+ Reply to Thread
Page 153 of 602 FirstFirst ... 53 78 103 128 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 178 203 228 253 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 12029

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

im playing cherokee, i've westernized to muslim tech (granada had a colony near me) i have the westernize option again and it says i can change to oriental tech? GB is next to me why can i not westernize to latin tech? do i need to go to oriental tech to have the western tech option? P.S. I've also changed noble republic.

Yes. You need to westernize step by step so you need to be in eastern (oriental) tech group before you can westernize to latin tech group.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

i see, hmm well thank you i didn't know it took multiple times

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

youneed to do each step in order , you can't westernize in one heavy reform ...
    no more unfinished IN AAR's

Does Land of Opportunity effect Steppe Horde Colonization?

What's the general strategy to get another nation to back you as becoming emperor?

Elven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II Collection

Quote Originally Posted by sirith1 View Post
    No idea! Maybe I will test this.

Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoastTiger View Post
    What's the general strategy to get another nation to back you as becoming emperor?
    Vassalize them. Instant +250 bonus to chance to vote if you are the same religion. You also get bonuses for relation, royal marriages, and being of the same culture group.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoastTiger View Post
    If you mouse over them you can get details of who they're voting for and why. Legitimacy at 100, being a large member of the HRE, relations at 200, high prestige and NOT being a heretic will get you a spot with a lot of electors as long as the current emperor isn't that strong. (Imperial authority grants election bonuses)

Winner of Best Gameplay AAR (EU 1-3) Q3 2011
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 6/26/11; 9/2/2013

"i don't like ppl coyping me" - iwanow

Indipidipenditant Demi Moderator LordLeto's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by TAMBOURINESNAKE View Post
    No idea! Maybe I will test this.

It seems to in my current Polish game.
    If I'm speaking in Gold, it means I'm speaking in my capacity as a Demi-Mod.
    Any other color, it's your choice whether to pay attention or not

"Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word." -- John Steinbeck

PARADOX 10 COMMANDMENTS

67 games registered

CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    It does but as colonists count for twice as much in horde provinces I find it better to just spam them.
    Non Angelus Sed Anglus

The Barcelona-based Sport: 'Football punishes Barca - Unjust, cruel, horrible, unmerited. Any adjective is not enough to define the incredible elimination of Barca at the hands of Chelsea.'

New player here.
    What do the red arrows represent on the colonial map?

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by ErwinZ View Post
    New player here.
    Trade Winds: you ships will have an increased movement speed in the direction of the arrows (and a decreased going against them).
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ErwinZ View Post
    New player here.
    To add to Safferli's comment, your colonial range goes further when it follows the red arrows and is smaller when the red arrows fight against it. This is so the Iberians colonize South America first instead of grabbing Canada.

Winner of Best Gameplay AAR (EU 1-3) Q3 2011
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 6/26/11; 9/2/2013

"i don't like ppl coyping me" - iwanow

Quote Originally Posted by gela1212 View Post
    This is so the Iberians colonize South America first instead of grabbing Canada.
    Though this doesn't always work, Portugal or Castille usually just annexes Creek & co. and absorbs all of North America from there once those provinces core.

But that's not in the scope of the question, so derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakyou View Post
    Though this doesn't always work, Portugal or Castille usually just annexes Creek & co. and absorbs all of North America from there once those provinces core.

But that's not in the scope of the question, so derp.
    I as a player often sail around to Oman or Yemen or thereabouts. It seems easier to just grab a few provinces then to wait for the Gold coast and Cape to core and move slowly and historically.

I'm playing Heir to the Throne. The menu interface is invisible and I can't see icons/images of religions in provinces. I'm playing with Magna Mundi submod. I know there was a solution before, but I forgot what it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Lithuanian2 View Post
    I'm playing Heir to the Throne. The menu interface is invisible and I can't see icons/images of religions in provinces. I'm playing with Magna Mundi submod. I know there was a solution before, but I forgot what it is!

You're better off asking in the Magna Mundi subforum.

I have a personal union with Portugal. Portugal has explored further than me. Will the areas explored by Portugal become visible to me once I inherit them, or do I have to wait like the rest of my tech group?

I just tried running the game without the mod and this issue is no longer present. I guess I should ask the Magna Mundi players then. If anyone knows a solution, please do not hesitate to share it here, though.

They will certainly become visible Yakyou. Together with any neighboring sea provinces.

Does a related King's succession have any effect. In my current game as Austria a Von Habsburg has succeded to the Polish throne and I wondered what that actually changed/ did.

+ Reply to Thread