+ Reply to Thread
Page 217 of 601 FirstFirst ... 117 142 167 192 207 215 216 217 218 219 227 242 267 292 317 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,340 of 12012

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

How do you remove Western Influences?

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by ANO1453 View Post
    Catholics have a lower stability cost, increased colonist chance, more missionaries and more diplomats.
    And (if they're large and intolerant) more infamy reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by lkjggfs View Post
    How do you remove Western Influences?
    Fully Westernize, or be less friendly to your Western-group neighbours.
    If you think someone's trolling, PM a moderator.

Ask your quick modding questions in the appropriate place

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

you'll need to reform the military , and this one is a bitch :/ having a 7 adm leader when the resist_western_influences finally ends ...

BTW , is conquering Mali/swahili worth it? they should be connected , but a giganormous empire is ugly :/
    no more unfinished IN AAR's

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Swahili is definitely worth it for the land connection to Mutapa, and Zanzibar. Mali depends on what nation you're playing.

Winner of Best Gameplay AAR (EU 1-3) Q3 2011
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 6/26/11; 9/2/2013

"i don't like ppl coyping me" - iwanow

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'm playing the ottomans , but the mamelukes are alive
    they always have an heir so i can't kill them
    If I take those two , basically i've to take the entiere Africa with all that implies ...
    no more unfinished IN AAR's

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by sprites View Post
    Keep an eye on their legitimacy in the first page of the ledger. Some time when it drops below 50% (and it will, eventually - sooner or later they'll have a long regency, or an heir with a weak claim, or maybe even a sustained spell of low prestige), you can use spies to Fabricate Claims against them, allowing you to force a PU without needing a royal marriage in the first place. (This is, hands down, the better of the two options for forcing personal unions.)

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by sprites View Post
    If I take those two , basically i've to take the entiere Africa with all that implies ...
    Mali has gold provinces and good base taxes (14, 8, 7), even better than Swahili.
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------
    EU3 AAR: Two lions and a yellow background (MPM)

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

Am I the only one who finds it ridiculous that there is no regular way to raise base tax?
    Hi, my name is GamezRule, and I will be conquering you today.

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Bumping my question up: I think it got lost in the shuffle!

A question of my own: if I diplo-annex an OPM on which I have a core, do I still take the infamy hit?
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Playing as Austria, how can I make money without minting? I'm not over my force limits but I seem to need to mint just to stay ahead of bankruptcy.

Also, how do you become the HRE?
    "It's a history game. History was tedious. History did not encourage world domination." - forums user V1ribus

List of CK2 Traits: Grey Eminence; Poet; Homosexual, Genius, Humble, Ambitious, Gregarious, Honest, Paranoid, Cynical, Proud, Slothful, Lustful
    (Yes I know humble and proud are opposites.)

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

One more thing, what is the best way to go to war with somebody who maintains an army that is about 25% larger then yours, when you need to conquer them? The game still being in the early land techs, each at 5 iirc, and with the opponent having a good connection of alliances.

On the same note, how do you ensure that your allies will actually attack with you?
    Hi, my name is GamezRule, and I will be conquering you today.

Does anyone have the link for MEIOU, I must be blind, I can't find it.

Second Lieutenant the answer 42's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by lkjggfs View Post
    Does anyone have the link for MEIOU, I must be blind, I can't find it.
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/....php?416-MEIOU

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfGrey View Post
    Playing as Austria, how can I make money without minting? I'm not over my force limits but I seem to need to mint just to stay ahead of bankruptcy.
    Above all: keep your land maintenance low when you're not at war. (Also, hire a master of the mint so that you can mint some of your income without getting inflation.)

Also, how do you become the HRE?
    Inconvenient way: Be more prestigious, better liked, and legitimate than the current emperor when he dies, and hope that he does so just after attempting to pass a reform (so his authority is low).

Brute-force way: Vassalize or PU four of the electors.

Cheesy way (in DW): Expand your Sphere of Influence so that your effective Diplomacy skill goes sky high, pumping your diplomacy-skill bonus in the Imperial Election to ridiculous levels.

Quote Originally Posted by GamezRule View Post
    One more thing, what is the best way to go to war with somebody who maintains an army that is about 25% larger then yours, when you need to conquer them? The game still being in the early land techs, each at 5 iirc, and with the opponent having a good connection of alliances.
    Simple, unhelpful answer: "Don't". Not-so-simple unhelpful answer: "Carefully."

Useful answer: If they've got a bigger army and lots of allies, you're going to need to find some way of neutralizing the latter. It's useful to remember that if country A and country B are allied, but (due to the peculiarities of the alliance system) country B is part of the alliance you're fighting a war on behalf of, and country A isn't, then if you get into a war with country A, country B can't come to their assistance.

This is why France should probably form an alliance with the sitting Emperor (usually Austria), then join in the Emperor's war against someone in the Balkans, before trying to reclaim their cores from Burgundy and Provence.

On the same note, how do you ensure that your allies will actually attack with you?
    Attack with them when they go to war, and help them win their wars quickly so that they don't rack up too much WE.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
    Bumping my question up: I think it got lost in the shuffle!

A question of my own: if I diplo-annex an OPM on which I have a core, do I still take the infamy hit?
    I think so, but I'm not sure. I confirmed it.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfGrey View Post
    Get yourself some gold mines, some trade and cut expenses (aka, lower your land and naval sliders when not at war).
    Last edited by ANO1453; 27-08-2011 at 13:34.
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------

Just formed HRE . Am I meant to lose all buildings minus forts & manufactories when I inherit those countries?

Thanks,
    Wasila

Quote Originally Posted by grommile View Post
    Above all: keep your land maintenance low when you're not at war. (Also, hire a master of the mint so that you can mint some of your income without getting inflation.)

Inconvenient way: Be more prestigious, better liked, and legitimate than the current emperor when he dies, and hope that he does so just after attempting to pass a reform (so his authority is low).

Brute-force way: Vassalize or PU four of the electors.

Cheesy way (in DW): Expand your Sphere of Influence so that your effective Diplomacy skill goes sky high, pumping your diplomacy-skill bonus in the Imperial Election to ridiculous levels.
    Trading in Ivory also grants +2 diplomatic skill.
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by Wasila View Post
    Just formed HRE . Am I meant to lose all buildings minus forts & manufactories when I inherit those countries?

Thanks,
    Wasila
    From my tests, yes. But if there are any buildings in construction, when they complete, they will give you all the building prequesites (if some is building a Grandshipyard, you'll get a Dock, a Drydock, a Shipyard and a Grandshipyard when the construction finishes). You also inherit tax assessors.
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------

I used to have three auto saves that were back-to-back every year, ex) "autosave 1500" "oldautosave 1499" "olderautosave 1498"

now I only get the one autosave and idk why how do I get the three of them again?
    “Although our intellect always longs for clarity and certainty, our nature often finds uncertainty fascinating.” ~Karl Von Clausewitz~

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Templaric- View Post
    I used to have three auto saves that were back-to-back every year, ex) "autosave 1500" "oldautosave 1499" "olderautosave 1498"

now I only get the one autosave and idk why how do I get the three of them again?

I second this question.

+ Reply to Thread