacy

war exhaustion and being a regency council subtract legitimacy. Regency is -4%/year. WE is a proportional loss

I think prestige also has an effect that scales as a + or - with your value.

Is there a way to see tech group ingame? I'm still trying to find out if vassals I release will share my tech group or not.

I'm playing DW 5.1, but I haven't been able to leave the Holy Roman Empire as Holland or Savoy or Brandenburg, even after I ticked the Emperor off enough to stop me being an elector. This is really annoying as the BB from unlawful territory is killing my chances of forming Germany, the Netherlands or Italy.

Anybody know how a non-elector can leave the empire?

Quote Originally Posted by Laurellien View Post
    I'm playing DW 5.1, but I haven't been able to leave the Holy Roman Empire as Holland or Savoy or Brandenburg, even after I ticked the Emperor off enough to stop me being an elector. This is really annoying as the BB from unlawful territory is killing my chances of forming Germany, the Netherlands or Italy.

"Leave HRE"? >_>.

Elven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II Collection

Use a Magistrate and remove your capital province from the HRE with the provincial decision.

Open the HRE interface, bottom left is leave HRE button-when you mouse over it it will tell you what happens (you'll lose any unlawful territory you have at the time)

Quote Originally Posted by TAMBOURINESNAKE View Post
    Use a Magistrate and remove your capital province from the HRE with the provincial decision.
    Have to be a non-member for the province decision to be available.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicler View Post
    Is there a way to see tech group ingame? I'm still trying to find out if vassals I release will share my tech group or not.
    As far as I know you can only see your own tech group (on the budget screen).

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicler View Post
    Best you can do in-game is look at the advisor page in the ledger.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

+ Reply to Thread