+ Reply to Thread
Page 235 of 601 FirstFirst ... 135 160 185 210 225 233 234 235 236 237 245 260 285 310 335 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,700 of 12012

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

how do you succeed with TO ? I always end up with a harsh shortage of MP ...
    should I annex Thrace for this aspect?
    no more unfinished IN AAR's

Thrace is a bit far for TO .

Defend against Denmark. One winning war should be enough to make them relenquish their core.
    Annex Pommerania when the Emperor is busy elsewhere (France/Hungary/Austra are great distractions for Bohemia)
    Avoid War with Poland/Lithuenia unless the GH is trampling them hard.
    If all else fails invade Russia. An alliance with Muscow will crush Novgorod. Release Finland as a buffer against Sweden and encircle and annex Novgorod capital for a Juicy COT.

Is possible, as Algeris, survive the Spainish?

I try three time this week.
    Now i'm playing Mamluks but i'm seeing that my times is running low another time.

Help, please....

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagicka
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Good tip: Release Gotland as a vassal. EVERYONE will war you over it otherwise sooner or later.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Retrograde View Post
    Good tip: Release Gotland as a vassal. EVERYONE will war you over it otherwise sooner or later.
    They'll war Gotland over it (and thus drag you in) too.
    If you think someone's trolling, PM a moderator.

Ask your quick modding questions in the appropriate place

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Cancel vassalization?

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'm not talking about Gotland , more about pommerania and such , having 7k max Mp , and about 7k to refill my troops ...
    there is no way I can face Bohemia too like this
    no more unfinished IN AAR's

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Offensive or defensive?

If I enact Erbkaisertum, do I still get authority from the imperial crown remaining in the same country? I doubt it, but wanted to be sure.

Does the counter reformation religious decision last the entire game?

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Guston View Post
    Does the counter reformation religious decision last the entire game?
    No. It goes away sometime in the first half of the 17th century.
    If you think someone's trolling, PM a moderator.

Ask your quick modding questions in the appropriate place

Quote Originally Posted by grommile View Post
    No. It goes away sometime in the first half of the 17th century.
    Thanks for telling me. I usually quit by now so i dont know much about the mid to late game goings on. Im guessing that the loss of holy war casus belli and the ability to switch religions also happens at the same time.

Here's two quick questions:

http://i.imgur.com/OTx6P.jpg

A) How did I lose this battle?
    B) I'm assuming the "WE" stands for War Exhaustion and the "T" stands for Terrain bonus/malus, but what does P stand for and does it have anything to do with me losing battles that I shouldn't?

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Hither & thither, perchance anon whither... ?
    What is Paradox script called? Just "Paradox Script" or is it similar to, or based on, an existing scripting language? Curious...
    OPTIMUM SCHOLARUM COGITATIONIS
    A Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind Mod focusing on Europe & Asia from 1411-1789.

"Go slow, don't get rushed, ask for help and, most importantly, remember that our scouts report vague rumors that life outside of EU3 exists" - 17blue17

Quote Originally Posted by Vinniecakes View Post
    Here's two quick questions:

http://i.imgur.com/OTx6P.jpg

A) How did I lose this battle?
    B) I'm assuming the "WE" stands for War Exhaustion and the "T" stands for Terrain bonus/malus, but what does P stand for and does it have anything to do with me losing battles that I shouldn't?
    B) T is for tradition, either naval or land. P is for prestige.

A) Did you have loser, obsolete unit types against some modern crack troops? Clubmen vs. riflemen for instance ;-) Land maintenance low? Lousy morale?
    A Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind Mod focusing on Europe & Asia from 1411-1789.

"Go slow, don't get rushed, ask for help and, most importantly, remember that our scouts report vague rumors that life outside of EU3 exists" - 17blue17

Quote Originally Posted by Scocou View Post
    B) T is for tradition, either naval or land. P is for prestige.
    A) Did you have loser, obsolete unit types against some modern crack troops? Clubmen vs. riflemen for instance ;-) Land maintenance low? Lousy morale?
    Most of that army are Landsknechten Infantry from a handful of european provinces that I took over. Well above my current tech level/tech group. The ottoman empire has land technology of level 10, so I should have superior troops. Thanks for the quick reply, I really have no idea what to do.

EDIT: Land maintenance is as high as the slider goes. I also have a 4 Star adviser giving bonus morale to armies (I think it's .20?) and all of the four armies were just chilling in my land before this battle, so their morale was/should have been maxed out.

Most of that army are Landsknechten Infantry from a handful of european provinces that I took over. Well above my current tech level/tech group. The ottoman empire has land technology of level 10, so I should have superior troops. Thanks for the quick reply, I really have no idea what to do.

EDIT: Land maintenance is as high as the slider goes. I also have a 4 Star adviser giving bonus morale to armies (I think it's .20?) and all of the four armies were just chilling in my land before this battle, so their morale was/should have been maxed out.
    Terrain maybe? Did you cross a river? Just guessing now, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Scocou View Post
    Terrain maybe? Did you cross a river? Just guessing now, really.
    I was defending.

The only thing I can think of is the fact that my current ruler has a military skill of 3. But I can't believe it would make me lose battles when I outnumber my opponents by that much with superior troops. I really have no idea what to do with this. Ottomans are scary enough as they are, but now even when I have 3 times the troops I still lose.

Thinking, which is a better option?

Austria -> Prussia -> Germany, TO -> Prussia -> Germany, or should I just go Austria -> HRE instead?

Liberté, egalité, fraternité StephenT's Avatar
    Cities in MotionDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

How did I lose this battle?
    What's your own land tech? You may be using Western troops (Landsknechten are Land 13), but your actual tech level determines the modifiers you use. For example, at Land 7 the Cavalry Shock modifier is x 1.0, at Land 10 it's x 1.4 - in other words, Ottoman cavalry will be 40% better than yours if your tech is only 7. Using better units only partly cancels that out.

Your ruler's MIL rating gives a bonus of 10% of its value to morale: so your MIL 3 guy is giving you +0.3 morale. If the Ottoman Sultan has MIL 8, for instance, he's giving his troops +0.8. Also, does he have the military drill NI? Is he Defender of the Faith? Both of those give a big morale bonus (+1.0 and +0.5 respectively).

Plus, don't forget there's an element of chance in every battle. You each roll a random number from 1 - 10, and add your bonuses to this to determine how much damage you do each day. If you roll 1, 3, 2 and the Ottomans roll 8, 9, 9 then they're going to win no matter how good your troops are. If that happens, you just have to suck it up and try again next battle. Even Napoleon lost sometimes.

+ Reply to Thread