+ Reply to Thread
Page 327 of 601 FirstFirst ... 227 252 277 302 317 325 326 327 328 329 337 352 377 402 427 ... LastLast
Results 6,521 to 6,540 of 12015

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

3 questions:

1. How can you tell your WE and how much you're burning off when you're at peace

2. Is the only way to know the number of cannons in a fleet by counting or does the UI tell you when you're over 5k?

3. Related to the above: What ship type gives the most bang for buck?

Thanks!
    Happy thoughts, happy thoughts...

OH GOD! RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by zwitterion117 View Post
    3 questions:

1. How can you tell your WE and how much you're burning off when you're at peace

2. Is the only way to know the number of cannons in a fleet by counting or does the UI tell you when you're over 5k?

3. Related to the above: What ship type gives the most bang for buck?

Thanks!
    1) Your WE is displayed in your military screen, hover your mouse over it to see how much it is getting reduced/increased, and for what reason

2) Yes. But that is usually only a simple multiplication.

3) Big Ships usually. Especially considering that they use up the least amount of Naval Force Limits for the bang.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

I have a 100% victory over Kazan as Russia. How do I add them to my country? Can't annex..

Second Lieutenant
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneMagicka500k club

Quote Originally Posted by RedInsignia View Post
    I have a 100% victory over Kazan as Russia. How do I add them to my country? Can't annex..
    As Kazan is nomad you can't demand annexation.
    If you want the territories you have to send colonist ,when the colony population reach more then 1000 inhabitants the province will defects for your country.
    My recommendation take the better ones for you and demand tribute.

Can a Swiss play with an american on multiplayer. If not why? Are there problems because the language? The swiss ( me ) has the german version of eu3 chronicles and my partner from America the english version . Can be this a problem for multiplayer?

Im sure this has been asked before but... Playing as France (first game) and ive waited the decade in order to diplo-annex my vassals. But it's "unlikely" they will agree, and if they do, it'll take another decade to annex the next down the line. Is it gonna take about one and a half centuries (force-vassalized burgundy, brittany) to annex my vassals? Or are there any shortcuts? Thanks in advance.
    When i'm in the streets all i hear is YAWK YAWK YAWK

Quote Originally Posted by ilikesushi View Post
    Im sure this has been asked before but... Playing as France (first game) and ive waited the decade in order to diplo-annex my vassals. But it's "unlikely" they will agree, and if they do, it'll take another decade to annex the next down the line. Is it gonna take about one and a half centuries (force-vassalized burgundy, brittany) to annex my vassals? Or are there any shortcuts? Thanks in advance.
    Any time you want you can do the following (at 1 month intervals and assuming you aren't currently allied at war, ruled by a regency, or the junior partner in a personal union): cancel alliance with vassal, cancel vassalization, declare war using reconquest CB to conquer vassal lands for 0 infamy (assuming it is one of the original French vassals and you haven't lost any cores).

I'll usually diploannex the 2 or 3 biggest or with the worst terrain for fighting and just smash the others.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by madkytle View Post
    Can a Swiss play with an american on multiplayer. If not why? Are there problems because the language? The swiss ( me ) has the german version of eu3 chronicles and my partner from America the english version . Can be this a problem for multiplayer?
    Language shouldn't matter. The critical thing would be that all players must have the same version & checksum value on the main menu screen.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

we have the same ..... what can be problems too . this is so stupid. btw did we see our versions? (i mean for the language) and can a mac play with a windows?

I'm wondering about these strange missions you get as sertain countries. For instance the Austrian mission to vassilize Burgundy.. That's litterally impossible from the get go as even with the CB, you need a 150%+ peace deal... What's the thought behind this? Are you supposed to chip them down, eating 4 infamy hits? You'll lose the CB before you can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Euronyme View Post
    I'm wondering about these strange missions you get as sertain countries. For instance the Austrian mission to vassilize Burgundy.. That's litterally impossible from the get go as even with the CB, you need a 150%+ peace deal... What's the thought behind this? Are you supposed to chip them down, eating 4 infamy hits? You'll lose the CB before you can do that.
    Hmm really? In my experience the subjugate ones (form personal union), always end in under 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicler View Post
    Hmm really? In my experience the subjugate ones (form personal union), always end in under 100%.
    That's because Burgundy usually dies early on so by the time you meet the mission's requirements (having more provinces than burgundy) it's usually small enough to vassalize in under 100% WS with a 50% cost CB.

Also, PUs never cost over 100% WS: the cost of forming a PU isn't related to country size.

Quote Originally Posted by Euronyme View Post
    It's possible; just occupy them until the cost goes down to 100%. Should take maybe 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by stnikolauswagne View Post
    Firstly, it has to be that way, positioning (the value which reduces your effective cannons) is calculated during the battle so actually splitting up your fleet would not help (if it would you should just stop stacking units). You also have to understand that you don't only get the penalities after 5k cannons, you get them from the beginning on, 5k cannons only marks the point where you have the most cannons actively firing. IIRC every 100 cannons decrease your positioning by 1%, meaning by the time you reach 5k cannons you have 2500 active cannons, when you have 5100 just 2499 and so on. This value is decreased by your leaders maneouver (sp?) stat though.
    So if i understand you correct so when you have 5000 cannons in a fleet could win over a fleet with 50000 because they are unactive?

Habsburger with Cheese hitchens's Avatar
    EU3 Complete

Austria! Where do they get their magic powers from?
    At a certain point of time, austria starts blobbing and when I examine them they are 10-15 ahead of everyone else in land and government tech and they just start eating through central Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by hitchens View Post
    At a certain point of time, austria starts blobbing and when I examine them they are 10-15 ahead of everyone else in land and government tech and they just start eating through central Europe.
    they are called Hapsburg

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by madkytle View Post
    we have the same ..... what can be problems too . this is so stupid. btw did we see our versions? (i mean for the language) and can a mac play with a windows?
    Not sure about the MacOS version but I think that should work too with the same checksum.
    Best place to ask questions regarding MP is in the MP forum though.
    I would include more information too: exactly what problem are you seeing? Is there an error message? Are you trying to use the Paradox Metaserver or one of the virtual private network programs or something else?
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Quote Originally Posted by hitchens View Post
    Good missions, good decisions, lots of gold, and everybody loves them by default which results in lots of PUs.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Frax View Post
    So if i understand you correct so when you have 5000 cannons in a fleet could win over a fleet with 50000 because they are unactive?
    exactly, even when you have 0 cannons in a fleet you would win against such a gigantic armada, thats why there are tons of screenshots of 1 galley winning against 200 big ships in the strange screenshots thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Frax View Post
    they are called Hapsburg
    Actually, they are called von Habsburg. It's a b, not a p.

As far as i know, the only relevant thing for multiplayer is the checksum, which is displayed on the lower left corner of the starting screen, and should be BJLT for the newest version of the game. It changes if you resign, however, so you might need to restart the game after you do something like that. Language files do not change the checksum, but any modding at all does.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewt View Post
    That's because Burgundy usually dies early on so by the time you meet the mission's requirements (having more provinces than burgundy) it's usually small enough to vassalize in under 100% WS with a 50% cost CB.

Also, PUs never cost over 100% WS: the cost of forming a PU isn't related to country size.

It's possible; just occupy them until the cost goes down to 100%. Should take maybe 20 years.
    First of all - I wasn't talking about PUs, but about the vassilation missions you get for some countries.
    Won't you white peace automatically if you just occupy them for that long? How do you go around that?

+ Reply to Thread