+ Reply to Thread
Page 309 of 602 FirstFirst ... 209 234 259 284 299 307 308 309 310 311 319 334 359 384 409 ... LastLast
Results 6,161 to 6,180 of 12027

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

Also how do you get the voters in the HRE to agree to the reforms you are pushing down their throats?

Quote Originally Posted by H3mmod1990 View Post
    ok thanks

I have another Question, How to increase the reinforcement speed ? mine is so slow and I need faster way to compete against all these allied minors :/
    Get military access to people near to the person you are fighting, or fight on your own terrain. You have 200% reiinforcement speed on your on land, and 100% on enemy land you control, or land you have military access to. I think it is 50% if you are next to one of the above, and far, far less (like 5% or so)in any other situation.

How can you get PU's? I have never gotten a single one but austria expaned 5X his normal size with one. How do I go about getting one?
    By marrying people, but primarily by forcing them to be your PU. You can get random PUs from countries you have a marriage with if their ruler dies without an heir or with a weak heir. You WILL get a PU with them if you claim their throne and the ruler dies withour heir/ with weak heir. You will instantly get a PU with them, and they can do nothing about it, if you claim the throne, or forge claims with the spy action on their capital, then go to to war with them and force them into a PU. Both of the first are notoriously unreliable, since countries tend to get heirs pretty often, and the chance on RM alone is pretty small.

Quote Originally Posted by rujikin View Post
    Also how do you get the voters in the HRE to agree to the reforms you are pushing down their throats?
    By being nice to them. There is a full list of influences, which i somehow always forget where to find. But basically, don't have infamy, have relations above 150, the same religion, maybe a RM, and they will probably vote for the reform. Have them vassalized on top of that, and their vote is almost certain. Have high infamy or bad relations, and they probably won't vote for you. Important: Not only electors, but everyone inside the HRE votes on reforms.

Edit: There it is, post 4 by Pewt: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post13097075

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis: RomeHoi 2 Beta500k club

Playing Timurids, DW 5.1

Just noticed that my Regency Council has a Military-7 stat. If I can reach Government-4 before the Regency ends, do they count as "a Ruler with Mil-6 skill or higher", allowing me to form the Mughal Empire? I already meet the other conditions.
    "To punish me for my contempt for authority, they made me an authority myself" - Albert Einstein

My Demi-Mod color is GOLD. If I'm posting in this color, I'm not just being a jerk. I use WHITE for that.

"The Game"... my first AAR. Armageddon v1.2 Mod-34, Germany.
    Winner, Q2-2008 HOI-2 Comedy Award.
    Winner, 2008 Iron HeAARt Award for the best HOI-2 AAR of 2008.
    Autocrat of Earth in the Forum Game "Ad Astra"
    Welcome to BloodCarnage... Hope you like snakes! - A Dwarf Fortress succession game.

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
    What, exactly, are the merits of "Enact Settlement Policy?" I get that switching culture is good in the abstract sense (although I'm not quite sure how), but the negatives seem to outweigh the positives.
    Bumping this so I don't get forgotten
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q3 ACAs have just begun! EU IV|CK II|Vicky II|HOI 3|Darkest Hour
    Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Imperium Romanum Sacrum Nationis Germanicę
    Bumping this so I don't get forgotten
    I dont like Settlement Policy. So many negatives. And I already had provinces where it took about 120years to culture switch even with that decision. National Ideas like Church Attendance Duty fasten culture spread too (by 20%). National Focus probably also, but I am not sure about that right now.

@blue emu:
    Never tried it out myself but I think I read somewhere that it should be possible. RC is a ruler in the end.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Probably the major place to use Settlement Policy is on provinces that aren't connected to the rest of your country so that normal spread is not possible.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

And only if you really care a lot about your culture.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jdrou View Post
    Probably the major place to use Settlement Policy is on provinces that aren't connected to the rest of your country so that normal spread is not possible.
    And in addition to this, it should also be a large province where the different culture negatives are really hurting you.

Winner of Best Gameplay AAR (EU 1-3) Q3 2011
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 6/26/11; 9/2/2013

"i don't like ppl coyping me" - iwanow

I'm England and I was wondering do the "Occupy Paris mission" still pops up if France is my vassal?

Quote Originally Posted by IndirectHero View Post
    I'm England and I was wondering do the "Occupy Paris mission" still pops up if France is my vassal?
    You have to be at war with them to get the occupy Paris mission.

Quote Originally Posted by IndirectHero View Post
    It only shows up if you're at war with France.

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations

Quote Originally Posted by Uebergold View Post
    I dont like Settlement Policy. So many negatives. And I already had provinces where it took about 120years to culture switch even with that decision. National Ideas like Church Attendance Duty fasten culture spread too (by 20%). National Focus probably also, but I am not sure about that right now.

@blue emu:
    Never tried it out myself but I think I read somewhere that it should be possible. RC is a ruler in the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdrou View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Simberto View Post
    And only if you really care a lot about your culture.
    Quote Originally Posted by gela1212 View Post
    And in addition to this, it should also be a large province where the different culture negatives are really hurting you.
    Thanks for all of your help!

Re: Church Attendance Duty; normally I don't bother with the religion NIs, but if increases culture spread, that might be interesting. Does it have any other benefits?
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q3 ACAs have just begun! EU IV|CK II|Vicky II|HOI 3|Darkest Hour
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

This is a terrible paste from the wiki but: http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/National_ideas

Church Attendance Duty
    -33% stability cost
    +5% Papal Influence
    With Divine Supremacy, enables Temple Built
    5% faster Rise of Religious Intolerance
    20% faster Cultural Assimilation
    20% slower Submission of the Clergy
    100% slower Spread of Protestantism I if not Protestant; 20% faster if Protestant
    100% slower Spread of Protestantism II if not Protestant; 20% faster if Protestant
    100% slower Spread of the Reformation I if not Reformed; 20% faster if Reformed
    100% slower Spread of the Reformation II if not Reformed; 20% faster if Reformed
    Enables Church Mobilises Population / Liberal Backlash
    Required for Witchcraft Act religious decision
    Required for Gilded Icons cultural decision
    Disables Act of Uniformity religious decision
    Disables Anti-Christian Edict religious decision for Eastern state religion nations

Imperium Romanum Sacrum Nationis Germanicę
    Thanks for all of your help!

Re: Church Attendance Duty; normally I don't bother with the religion NIs, but if increases culture spread, that might be interesting. Does it have any other benefits?
    As you can see, Grakl put up all those benefits.

My favorites are:
    slower spread of protestantism, it prevents religius turmoil even if you are playing a scandinavian or geman country (only few heretic provinces)
    less stability costs ofc for some countries mandatory, for others not so good depends how rich and big you are
    Gilded Iconography cultural decision , you will lose a bit national tax but you get +3 cultural tradition every year which is awesome on the long run

There are several player who just chose CAD to enact Gilded Iconography and then switch the National Idea again because even if you lose CAD you will maintain Gilded Iconography until the end.

Edit: If you are playing a non-western country and you want to westernize, CAD is also a must have (unless you are a small, rich trading nation maybe). At least until you are completely westernized.
    Last edited by Uebergold; 05-12-2011 at 21:12.

And Gilded Iconography is a great decision, too.

I may have to consider it in my next game -- thanks for all of your help!

Guys I have a sth that I can't understand

see, I'm playing as the Netherlands in the year 1580. I have 110 provinces. 9 in Europe and 101 oversea colonies. I have the Whole eastern American coast, the whole Caribbean and the whole coastal south American area all the way from panama to urugay. also I have the area from south africa to cameron. and few colonies here and there. YET all these colonies make up only 20% of my income. the rest is Trade. and if its not for the 14 infamy i have, trade would make 85% easily !!

now tell me !? how is colonies a good thing ? especially for a nation like holland ? why the hustle ? am i missing sth ? and my Tariff rate is 100%. the only good i see is the two Cots in North America. they got around 1600 gold combined.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis: RomeHoi 2 Beta500k club

Quote Originally Posted by H3mmod1990 View Post
    ... the only good i see is the two Cots in North America. they got around 1600 gold combined.
    Would you have easy access to all that money, without the colonies putting the COTs out of trade range of most of the European nations?
    "To punish me for my contempt for authority, they made me an authority myself" - Albert Einstein

My Demi-Mod color is GOLD. If I'm posting in this color, I'm not just being a jerk. I use WHITE for that.

"The Game"... my first AAR. Armageddon v1.2 Mod-34, Germany.
    Winner, Q2-2008 HOI-2 Comedy Award.
    Winner, 2008 Iron HeAARt Award for the best HOI-2 AAR of 2008.
    Autocrat of Earth in the Forum Game "Ad Astra"
    Welcome to BloodCarnage... Hope you like snakes! - A Dwarf Fortress succession game.

I have read on the EU3 wiki that it's good if (if you own most of the grain provinces) you have 1 infantry regiment in each grain province. That it would make me "rich".

I can't find anything about this on trade value though? Is this something that has been removed?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicler View Post
    I have read on the EU3 wiki that it's good if (if you own most of the grain provinces) you have 1 infantry regiment in each grain province. That it would make me "rich".

I can't find anything about this on trade value though? Is this something that has been removed?
    Code:
    grain = {
    	base_price = 10

supply = {
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 0.1
    			looted = yes
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 0.1
    			is_blockaded = yes
    		}