+ Reply to Thread
Page 322 of 601 FirstFirst ... 222 247 272 297 312 320 321 322 323 324 332 347 372 397 422 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,440 of 12012

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

Quote Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
    If you annex every country in the HRE, logically, there is no more HRE. If you vassalize them all, there's still an HRE, but they might vote for you as Emperor.
    I'll rephrase: What happens to the Empire if I annex/vassalize the hereditary Emperor?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

How does AI work with HRE? I mean can AI controlled country like Venice or Poland join HRE if they can't, can I program some countries join HRE and how would I do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Chlodio View Post
    How does AI work with HRE? I mean can AI controlled country like Venice or Poland join HRE if they can't, can I program some countries join HRE and how would I do that?
    You open Europa Universalis III\decisions\HRE.txt and try to understand how the first decision works. If you want to allow all countries to join, you have to change this part:
    Code:
    emperor = { ai = no } # Simply do not want to join player-controlled HRE
    and you may need to alter this one too:
    Code:
    modifier = {
    				factor = 0 
    				num_of_cities = 5
    			}
    If you only want specific nations to join, the first entry should probably look like this:
    Code:
    emperor = { ai = no } # Simply do not want to join player-controlled HRE
    not = { 
    		tag = TAG
    		tag = TAG
    		tag = TAG
    	}
    The uppercase TAGs have to be replaced by the proper country tags of the country you want to allow.

Achtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDungeonlandEast India CompanyEast India Company Collection
    Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    GettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneImpireKing Arthur II
    Lead and GoldLegioLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaMajesty 2
    Majesty II CollectionNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of Nations500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by stnikolauswagne View Post
    I'd say Adal is the best country to play, they are a despotic monarchy, have a position that is unlikely to be invaded by castille very soon, have access to lots and lots of gold and best of all: You have muslim-tech neighbours, who often get into trouble, thus allowing you to take one of their provinces, which gives you the ability to recruit muslim tech units. With this little trick I managed to beat back naples and Venice while still waiting for a ruler to westernize.
    Ok, thanks to everybody that replied to me!

Then I'll stick with Ethiopia, since it's in the subsaharan technology group, it's quite easy to annex Adal, Swahili and Mutapa and I like the +1 colonist because of being Orthodox and having a reason to be warmongering all of the muslims around Africa (plus, not being declared a religious enemy from the superpowers in Europe, hehe). I'll convert it to a despotic monarchy as soon as I reach lvl 2 in Government.

Quote Originally Posted by Narestel View Post
    Ok, thanks to everybody that replied to me!

Then I'll stick with Ethiopia, since it's in the subsaharan technology group, it's quite easy to annex Adal, Swahili and Mutapa and I like the +1 colonist because of being Orthodox and having a reason to be warmongering all of the muslims around Africa (plus, not being declared a religious enemy from the superpowers in Europe, hehe). I'll convert it to a despotic monarchy as soon as I reach lvl 2 in Government.
    No, you won't. It is not that easy to get out of tribal governments, you need to take a decision at government 10/11 or something like that.

Why did the size of my save file jump to 12 megabytes? (Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I didn't see a bug help thread)

Achtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDungeonlandEast India CompanyEast India Company Collection
    Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Majesty II CollectionNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of Nations500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Simberto View Post
    No, you won't. It is not that easy to get out of tribal governments, you need to take a decision at government 10/11 or something like that.
    Oh, right! According to the wiki: http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Tr...ernment_reform

It's done via decision at Government 10... Thanks for pointing it, Simberto! I think I'll have to start again to do it quicker :-\

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaNarwhal View Post
    Why did the size of my save file jump to 12 megabytes? (Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I didn't see a bug help thread)
    If you register your game in this website (here), you will be able to see the technical support sub-forum. BTW, my savegames are between 10 to 25MB each.

Quote Originally Posted by Narestel View Post
    If you register your game in this website (here), you will be able to see the technical support sub-forum. BTW, my savegames are between 10 to 25MB each.
    Thank you! This happened to the game where I finally formed Ireland, and I got so annoyed by the 2 minute save times.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaNarwhal View Post
    Thank you! This happened to the game where I finally formed Ireland, and I got so annoyed by the 2 minute save times.
    Did it take you 2 minutes to save the file? I think that's not normal, unless your PC is rather old. It takes around 3 seconds for me. If it happens all the time, indeed, I would ask in the technical support section. Oh, and welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Yakyou View Post
    I'll rephrase: What happens to the Empire if I annex/vassalize the hereditary Emperor?
    It bugs out on annexation. REB becomes the Emperor. Vassalization/PU doesn't do anything.

What does the "Start Patrolling" button do on the Navy popup?

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme Unction View Post
    What does the "Start Patrolling" button do on the Navy popup?
    What you would think it does. If you press that button, instead of movement orders, you now give patrol orders, meaning that the fleet will return to the beginning after the movement is finished, and then circle that movement.

um... how to create italy in D&T? Says something about italien claim value that I can't check anywhere

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Blodstyrtning View Post
    um... how to create italy in D&T? Says something about italien claim value that I can't check anywhere
    That would be a question for the mod forum, probably in the D&T thread.

If you have extremely long save times and/or large savegames you may not have installed the 5.1 patch; there was a bug related to achievements that caused this in v5.0.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Simberto View Post
    What you would think it does. If you press that button, instead of movement orders, you now give patrol orders, meaning that the fleet will return to the beginning after the movement is finished, and then circle that movement.
    Very useful to keep pirates at bay. It's safe to have 1 ship per each three sea zones if it's a Carrack, or one ship to four zones if it is a Barque.
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------
    EU3 AAR: Two lions and a yellow background (MPM)

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Can Georgia form the Byzantine Empire in EU III the chronicles? And if so what is required?

Why cant i unpause in a multiplayer game, i was tryin to start a match with a friend and couldnt unpause, it was a lan game if that matters

Quote Originally Posted by RiseFromTheAshz View Post
    Why cant i unpause in a multiplayer game, i was tryin to start a match with a friend and couldnt unpause, it was a lan game if that matters
    The spacebar doesn't work for pause/unpause in multiplayer (probably to avoid the fact that a lot of people who play a lot of Single Player press it without thinking when something important happens), but you can still click the date to unpause or pause it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragassa View Post
    Can Georgia form the Byzantine Empire in EU III the chronicles? And if so what is required?
    Only Greek countries can restore the Byzantine Empire.

Code:
    	restore_byzantine_empire = {
    		potential = {
    			NOT = { exists = BYZ }
    			NOT = { tag = HRE }
    			primary_culture = greek
    			religion = orthodox
    		}
    		allow = 
    		{
    			owns = 151	# Thrace
    			owns = 149	# Edirne
    			owns = 147	# Salonica
    			owns = 148	# Macedonia
    			owns = 146	# Athens
    			owns = 145	# Morea
    			owns = 1773	# Achea
    			owns = 316	# Bithynia
    			owns = 317	# Bursa
    			owns = 318	# Smyrna
    			owns = 1853	# Kozani
    			war = no
    		}

How does local defensiveness exactly work? Also, if a province with lots of e.g. hills has a march and local defensiveness bonus, do these attack penalties stack with each other?

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhatifound View Post
    How does local defensiveness exactly work? Also, if a province with lots of e.g. hills has a march and local defensiveness bonus, do these attack penalties stack with each other?
    Defensiveness has nothing to do with the attack penalties from hills, it somehow effects sieging + maybe assaults. However, it is not exactly clear HOW it does that. There is old information about siege rolls on the wiki, but is extremely easy to proof that that information is wrong, but i have not yet seen an other theory that actually works. So, it somehow slows down sieges, and probably makes assaults harder, but the exact math is not known as far as i know.

+ Reply to Thread