+ Reply to Thread
Page 231 of 601 FirstFirst ... 131 156 181 206 221 229 230 231 232 233 241 256 281 306 331 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,620 of 12015

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Valynor View Post
    I seem to remember that wars prevent inheritance, but the only wars I had when my emperors died were against hordes.
    I did not think Horde wars mattered in this subject, am I wrong?
    Well, horde wars matter for releasing vassals, I'd assume they matter for inheritance as well.
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------
    EU3 AAR: Two lions and a yellow background (MPM)

Sergeant
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmann View Post
    I am going for the form Germany achievement from TO, can I form Prussia without ruining the achievement?
    Yes, no problem.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ANO1453 View Post
    Well, horde wars matter for releasing vassals, I'd assume they matter for inheritance as well.
    So, once you border Nogai, Timurids, Golden Horde and Kazakh there is very little hope for inheritance

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Valynor View Post
    So, once you border Nogai, Timurids, Golden Horde and Kazakh there is very little hope for inheritance
    Make them pay tribute? Close wars quickly?
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------
    EU3 AAR: Two lions and a yellow background (MPM)

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ANO1453 View Post
    Make them pay tribute? Close wars quickly?
    Yeah, you're right, but I was colonizing their land infamy free and become greedy
    I'll take a break and wait to inherit at least some lesser partner.
    Thanx to you all!

When does a "warning" expire?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLead and Gold
    MagickaMount & Blade: Warband500k club

Hey I have some issues with tech investment, sometimes my investment is fixed at a certain level and I can't seem to move it
    Like stability investment stays at 0 percent or government investment stays at like 30 percent, what causes this? :/

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Mods View Post
    Hey I have some issues with tech investment, sometimes my investment is fixed at a certain level and I can't seem to move it
    Like stability investment stays at 0 percent or government investment stays at like 30 percent, what causes this? :/
    Two things:

If you have stability +3, your stability slider is locked at 0

If the sliders are grey, that means you have locked them. Right click on it to unlock it.

Sergeant
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Victoria: Revolutions500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

There is also a bug where the stability slider wont move if you lose stability with that window open - simply move to a different window then return and the slider should be moveable again.

Does plutocracy have a positive or negative impact on the economy of a large empire? I heard it increases the value of wool and cloth or something?

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Guston View Post
    Does plutocracy have a positive or negative impact on the economy of a large empire? I heard it increases the value of wool and cloth or something?
    Aristocracy halves the supply of wool in provinces you own that produce it. Plutocracy halves the supply of cloth in provinces you own that produce it. Reducing the supply of a trade good increases its value.
    If you think someone's trolling, PM a moderator.

Ask your quick modding questions in the appropriate place

Quote Originally Posted by grommile View Post
    Aristocracy halves the supply of wool in provinces you own that produce it. Plutocracy halves the supply of cloth in provinces you own that produce it. Reducing the supply of a trade good increases its value.
    Cloth is more valuable but wool is more plentiful. So i guess the answer is maybe? Im just going to leave the slider alone for a while then.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by Guston View Post
    Cloth is more valuable but wool is more plentiful. So i guess the answer is maybe? Im just going to leave the slider alone for a while then.
    Or you could base your decision on whether you need more spies and some small economic bonuses (plutocracy) or more diplomats and cheaper armies and much cheaper cavalry and better generals (aristocracy).
    If you think someone's trolling, PM a moderator.

Ask your quick modding questions in the appropriate place

Quote Originally Posted by grommile View Post
    Or you could base your decision on whether you need more spies and some small economic bonuses (plutocracy) or more diplomats and cheaper armies and much cheaper cavalry and better generals (aristocracy).
    At this point im more concerned with tech speed. Until i get the east Indian trade company decision and trade route modifier my tech is going to continue suffering. Im going for WC as Portugal and im currently going though some growing pains.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLead and Gold
    MagickaMount & Blade: Warband500k club

Quote Originally Posted by tamius23 View Post
    Two things:

If the sliders are grey, that means you have locked them. Right click on it to unlock it.
    Oh man, I've abandoned 2 games already because I didn't know this, thinking my game was bugged
    Thanks man

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

What triggers AI merchants sending ?
    in my Cherokee Game I had a CoT in Huron , with complete monopoly , and in 1800 I never had more than one foreign trader in , but my coT in Lima frequently got assailed by various countries so I only got a normal monopoly inside ...
    both were known to europeans with the map spread
    no more unfinished IN AAR's

Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sprites View Post
    What triggers AI merchants sending ?
    in my Cherokee Game I had a CoT in Huron , with complete monopoly , and in 1800 I never had more than one foreign trader in , but my coT in Lima frequently got assailed by various countries so I only got a normal monopoly inside ...
    both were known to europeans with the map spread
    AFAIK it's based on CoT size and how many of their own provinces trade through that CoT (more provinces also gives a competition bonus, so that makes sense).

When going for a colonial game (which I'm doing really serious for the first time as Castile -> Iberia) about when should I be in north America? I just wanna make sure I'm not slacking too much or if I am that I need to get my ass there :P

So when you vassalise another country either via warfare or releasing them they automatically take on the government type that you currently have, the exception being if you're an empire, as I understand it. When you release countries as vassals they're also released as the same religion as you are - is there any way to avoid this and release them with the religion they originally had?

Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay916 View Post
    When going for a colonial game (which I'm doing really serious for the first time as Castile -> Iberia) about when should I be in north America? I just wanna make sure I'm not slacking too much or if I am that I need to get my ass there :P
    Depends on your goals, settings and competitors, but you can take your first American land around 1430-1440.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flak View Post
    So when you vassalise another country either via warfare or releasing them they automatically take on the government type that you currently have, the exception being if you're an empire, as I understand it. When you release countries as vassals they're also released as the same religion as you are - is there any way to avoid this and release them with the religion they originally had?
    Yes, by losing wars and conceding to release these vassals in a peace treaty.

+ Reply to Thread