+ Reply to Thread
Page 317 of 600 FirstFirst ... 217 242 267 292 307 315 316 317 318 319 327 342 367 392 417 ... LastLast
Results 6,321 to 6,340 of 11985

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

Quote Originally Posted by spring_onions View Post
    As I remember, you only get the 0 BB for the province that caused this border friction (for having a core on that province) and incur the normal 4 BB in any other province.
    You're confusing Border Friction with Boundary Dispute.

Quote Originally Posted by rustic View Post
    A question about "Border friction" CB:
    I got this CB on Portugal, and as no land is good land until it comes under the benign rule of the king of France, I promptly declared war. I'm certain I managed to select the CB in the DoW menu (no stab drop occurred), yet when I sue for peace a a couple of years later, I still have to take 4 infamy/province for the provinces that were mentioned in the CB tooltip.

Am I missing something or is the CB bugged or glitched in some way?
    Are you certain you selected that CB and you didn't have multiples? Check the war's name.

In addition, are you attempting to annex them? Border Friction won't provide any infamy reduction for annexation.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Pewt View Post
    Are you certain you selected that CB and you didn't have multiples? Check the war's name.
    I didn't have any other CB on them, and I'm sure that I did select a CB when declaring war, so yes, I'm certain. It was the "Second French-Portugese Border War".

In addition, are you attempting to annex them? Border Friction won't provide any infamy reduction for annexation.
    No, I only requested two provinces. The tooltip for the CB listed four provinces as "eligible" for reduced infamy, but as I had to take 4 infamy/province, I only took two of the listed ones.
    "Never underestimate a ruler who can afford to hire all mercenary companies at once."

- Norse medieval proverb

"While you can play as civilizations such as the Aztec Empire, the game is clearly designed to focus on the European powers (which is probably why they didnít call it Every Country is Equally Viable Universalis)."

- PC Gamer review

Quote Originally Posted by Pewt View Post
    You're confusing Border Friction with Boundary Dispute.
    Oh, all this time I really thought they're just the same thing. Gets to show how I don't give enough attention on such CBs....
    Thanks for the correction.

QUICK QUESTION:
    -Where do the "Policy Restrictions" from the RR come from?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by spring_onions View Post
    QUICK QUESTION:
    -Where do the "Policy Restrictions" from the RR come from?
    From being beyond the "limits" on a slider.
    "Never underestimate a ruler who can afford to hire all mercenary companies at once."

- Norse medieval proverb

"While you can play as civilizations such as the Aztec Empire, the game is clearly designed to focus on the European powers (which is probably why they didnít call it Every Country is Equally Viable Universalis)."

- PC Gamer review

What does DOW and PU stand for?

Quote Originally Posted by King Goober View Post
    What does DOW and PU stand for?
    Declaration of War or Declare War. Personal Union.

Is leader skill cap still in the game?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicler View Post
    Is leader skill cap still in the game?
    If you mean the fact that conventional Monarchs can just get 8-8-8 then yes, it is. Leader in the sense of generals are not capped afaik.

Quote Originally Posted by stnikolauswagne View Post
    If you mean the fact that conventional Monarchs can just get 8-8-8 then yes, it is. Leader in the sense of generals are not capped afaik.
    In the past fire, shock and manoeuvre used to be capped at 6 max.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    In the past fire, shock and manoeuvre used to be capped at 6 max.
    Er, yes. Not that you'd need much more than a 6/6/6/2 general anyway.

Winner of Best Gameplay AAR (EU 1-3) Q3 2011
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 6/26/11; 9/2/2013

"i don't like ppl coyping me" - iwanow

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Leviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Can someone remind me the conditions to release a nation as a vassal?
    Playing a Genoa game and got Corfu from Venice but it won't let me release them. I have options to release other nations (Corsica, Styria, etc.).
    The province of Corfu has a tooltip on Corfu's 'core icon' which states this country could be formed from this province and this would be its capital. They have same religion as me since I converted them (Protestant).

I want to burn an infamy point for trade purposes, and a CoT is in Corfu which is penalizing me for not being a core.

Quote Originally Posted by gela1212 View Post
    Er, yes. Not that you'd need much more than a 6/6/6/2 general anyway.
    Could be good vs other players to have ze best =P

Additional icons required Demi Moderator pevergreen's Avatar
    54 games registered

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by KPJ View Post
    Can someone remind me the conditions to release a nation as a vassal?
    Playing a Genoa game and got Corfu from Venice but it won't let me release them. I have options to release other nations (Corsica, Styria, etc.).
    The province of Corfu has a tooltip on Corfu's 'core icon' which states this country could be formed from this province and this would be its capital. They have same religion as me since I converted them (Protestant).

I want to burn an infamy point for trade purposes, and a CoT is in Corfu which is penalizing me for not being a core.
    If they're the wrong culture, you can't release them (province vs Nation)

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSword of the StarsKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen View Post
    If they're the wrong culture, you can't release them (province vs Nation)
    extended version: the primary culture of Corfu is Lombard while the culture of the province is Greek - you cannot release a nation unless it's primary culture matches the culture of the province
    however, these nations can be force-released in peace deals and then the province culture would be their primary culture (in this case you would end up with a Greek cultured Corfu)
    You can call me Dan.

If you want to see my Tripoli (not so) horribly fail... PiRAAtes! Ongoing again. Hopefully.

Darkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesRome GoldVictoria 2Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Somewhat stupid question, but which nations can form the Mughal Empire?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Leviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Thanks pevergreen, Vasziljevics
    I knew it had been a while since I'd played EU3, but that's actually a rule I've never encountered before.

And to pay it forward...
    gll25:
    To become Mughalistan, a country must not be Persia or the Ottoman Empire. Their primary culture must be Altaic or Iranian. They'd have to not be a vassal, and control Jaipur, Panipat, Delhi, Lucknow, and Agra, and have cores there. Leader needs a military score of 6, and country must be at peace.
    If one is a nomad, the conditions are slightly different. They'd still have to not be Persia or the Turks, the primary culture still must be Altaic or Iranian. But they need only control the provinces mentioned above, don't need a core. Nomads can also form Mughalistan by vassalizing Khandesh, Delhi, and Sindh (all other conditions apply, but doesn't require you control any particular provinces if you've vassalized all three).

So, off my head, I think the easiest and most obvious choice is the Timurids (that's how it happened historically as well), though any horde with an Altaic primary culture can do it (even Golden Horde). Non-horde candidates would be Baluchistan and Durrani (I think they have an Iranian culture)... I can't think of who else.
    Best you load a 1399 (or anywhere) start, load up a local nation (Delhi, Timurids) and see who has the correct primary culture.

Restricted access until e-mail confirmed
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles

Does my EU3 (chronicle) support 64-bit windows 7?
    I was trying to run it (updated to 5.1). The game froze at the map initializing stage (just before the main manu supposed to pop out, I believe) at first run.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by hydrazine View Post
    Does my EU3 (chronicle) support 64-bit windows 7?
    I was trying to run it (updated to 5.1). The game froze at the map initializing stage (just before the main manu supposed to pop out, I believe) at first run.
    Game definitely runs on 64-bit Windows 7. You need to post in the tech support forum; include the game's setting.txt, logs\system.log and system_error.log files as well as the output from DXDIAG through the "sound devices" section.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Does the manoeuvre from naval idea and Britannia Rules the waves effect generals as well as admirals? And is manoeuvre important to generals? Never checked this much.

What about fire and shock for admirals?

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Does the manoeuvre from naval idea and Britannia Rules the waves effect generals as well as admirals? And is manoeuvre important to generals? Never checked this much.

What about fire and shock for admirals?
    I believe the NI only applies to admirals, but I'm not 100% sure.

As for manoeuvre and generals, high-manoeuvre generals move faster (which is super-powerful, as it lets you overrun defeated armies), and also reduces attrition. I find that a high-manoeuvre general is very powerful, if used correctly.
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

+ Reply to Thread