On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"
────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers
6 war exhaustion or more
less than 0 prestige
Government Tech 48 or higher
5 or more provinces
After a MTTH of 360 months (+/- modifiers) you get a revolution. The revolution ends if you get stability 1 or higher and have 0 rebels (you don't want it to end!).
The sliders set towards aristocracy, decentralization and serfdom decreases MTTH and high revolt risk and low stability also decreases MTTH. The national idea Humanist Tolerance increases MTTH.
This will give you a revolution.
The second event you need to fire requires this:
have a revolution
government tech 53 or higher
there is no other revolutionary country
your capital is in Europe
you have 10 or more provinces
you're not France (France got a different event with the same requirements and effects)
After a mean time of 24 months, which is decreased for each of the 7 events that can fire due to the revolution, you become a Revolutionary Republic, get +3 stability, a new ruler and these sliders maxed:
Edit: You also need one of the following forms of governments to get a revolution:
Thanks a bunch for the quick answer. And wow, now that's some work to do. I'd rather stick with my Bureaucratic Despotism.
I cleared my map cache because I was having colonial distance problems. But I'm still having the colonial distance problems. What's going on? I am not running any mods.
If you had to choose would you rather have 10 PE or 10% more taxes?
Can I claim a throne while at war with that particular country? So as to lower their prestige, then claim their throne to force a PU?
Hey guys! I'm newly obsessed with EU3, and midway through a very successful Holland game I encountered a few frustrations:
1. After a few cascading alliance wars I got on the Hansa's bad side and they barred me from trading in Lubeck. Although I've missed the trade dispute casus belli, I still can't send merchants there. They also have a monopoly in their own CoT. Do I just need to buy off a positive relationship with them or is there something else I'm missing?
2. I gained elector status in the HRE, vassalized a few electors and was elected emperor - but now I keep getting hit with unlawful territory infamy from formal request provinces. Even with advisors and embassies, my reputation is really crushing my trade. I'd rather dismantle the HRE at this point - is there any way to do so as the emperor? The only options I see is to ruin my reputation with my electors, wait for a female monarch or change to a republic. Which leads to...
3. How can I change from Holland's old monarchy to a republic more befitting the Netherlands during the time period? I can't find anything in the UI and the Wiki isn't clear either.
Thanks a lot for your help, guys - hopefully with your help I can start contributing to the boards!
2. Release the unlawful territory as vassals if you can. There is a button on the bottom of the menu that shows what your relations are with other countries. That should remove the penalty.
3. Get better government tech. Look here for the requirements.
What are the effects of going past the slider limit? For instance, early in the game you can only centralize so far. What happens if you go past the limit? [I'm playing HttT]
Eutopia is dead. Long live Eutopia.
Paradox Member #3510
England fan since 1966 but should consider looking for another team. [
What's the difference between Merchant Chance and Compete Chance?
Give me dukes as vassals ! Anytime - anywhere !
No hay banda - there is no band - it's all an illusion
One of the most underrated games needs your support = Take Command Second Manassas (visit at http://www.madminutegames.com )
Apologies if this has come up before (or is in the manual somewhere) - tried searching the forum but couldn't see anything...
Is there any way to slow down the (very helpful) mouse tooltips ? I'd like the short version to stay a bit longer before going on to the larger version (not that I've got anything against more info, but it obscures some of the rest of the panels, and as I get used to the interface I need a quick reminder rather than a full explanation).
Many thanks for your help,
As the Iroquois, is there any "easy" way to convert to a non pagan religion? Or do I need to foster a revolt in one of my provinces?